Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Taeblewalker October 11th, 2011 11:06 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

THE SILVER KEY
After revealing a numbered order marker on this Army Card, and before taking a turn with Randolph Carter, you may also reveal an "X" order marker on this Army Card to activate The Silver Key. Choose an opponent's Unique Hero within 3 clear sight spaces of Randolph Carter and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an a 14 or higher, place the "X" order marker on the chosen figure's Army Card. At the end of the round, if the chosen figure has not been destroyed, take control of the figure and its Army Card and place Randolph Carter's figure on this Army Card. At the end of the following round, control of the chosen Hero and its Army Card returns to the player who controlled the Hero before The Silver Key. Place Randolph Carter in your start zone. If there are no available spaces in your start zone or if the chosen figure is destroyed while using The Silver Key, destroy Randolph Carter. When moving with The Silver Key, Randolph Carter does not take any leaving engagement attacks.

I like this wording. The more I think about Mindshackle, the more I want to leave it off, so to speak. When Carter changes identities, he is able to shake off the effects.

SirGalahad October 12th, 2011 09:37 AM

Two things:

You have "an a 14" in the 3rd sentence.

In the 7th sentence - "If there are no available spaces in your start zone or if the chosen figure is destroyed while using The Silver Key, destroy Randolph Carter." When is "using The Silver Key?" - when rolling the 20-sided die? when placing the X order marker? while the X order marker is on the opponent's card?

I don't think you intend for RC to place the X on Turn 1, have the chosen figure be destroyed in Turn 3 of the same round and RC is destroyed.

Quote:

THE SILVER KEY
After revealing a numbered order marker on this Army Card, and before taking a turn with Randolph Carter, you may also reveal an "X" order marker on this Army Card to activate The Silver Key. Choose an opponent's Unique Hero within 3 clear sight spaces of Randolph Carter and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, place the "X" order marker on the chosen figure's Army Card. At the end of the round, if the chosen figure has not been destroyed, take control of the figure and its Army Card and place Randolph Carter's figure on this Army Card. At the end of the following round, control of the chosen Hero and its Army Card returns to the player who controlled the Hero before The Silver Key. Place Randolph Carter in your start zone. If there are no available spaces in your start zone or if the chosen figure is destroyed while using The Silver Key Randolph Carter is on this card, destroy Randolph Carter. When moving with The Silver Key, Randolph Carter does not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Taeblewalker October 12th, 2011 10:06 AM

Thanks, SirG! Your special eyes caught those glaring mistakes. ;)

machinekng October 14th, 2011 01:19 PM

Hey guys.

I want to get back into 'scaping again (haven't played the game in months) and I was hoping I could rejoin this project, if you don't mind.

mac122 October 14th, 2011 02:25 PM

Welcome back, machinekng! You're still on the list. We're finishing up Taeblewalker's design for Randolph Carter. Jump in any time.

Taeblewalker October 14th, 2011 02:38 PM

I think we're basically done with Carter. Any other thoughts?

JC McMinis October 14th, 2011 03:36 PM

No additional thoughts on abilities...just think we need an updated card and cost.

machinekng October 14th, 2011 04:17 PM

I don't really have any comments on this one either.

As for cost, I can't really pin it down. The ability is stronger than the Mind Flayer Mastermind's Enslave, but it has a catch, in that the player that controls the hero can take precautions before a turn is taken with the figure.

Mind Flayer Mastermind is about 100, so, somewhere around that price?

Taeblewalker October 14th, 2011 04:19 PM

Cool. I'll get to work on that later or tomorrow. Meanwhile:

mac122

Here's the list of those who seem at all active. Rave, KC, and wulfhunter, let me know if you want back in. Otherwise, Tickle can get started on Smurfette or whomever he has in mind. ;)

Lamaclown
jcmcminis
Taeblewalker
Tcglkn
Machineking

tcglkn October 14th, 2011 04:49 PM

It's my turn? Give me some time to work someone up.

mac122 October 14th, 2011 05:07 PM

Here's Randolph Carter's card with SirG's final edit and a point cost of 100.
http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...CARTER-rev.png
Were there any other changes?

100 seems about right. It can be a very powerful ability, but once you place that X, you've just put a big target on his back. That would seem to balance it out.

JC McMinis October 14th, 2011 08:16 PM

Randolph looks good :thumbsup: