Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Balantai March 15th, 2011 12:54 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Yeah. It's definitely tough considering Ash doesn't play well in any group, let alone a Vahalla army. Yet, when all's said and done, he's a good guy.

Any other comments before we move on to the next figure?

Balantai March 16th, 2011 03:05 PM

Okay...a day has passed.

If Mac's still interested, it's his turn to choose.

Balantai March 21st, 2011 02:11 PM

Okay, let's move on to Wulfhunter. If you're still interested in the project, please make your selection, Wulf.

EDIT: Mac has just resurfaced. Let's allow him to make his pick first since he's up in the rotation.

mac122 March 21st, 2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1366135)
Okay...a day has passed.

Sorry, don't know how I missed this. I'll wait until my next turn in the rotation. :oops:

Balantai March 21st, 2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1369223)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1366135)
Okay...a day has passed.

Sorry, don't know how I missed this. I'll wait until my next turn in the rotation. :oops:

No worries, Mac. Go ahead and make your pick, now. I doubt Wulf will mind waiting for his turn. :D

mac122 March 21st, 2011 03:56 PM

Thanks, Balantai.

Indiana Jones
http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...iana_Jones.jpg
Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom, Last Crusade...
For the mini, James Murphy makes an excellent proxy. The hat, coat, and whip are all very Indy-like, though the gun is too big.

I'm sure most, if not all, of you are familiar with Dr. Jones: adventurer, archeologist, Nazi-fighter.
Indiana Jones Wikipedia article.

I think Indy should be a relatively strong fighter with possibly a ranged normal attack representing his pistol and a special attack/ability for his whip. He should have either a toughness to prevent damage or a healing power representing his ability to absorb a lot of abuse and keep going. A d20 boost when rolling for traps seems appropriate, as well. A creative way to represent his fear of snakes would be fun as well, if it doesn't take too much space on the card.

machinekng March 21st, 2011 04:14 PM

Indiana Jones
Jandar

Human
Unique Hero
Adventurer
???(Tricky, Valiant)
Medium ?

Life 5
Move 5
Range 6
Attack 3
Defense 5

Whip Swing 3
Instead of a normal move, Indiana Jones may use his Whip Swing. Whip Swing has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Indiana Jones's Whip Swing, ignore elevations. Indiana may swing over water without stopping, figures without becoming engaged, and swing over obstacles such as ruins. Indiana Jones may move or down more than 10(?) levels in a single Whip Swing. If Indiana Jones is engaged when he starts to Whip Swing, he does not take leaving engagement attacks.

Whip Snap 9
Before moving an after attacking, Indiana Jones may target a single figure within 2 clear sight spaces. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 9 or higher, the targeted figure may roll a maxium of one defense against Indiana Jones's normal attack this turn.

Treasure Hunter
When you roll the 20-sided die for a Treasure Glyph trap with Indiana Jones, you may add 4 to your die roll.

or...

Treasure Hunter
When Indiana Jones rolls defense dice against a trap, he may add (2/3)? to his defense.

Why Does It Always Have To Be Snakes?
Indiana Jones rolls three less defense dice against Vipers.

Comments:

@killercactus: I agree with your changes to why does it have to be snakes. However, if you're going to remove a power, I would remove treasure hunter (Indie often sets off traps, he's just very good at dodging the effects). Indie also needs at least 4 defense to both meet Mac122's requirments (durability) and be a viable figure.

@NecroBlade: Hmmm... I like the idea. It is very thematic, and a tad bit more useful than the standard +4 to Trap rolls

Lamaclown March 21st, 2011 04:41 PM

Great choice, mac! Indy is one of the only heroes I grew up with that is still one of my heroes today and is destined to be a hero for both of my sons.

I am sure it won't make the final cut of abilities, but one of the iconic scenes from the movies is the guy twirling the sword and Indy whips out his gun and shoots him...

Quote:

NOTHING FANCY
When attacking an opponent's figure that is not adjacent and has a normal attack range of 1, add 1 to Indy's attack.
I know, range doesn't need the help against melee. It is just such an iconic scene that even though it is doomed from the start I had to post it for posterity. :)

I'll post more serious thoughts later.

killercactus March 21st, 2011 04:46 PM

I was going to write up my own card, but mk's seems very close to what I would do, so I'm just going to tweak his with my ideas, which are underlined in italics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by machinekng (Post 1369301)
Indiana Jones
Jandar

Human
Unique Hero
Adventurer
???(Tricky, Valiant) Precise
Medium ?

Life 5
Move 5
Range 6
Attack 3
Defense 53

Whip Swing 3
Instead of a normal move, Indiana Jones may use his Whip Swing. Whip Swing has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Indiana Jones's Whip Swing, ignore elevations. Indiana may swing over water without stopping, figures without becoming engaged, and swing over obstacles such as ruins. Indiana Jones may move or down more than 10(?) levels in a single Whip Swing. If Indiana Jones is engaged when he starts to Whip Swing, he does not take leaving engagement attacks.

Whip Snap 9
Before moving an after attacking, Indiana Jones may target a single figure within 2 clear sight spaces. Roll the twenty-sided die. If you roll a 9 or higher, the targeted figure may roll a maxium of one defense against Indiana Jones's normal attack this turn.

Treasure Hunter
When rolling for the trap roll on a treasure glyph for Indiana Jones,you may add 4 to the results of the twenty-sided die roll.

Why Does It Always Have To Be Snakes?
Indiana Jones rolls three two less defense dice against Vipersfigures with the Slither special power.

I think 5 defense is too much for him, and I don't like 4 powers on a card. I would like to have something else for the Whip, though....

Taeblewalker March 21st, 2011 05:00 PM

I'd be happy with using James Murphy's power. The rest looks great! As for the height differential on whip swing, I would suggest 6 levels.

NecroBlade March 21st, 2011 07:07 PM

If I may suggest an alternate "Treasure Hunter" power from one of my own customs:

"Indiana Jones may add 2 to his Move number as long as he ends his movement on a Treasure Glyph. When you roll the 20-sided die for a Treasure Glyph trap with Indiana Jones, you may add 2 to your die roll."

wulfhunter667 March 22nd, 2011 09:42 PM

How about this...
Aw! Just Shoot the Sucker 15
When an enemy figure with a Range of 1 ends its movement within 4 CLS of IJ, roll a 20-sided die. If you roll 15 or higher, IJ may immediately attack that figure with a normal attack.
And a hat-tip to Harrison Ford for one of the best improv fight scenes in history. ;)