Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Ion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=58584)

LordVenoc January 18th, 2021 10:04 AM

The Book of Ion

The Book of Ion (Daniel Hessler)

C3G VALIANT WAVE 40
WAR OF THE INDEPENDENTS

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/..._Ion_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...G_Ion_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a repainted Heroclix figure from the Superman and the Legion of Superheroes set.
Its model number and name are #003 / Lightning Lad.

The figure used for this unit is a repainted Heroclix figure from the Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes Gravity Feed set.
Its model number and name are #203 / Lightning Lad.

Character Bio - Daniel Hessler is a Psiot with the ability to generate and control electricity, even the innate electricity in the human body. He is a subordinate of Toyo Harada and is often acting as one of his Eggbreakers, highly trained Psiots working as his personal military force. Ion has gone toe-to-toe with the Renegades on multiple occasions.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • As a Psiot, Ion has these Psiot Synergies.
  • As a Psiot Disciple, Ion may bond with Toyo Harada due to Toyo Harada's The Foundation power.
Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: LordVenoc
  • Second playtest: Lord Pyre
  • Third playtest: Ronin
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Card Art by Soundwarp

LordVenoc January 18th, 2021 10:05 AM

Re: The Book of Ion (Breathing)

NAME = ION
SECRET IDENTITY = DANIEL HESSLER
SPECIES = PSIOT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = DISCIPLE
PERSONALITY = ARROGANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 165

BIOELECTRIC MANIPULATION
Once per player turn, when combat dice are rolled for an opponent’s figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Ion, you may choose up to two dice rolled. You may choose up to three dice instead, if that figure is an Android, Cyborg, or has the Electrically Charged special power. All chosen dice must be rerolled once.

TELESTATIC TELEKINETICS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 4 + Special.
If Ion inflicts at least one wound with this special attack, he may attack again, rolling one additional attack die. Ion may continue attacking with this special attack until he does not inflict a wound, to a maximum of three attacks per turn. Ion may target non-adjacent figures for this attack even if he is engaged, and cannot attack the same figure more than once.

LordVenoc January 18th, 2021 10:05 AM

Mini Pics

Repaint Tutorial
Spoiler Alert!

Comic Art

Background Art

LordVenoc January 18th, 2021 10:06 AM

No real changes from the LCW here. Main thing at this point is just establishing a good class for him. Johnny and I did feel that Enforcer really didn't fit, and general feeling seems to be not creating a new class if we don't have to.

IAmBatman January 18th, 2021 10:22 AM

I don’t think your link in the designs thread is working as I clicked on it and it went to nothing. Had to find this manually.

LordVenoc January 18th, 2021 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2442065)
I don’t think your link in the designs thread is working as I clicked on it and it went to nothing. Had to find this manually.

Well that's weird. I fixed it now though.

IAmBatman January 18th, 2021 10:48 AM

Operative, maybe?

Lazy Orang January 18th, 2021 11:18 AM

Fwiw, I think this 'no new classes' thing is silly - if a class fits, a class fits. Granted, I'm not a fan of the one you initially had, since it seemed unnecessarily bitty, but what's the theme here? Why does Enforcer not seem to fit?

LordVenoc January 18th, 2021 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2442071)
Operative, maybe?

I could see it. I originally envisioned that for the Gen Zero kids (kids basically taken at a young age by military contractor Project Rising Spirit and trained and used as a black ops team), but given my designs for them are aimed more after they are freed from there, they could likely get a different class themselves to open up Operative here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Orang (Post 2442080)
Fwiw, I think this 'no new classes' thing is silly - if a class fits, a class fits. Granted, I'm not a fan of the one you initially had, since it seemed unnecessarily bitty, but what's the theme here? Why does Enforcer not seem to fit?

By "not creating a new class if we don't have to" I literally mean exactly what you're saying. If there's something that fits, we will use it. If there isn't, there isn't and we will make something new.

Enforcer basically fits in name only, not really in context. So the "personal military force" concept aligns to a degree. However, in the context of what we actually have classed as Enforcers, IMO these guys don't really fit in the slightest. The whole organization is very rooted in Harada's Japanese culture, with Psiot ranks literally being designations found in samurai culture.

IAmBatman January 18th, 2021 12:20 PM

Yakuza. :-P

Lord Pyre January 18th, 2021 02:00 PM

Looks good! Interesting that his SA gets stronger rather than weaker. Makes target priority strange.

Will want to specify figure or player turn for the first power. Also I assume it wouldn't affect Special Attacks since it doesn't specify?

LordVenoc January 18th, 2021 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Pyre (Post 2442115)
Looks good! Interesting that his SA gets stronger rather than weaker. Makes target priority strange.

The idea there is him pulling electricity from each person hit, thus strengthening the attack. Honestly should probably drop electrically charged from that bit as it probably muddies that theme even more.

Quote:

Will want to specify figure or player turn for the first power. Also I assume it wouldn't affect Special Attacks since it doesn't specify?
Yep, doesn't affect Special Attacks. Will specify player turn when breathing ends.