Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Ninja Turtle Dojo (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=60866)

Sheep July 5th, 2022 11:36 PM

The Book of Ninja Turtle Dojo

The Book of Ninja Turtle Dojo Map

A C3G Competitive Map

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...TurtleDojo.png

Download the PDF File
Download the PockeMod File

Required Sets: Swarm of the Marro™ Master Set, Marvel: The Conflict Begins Master Set™, Fortress of the Archkyrie™

MAP Bio - In order to create a seamless ninja fighting team, Master Splinter has devoted many hours to training the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Down in the lair, it’s time for training...and possibly a snack.

GLYPHS USED:DESTRUCTIBLE OBJECTS USED:SETUP:
  • Map Size -
SPECIAL RULES:
  • None

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Sheep July 5th, 2022 11:40 PM

Re: The Book of The Turtle Lair Map

@IAmBatman , here's the design thread. If there's anything I need to add or do, lmk! Thanks!

IAmBatman July 6th, 2022 08:43 AM

I won't be around to walk you through the early stages here, but hopefully the links in my sig and the other folks here can help while I'm on my trip! @Ericth74 has been through the map process most recently and should be able to help.

Make sure to post a link to this in the Welcome to C3G thread and tag all the Heroes so they know it's here (I'll actually tag the Heroes for you in this post):
@Tornado @Lord Pyre @LordVenoc @MrNobody @Arkham @fret_gurglo

I don't have time for many notes, but I do have a few theme quibbles. I'm not sure if jungle works on this map? The Turtle Lair is in the sewer, not a swamp.

tcglkn July 6th, 2022 09:52 AM

Just follow the process here, though no need to do those checklists since they are clearly for figures. Only big difference is that the final build of the map should be built physically at some point just to confirm that it is stable.

Arkham July 6th, 2022 10:21 AM

Agreed with Bats on the thematic front. I’d probably swap the jungle stuff for castle walls or something? And how are we handling the warehouse top part where flyers can land?

fret_gurglo July 6th, 2022 10:31 AM

A turtle lair map also seems like a perfect opportunity to use the manhole covers DO

Shiftrex July 6th, 2022 10:39 AM

Definitely want to see manhole covers as well!

Skinderella July 6th, 2022 10:54 AM

Manhole covers are being used already, they're the yellow dots on the map.

I also agree on maybe castle walls instead of trees and bushes, but I think it could also work with the palm trees and bushes with a slight name change.

Ericth74 July 6th, 2022 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkham (Post 2523386)
Agreed with Bats on the thematic front. I’d probably swap the jungle stuff for castle walls or something? And how are we handling the warehouse top part where flyers can land?

I agree here. The Warehouse Ruins have long been in the discussion as something that can't or shouldn't be used on a competitive map. To me it's the biggest issue on the map.

IAmBatman July 6th, 2022 11:49 AM

Could always do a special rule that you can’t occupy the top of the wall (cuz it’s above ground).

Sheep July 6th, 2022 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2523397)
Could always do a special rule that you can’t occupy the top of the wall (cuz it’s above ground).

I know on Classic HS maps we just note to remove the top from the warehouse. Not sure if that’s an option you all would consider here.

Heck I even agree with the jungle except I originally wanted the theme to be an abandoned Turtle Lair/New York with some overgrowth. If that theme works I could change the name to Abandoned Turtle Lair. If not, we could definitely throw in some castle instead.

Skinderella July 6th, 2022 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 (Post 2523398)
I know on Classic HS maps we just note to remove the top from the warehouse. Not sure if that’s an option you all would consider here.

Heck I even agree with the jungle except I originally wanted the theme to be an abandoned Turtle Lair/New York with some overgrowth. If that theme works I could change the name to Abandoned Turtle Lair. If not, we could definitely throw in some castle instead.

If I remember right, there was issues with it due to tabletop sim. There's currently not a version of the warehouse ruin without the platform. A special rule would fix that easy. There are a couple of maps that don't allow flying over castle walls already, that could be a solution here.

Would be worth seeing what it looks like with castle walls instead of trees and bushes. Those sounds like cool potential themes to work with! I'd be down for either.