Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Confred July 30th, 2016 01:06 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

unofficial mockup
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...4_original.jpg

McHotcakes July 30th, 2016 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2103955)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry allen (Post 2103917)
I meant right there. That pretty much allows her to fly and I don't recall her being able to fly. Maybe some really good acrobatic skills, but she wasn't ever able to just go over a building as she was moving. I have played the game once or twice now that I think about it. So summed up, being that she is a human and such she she shouldn't be able to do that unless it was;

Parkour Movement
When faith connors is moving, she may ignore elevations. If Faith Connors ignores 8 levels or higher she must end her movement. Faith connors may still use Leap...

Her absolute maximum unmodified climb would be 16 (17) levels. That's less than a grappling hook. Yeah it's impressive, but it's not really all that, and I don't think it's terribly unrealistic. Watch some parkour. Those guys and gals go up and down the sides of buildings easily triple the speed you or I would be able to. Even in RL, 17 isn't far fetched.

I'm inclined to agree with Barry, at least about using stealth leap. Stealth leap implies that Faith can jump over three times her height in a single jump. Faith, despite all of her skill, is still a normal person. Jumping like Stealth Leap is too unrealistic and unfitting of her character. She should be more grounded, both literally and figuratively. She should be able to climb with ease but never feel like she can fly.

Confred July 31st, 2016 09:31 PM

What if the leap was only 5 levels?

or 7 levels. 7+5 = 12 = amount needed to parkour up a ruin.

JC McMinis August 1st, 2016 06:43 AM

Sorry guys my internet has been kind of messed up the past few days. Here is a thought. It is much shorter and would leave room for Disarming Counter Attack if we wanted to.

Parkour Movement
When moving Faith, she may ignore height limits may and move through all figures without becoming engaged. Once during Faith's move she may climb over a obstacle such as a ruin or change elevation up to 12 levels as if it were 1 space of movement

Confred August 1st, 2016 09:22 AM

Disengage replaced counter attack, I was thinking.

JC McMinis August 1st, 2016 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2104204)
Disengage replaced counter attack, I was thinking.

OK that is fair. What do you think of the wording though

Confred August 1st, 2016 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2104295)
OK that is fair. What do you think of the wording though

Honestly, jumping from building to building is high up there for me and your version lacks it. It was work getting to that version and I think it is unique enough to be interesting.
But I wanted to be a team player, so I laid low waiting for others to chime in until you asked :D

JC McMinis August 2nd, 2016 05:03 AM

Valid point. I understand all the work put in. I also understand the leaping ability you want. I also understand the others concerns that they do not want her to "appear" to be flying. I had a long think on this while at work and came up with a combo of what you posted above and some of the earlier suggestions.
Parlour movement.
When moving faith, she may ignore height limits and move through figures without becoming engaged. When Faith moves up in elevation, every 3 levels count as one. At any point during or after moving normally , faith may leap. (Insert leap info here). After leaping faith may continue moving.

I did this on my phone that's why no full type. I think limiting the leap height to 5 is a good idea. This way she can still leap from building to building and climb over a ruin.

Confred August 2nd, 2016 10:17 AM

What is the height of a ruin? I was thinking 12

Your version is essentially an upgraded version of mine. It also includes a subtle error, but there's no need yet to go into that.

I propose keep the original version, but nerf the leap portion down from 15 to 7. The leap will cover any climbing bonuses. 7 is closer to Olympic than super.

Confred August 3rd, 2016 02:42 PM

PARKOUR MOVEMENT (II)
When moving, Faith is never attacked with leaving engagement attacks. She ignores height limits, may move through all figures, and may climb obstacles such as ruins. At any point before, during, or after moving normally, Faith may Leap. Leap has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Leap, ignore elevations. Faith may leap over water without stopping, leap over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles. Faith may not leap more than 7 levels up or down in a single leap. After leaping, Faith may continue moving.

Cavalier August 3rd, 2016 03:32 PM

That still doesn't allow her to jump across gaps of very high elevations/buildings, which seems key to her movement in the video game.

Confred August 3rd, 2016 08:15 PM

She may jump from similar height buildings.
Could make Leap have move of 4 instead of three though