Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Laserbeak (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55741)

Yodaking April 16th, 2019 03:30 PM

The Book of Laserbeak

The Book of Laserbeak

C3G IDW WAVE 29
CHRISTMAS IN JULY

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...beak_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...rbeak_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Hasbro figure from the War for Cybertron: Siege set.
Its Wave, Product, & Figure name are Micromaster Wave 2
/ Soundwave Spy Patrol / Laserbeak.

The figure used for this unit is a TAKARA TOMY figure from the Transformers Siege set.
Its Wave, Product, & Figure name are Wave 3
/ Laserbeak.

Character Bio - Laserbeak is not usually found on the front lines of battle. His chosen role is that of the spy, lurking in unseen corners and inconspicuous perches, snatching up any useful information he can to relay to his superiors. He has also been known to serve as an interrogator, using his lasers to carve up helpless prisoners to extract anything and everything they know. On occasion he's even played the role of assassin, striking quickly at unsuspecting (and particularly vulnerable) targets, and vanishing in a flash in the chaos following the attack. (tfwiki.net)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Laserbeak is a single-based figure.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • As a Cybertronian, Laserbeak has these Cybertronian Synergies.
  • As a figure with the Cassette Storage special power, Laserbeak may be placed on the battlefield and activated by Soundwave's Eject! and Relay Orders special powers.
Outgoing Synergy:
  • Laserbeak's Cassette Storage special power allows him to start the game on the Army Card of a figure with the Eject! special power. Those figures include: Soundwave and Sir Soundwave.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • As a figure with the Flying special power, Laserbeak interacts differently with these special powers.
  • Laserbeak cannot use his Aerial Advantage special power to gain height advantage on flying figures.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Yodaking April 16th, 2019 03:31 PM

Re: The Book of Laserbeak

NAME = LASERBEAK

SPECIES = CYBERTRONIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SPY
PERSONALITY = LOYAL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 3

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 140

CASSETTE STORAGE
At the start of the game, instead of placing Laserbeak in your Start Zone, you may place him on the Army Card of a figure you control with the Eject! special power.

OBSERVE AND ELIMINATE
Once per round, instead of attacking with Laserbeak, you may choose one figure Laserbeak passed over this turn. View all unrevealed Order Markers on the chosen figure's card and then roll one unblockable attack die against that figure for each numbered Order Marker you viewed.

AERIAL ADVANTAGE
While Laserbeak can use his Flying special power, he is always considered to have height advantage on non-flying figures.

FLYING

Yodaking April 16th, 2019 03:52 PM

Not much discussion on the Recon & Attack idea, but I've come to favor that over my first Reigning Fire reuse idea. I like the gamble to giving up your attack without knowing how many attack die you get to roll if any, combined with the risk calculation made by waiting till later in the round to activate him. The longer you wait, the better the odds of finding the 3, but also the more time your opponent has to shoot him out of the sky first (once he has ejected of course). It is also limited to only working on figures with OMs on their cards so you can protect a figure from Laserbeak by not initially giving him any OM's and then bonding with him or moving an OM to his card later in the round. Since Laserbeak doesn't have stealth flying, you can lock him down to force a LEA if he wants to fly above your figures. So it really should be an early game strike, which seems fitting for this character.

One unresolved issue we need to decide on is if he'll be a single base or double base figure. Anyone have any other personality ideas other than Loyal?

Karat April 16th, 2019 04:22 PM

Cassette Storage references Ravage not Laserbeak. I really like the gamble of Recon & Attack!

Yodaking April 16th, 2019 04:24 PM

Ah, yeah I think I can update that part without waiting 24 hours.

Ronin April 16th, 2019 06:55 PM

Man, that three unblockables sounds scary. He's not doing anything else real strong, so I guess it makes sense that his high-end outcome is a little scary.

On the first turn he ejects, he has a pretty huge threat range: Soundwave can move up 5 spaces, place Laserbeak forward 2, and then Laserbeak gets to move 7. So he can essentially pass over anyone within 13 spaces of Soundwave on the turn he ejects. So I don't think there's actually a huge pressure to open him up to risk by ejecting and then going for the Recon and Attack later. I think you're more apt to keep him safe on the card and then Eject him when you're ready to go for that 3.

So I think you get one 'safe' use of Recon and Attack each game, assuming you're drafting him with Soundwave. After that, you could play it by ear.

I like the dynamic, I just think it might be a little easy to get those unblockables right now. Even just capping Recon and Attack to a once per round thing would be nice. Feels more in the spirit of the thing.

Yodaking April 16th, 2019 07:00 PM

Yeah, when drafted with Soundwarp that first strike capability is how I was seeing it too. After that though he can't go back and hide with Soundwarp so the thread he poses should go down hill from there. The once per round idea is a good one, dumping all 3 OM's on his card would increase the odds of dealing auto-wounds a bunch if he can use it all 3 times.

johnny139 April 16th, 2019 07:23 PM

Yeah, I agree that 3 unblockables might be a bit much, even if it is unreliable. In theory I'm fine with it, but something to consider during testing.

IAmBatman April 16th, 2019 10:46 PM

I'd make it once per round or do it as a special attack that adds the number to its attack.

Yodaking April 16th, 2019 10:55 PM

It doesn't seem as though anyone cares much about the double space or single space issue. I'm thinking I'll go with single space then to make him a little more nimble and not as easy to engage and lock down as he would be if he were double based.

IAmBatman April 16th, 2019 11:02 PM

Single space is easier on the end user, so I prefer it as a default.

Karat April 16th, 2019 11:04 PM

For me, it's more whichever he fits better on.