Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

mac122 March 22nd, 2013 12:29 PM

Re: Yeah...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 1786110)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1786101)
I'd prefer putting 'Lots of Guns' on Neo's card. Any other thoughts from the peanut gallery?

It makes a lot of sense to keep other characters from using it. The other option is to make it a power glyph that can only be used by certain races or classes but my guess is there is no precedent (a little hazy on the power glyphs for the other characters). If not, then it's probably easier to put it on his card.

~Dysole, who will note that while iconic the LOG SA is not essential to Neo's character in his opinion

Glad you're popping in, Dysole. Feel free to stick around.

I had it as a modifier to the normal attack for ranged figures - reduce range and attack to be able to attack multiple times. I can see how that might overpower future designs that would incorporate our Power Glyphs.

As to the Power Glyphs, these are something we came up with for use with the Thomas Hunter design to allow him to learn new skills as the game progressed. They are never placed on the battlefield, only on cards to supplement the design and only on cards that have a special power that uses them. They can't be lost or transferred to other characters. Seemed a natural fit to use them with Neo to represent the ability to download new skills for use in the Matrix.

Dysole March 22nd, 2013 12:40 PM

More Power

I read about them so I knew what they were. I just couldn't remember off the top of my head if there were any that limited themselves to certain characters. I also think Aquilla makes the most sense if you don't want him in Vydar.

~Dysole, who's been lurking for a while

William099 March 22nd, 2013 07:17 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Yeah I'm going to say Aquilla... I like Manipulate the Matrix as the power name better personally... I think if we do go with the gun attack the 1 and 1 glyph method sounds good to me...

Confred March 22nd, 2013 10:19 PM

With regards to Neo's general. I at first thought Vydar also. Technology, Krav Maga. But I don't think that's the case anymore.
The spiritual monkly side of things as has been mentioned gave me a pause for Ullar.
However, the more I think of it, the more Einar really seems like the way to go.

The counter to Einar is that while Einar is the "faction of mankind and their machinations" it's also of empires and militarization.
Look at Spartacus, rising up against the machine, leading his rebel forces and creating a new empire. That's what Morpheus is doing with Zion.

Edit: I prefer MANIPULATE THE MATRIX over THE ONE
This version of Neo is before he is confirmed to be The One. It's only speculative by this point. This version of Neo is before he can fly and heal and regenerate and etc. I think that uber version should perhaps be The One to have that power name

Balantai March 29th, 2013 11:13 AM

I have flip-flopped my opinion on Neo. I don't think he needs the Lots of Guns Special Attack. His normal attack represents his gun just fine, IMO. Also, Confred makes a good point about 'The One'. I think I prefer 'Manipulate the Matrix'.

Thoughts?

mac122 March 29th, 2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1790656)
I have flip-flopped my opinion on Neo. I don't think he needs the Lots of Guns Special Attack. His normal attack represents his gun just fine, IMO. Also, Confred makes a good point about 'The One'. I think I prefer 'Manipulate the Matrix'.

Thoughts?

I'm fine with both of these points. Without LoGSA, ID could go back to 3 total power glyphs. I think we could add a simple Double Attack power glyph to let Neo shoot twice in a turn.

Quote:

Neo
Aquilla or Einar

Human
Unique Hero
Champion
Bold
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 6
Range 7
Attack 3
Defense 4
Points ???

INFORMATION DOWNLOAD
Begin the game with up to 6 Power Glyphs. At the start of the game, before placing Order Markers, choose up to 2 Power Glyphs and place them on this card. Once per game, after revealing a numbered Order Marker on this card, if Neo is unengaged, you may also reveal the "X" Order Marker on this card to place 1 additional Power Glyph on this card.

MANIPULATE THE MATRIX
When Neo rolls defense dice against an attacking figure who is not adjacent, one shield will block all damage. When Neo rolls defense dice against an adjacent attacking figure, if he rolls at least one shield, the most wounds he may take for this attack is one.

Additional Power Glyph possibilities:
Double Attack
Phantom Walk
Ninjutsu Barrage Special Attack
Freerunner (from the Ezio Auditore design)
-already have Whirlwind Assault to use as Kung Fu

Balantai March 29th, 2013 11:24 AM

Instead of a Double Attack power glyph, could we just give Neo Double Attack? I worry about giving other figures that use power glyphs Double Attack.

Taeblewalker March 29th, 2013 11:26 AM

MtM is a better name. "The One" might work better for a more advanced Neo.

"I see you have some skill."

Double attack works, I think.

mac122 March 29th, 2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1790672)
Instead of a Double Attack power glyph, could we just give Neo Double Attack? I worry about giving other figures that use power glyphs Double Attack.

Quote:

Neo
Aquilla or Einar

Human
Unique Hero
Champion
Bold
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 6
Range 7
Attack 3
Defense 4
Points ???

INFORMATION DOWNLOAD
Begin the game with up to 6 Power Glyphs. At the start of the game, before placing Order Markers, choose 1 Power Glyph and place it on this card. Once per game, after revealing a numbered Order Marker on this card, if Neo is unengaged, you may also reveal the "X" Order Marker on this card to place 1 additional Power Glyph on this card.

DOUBLE ATTACK
When Neo attacks with his normal attack, he may attack one additional time.

MANIPULATE THE MATRIX
When Neo rolls defense dice against an attacking figure who is not adjacent, one shield will block all damage. When Neo rolls defense dice against an adjacent attacking figure, if he rolls at least one shield, the most wounds he may take for this attack is one.

Additional Power Glyph possibilities:
Phantom Walk
Ninjutsu Barrage Special Attack
Freerunner (from the Ezio Auditore design)
-already have Whirlwind Assault to use as Kung Fu
With Double Attack. Will we need to add "normal attack" to the wording for Double Attack?

Balantai March 29th, 2013 11:55 AM

Yes. I believe we would. I've definitely seen that before on a C3G figure. I can't think of it off the top of my head, but to avoid confusion it should be on there.

McHotcakes March 30th, 2013 12:59 PM

How would double attack mix with whirlwind assault?

Balantai March 30th, 2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 1791041)
How would double attack mix with whirlwind assault?

Double Attack
When Neo attacks with his normal attack, he may attack with his normal attack one additional time.