Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Hulk (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=34967)

Griffin February 26th, 2011 11:10 PM

The Book of Hulk

The figure used for this unit is a Heroscape figure from the MARVEL: The Conflict Begins set.
Its model number and name is 2/10 / Incredible Hulk.
Character Bio - Bruce Banner is not an ordinary weakling of a scientist.... he is also brilliant! But even more than that, due to overexposure to gama radiation and his inability to control his anger in a healthy way, when Bruce is angered, his DNA rapidly mutates him into a hulking green creature that calls himself HULK. The limits to Hulk's power cannot be completely measured, as he becomes increasingly powerful the more angry he becomes, often times sending him into a fit of rage that is even a danger to his own friends.... what few he has left. Whether friend or foe, there is one thing everyone can agree on; you wouldn't like him when he's angry.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • As a Gamma Mutate, Hulk has these Gamma Mutate Synergies.
  • As a Bruce Banner figure that is not a Scientist, Hulk may be drafted into an army with Bruce Banner due to his Secret Identity special power and may be switched with Bruce Banner due to his Monster Within and Puny Human special powers. If Hulk is drafted with Bruce Banner and does not start the game on the battlefield, he gains these Off-the-Battlefield Synergies.
Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses
  • As a Gamma Mutate, Hulk has these Gamma Mutate Weaknesses.
  • As a Creature, an opponent's Hellboy rolls 2 additional attack dice when attacking Hulk due to Hellboy's Right Hand of Doom special power.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
Card Updates:
2020 April 29 - Updated C3G Incredible Hulk to just Hulk
3 January 2021 - Super Leap wording update
7 March 2021 - Species changed to Gamma Mutate

Griffin February 26th, 2011 11:11 PM

Re: The Book of Incredible Hulk - Designing

NAME = HULK
SECRET IDENTITY = BRUCE BANNER

SPECIES = GAMMA MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CREATURE
PERSONALITY = ANGRY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 6

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 380

RAGE ENHANCED DNA
At the end of an opponent's turn, place the red Rage Marker on this card if Hulk received two or more wounds that turn. If the Rage Marker is on this card, add one to Hulk's attack and defense for each Wound Marker on this card.

SOOTHE THE BEAST
Before rolling for initiative each round, if Hulk is not adjacent to any enemy figure, remove the Rage Marker from this card.

SUPER LEAP 50
Instead of his normal move, Hulk may move up to 10 spaces with Super Leap. When moving with Super Leap, Hulk has the Flying special power, but may not move up or down more than 50 levels in a single leap. Hulk rolls 3 fewer attack dice on any turn that he chooses to Super Leap.

SUPER STRENGTH

IAmBatman February 26th, 2011 11:22 PM

I like it. :-) I could see his cost going down with playtesting, but that's up to playtesting.
I like this figure for him:

http://pj.b5z.net/i/u/2042237/i/HCMM-062.jpg

Mutations and Monsters #062 Rampaging Hulk

Also, if that figure justifies it (I wouldn't know, don't have him), it'd be cool if we could make him Large.

Griffin February 26th, 2011 11:41 PM

Yep, I picked the art that I did to match that figure in hopes that it would be big enough to be large.

A3n February 27th, 2011 12:56 AM

Apart from the size only being 5, all looks good :up:.

Cheers

SirGalahad February 27th, 2011 09:55 AM

Potential attack of 13, 15 with height and Cap.

I'm going to need a bigger dice tray.

Nice balance with the Calming Marker. Maybe "Zzz"

Spidey'tilIDie February 27th, 2011 03:24 PM

I could see capping it at 12 dice for simplicity purposes (You know, cause most sets come with 12 combat dice [stupid, D&D set for shorting us!]) But other than that, I don't really have any other suggestions. I will just say this, current Hulk is a beast, this one is gonna be ri-donk-u-lous!

IAmBatman February 27th, 2011 03:27 PM

Meh ... I'd hate to see an artificial cap on this one. The life is cap enough. Besides, Hulk if anyone should get a ridiculous uncapped attack. It's part of his charge, and the ability to soothe him will keep it in check, I think. :-)

A3n February 27th, 2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1352513)
Meh ... I'd hate to see an artificial cap on this one. The life is cap enough. Besides, Hulk if anyone should get a ridiculous uncapped attack. It's part of his charge, and the ability to soothe him will keep it in check, I think. :-)

I'm not 100% on that Soothe point though as his defense is increasing as well as his attack, so it's going to be very hard to get 1 wound on him never lone the 2 that it takes to soothe him.

Spidey'tilIDie February 27th, 2011 03:52 PM

No, 2 removes it and allows him to boost again. Once the Marker is on, you need to do something to him for it to be removed.

Bats, I think since he is Mortal, unlike Thor, I could see Life of 7, like Superman and Hopefully Cap Marvel (Earth's Mightiest Mortal), thereby giving us the cap at 12.

Griffin February 27th, 2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie (Post 1352536)
No, 2 removes it and allows him to boost again. Once the Marker is on, you need to do something to him for it to be removed.

Bats, I think since he is Mortal, unlike Thor, I could see Life of 7, like Superman and Hopefully Cap Marvel (Earth's Mightiest Mortal), thereby giving us the cap at 12.

Um... Griff here. :wave:

I like the idea of mirroring the official Hulk's stats, or bumping them up. I definitely don't want to go down. I want us to deliver a more powerful Hulk that is still balanced, kinda like how we showed off with Anti-Monitor and how we can design balance at that high of cost.

A3n, Spidey is right. I think you read StB wrong.

A3n February 27th, 2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1352545)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie (Post 1352536)

Um... Griff here. :wave:

I like the idea of mirroring the official Hulk's stats, or bumping them up. I definitely don't want to go down. I want us to deliver a more powerful Hulk that is still balanced, kinda like how we showed off with Anti-Monitor and how we can design balance at that high of cost.

A3n, Spidey is right. I think you read StB wrong.

Yep I did.

Carry on.