Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Hol Hall (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=38006)

Griffin May 7th, 2012 04:09 AM

Re: The Book of Hol Hall - Design phase

Yeppers

quozl May 7th, 2012 09:04 AM

Yea!

davidlhsl May 7th, 2012 07:40 PM

I've completed the build from the pdf! :D

The number of ladders in the pdf is short 1 ladder in each of the 6 ladder positions (Level 15 should be 6 for all three, Level 16 should be 5, and Level 27 should be 6 for both). I confirmed with the pictures I took when I first built the map. If possible, I would prefer the rightmost ladder position on Level 15 to be posted on Level 16 where the ladder appears with the map section where it's anchored.

I haven't taken any pictures since I've already posted some, but I'll be glad to take some if anyone wants them. Edit: Here's the battle I played previously on this map, and you'll see plenty of pictures taken.

As with any multi-level map, you have to take care in assembling it, but this map is very stable upon construction.

This is the Sistine Chapel of Heroscape maps, and I strongly invite any of you who have the materials to construct this and see it for yourself in person. It's stunning! It's also fun to play on, and I will leave this set up for a future battle in my Battle Bites tourney.

A3n May 7th, 2012 08:49 PM

Thanx Davidlhsl :up: I will make those changes tonight.

johnny139 May 7th, 2012 08:55 PM

How is access to the lower levels of the castle? It doesn't look bad, but some areas seem a bit tight. (Not really concerned - my hands are small and delicate! - just curious.)

Griffin May 7th, 2012 09:01 PM

Here is my concern: are there any rooms inside that do not have access or entries to the outside of the map without having a figure "fly off of the map" (which isn't allowed btw)?

davidlhsl May 7th, 2012 09:05 PM

I'll snap some pics and be back...

A3n May 7th, 2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 1604434)
How is access to the lower levels of the castle? It doesn't look bad, but some areas seem a bit tight. (Not really concerned - my hands are small and delicate! - just curious.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidlhsl (Post 1510174)
I've begun the battle on Hol Hall, and I'm having a great time!

My concern about reaching inside the lower level was based on the thought that the overhang would require you to reach in the front at a shallower angle. My setup against the wall does mean I have a tighter squeeze to reach inside any structure that requires 360 degree access, but I am able to reach the figures inside. I was even able to reach above the heads of Vixen and Black Adam to move the White Martians inside, so that's nice. The rear access isn't any problem other than my setup against the wall, but I can take better pictures of the battle with the map facing the way I have it set up.

There's fighting on all three levels, and the inside of the second level is getting action thanks to Capt. Marvel's blitz on the quarterback (Hawkman). Aquaman was able to take advantage of the water. The ruins and the 3-hex rock outcrop provide excellent approach cover.

I really love this map! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1604437)
Here is my concern: are there any rooms inside that do not have access or entries to the outside of the map without having a figure "fly off of the map" (which isn't allowed btw)?

No. It was designed with that in mind. :up:

davidlhsl May 7th, 2012 09:32 PM

Here are some pics:

davidlhsl May 7th, 2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

The only area in the interior that would be shut off from the outside is if you place a fortress door on Level 5. That's because there's no Doorway Space #4 (see Fortress rulebook, page 4) to open/close the door. Otherwise, all interior spaces are accessible to/from the outside.

Griffin May 7th, 2012 11:43 PM

Then let's be sure a door is not placed on Level 5. Thanks. :)

A3n May 8th, 2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidlhsl (Post 1604455)
Quote:

The only area in the interior that would be shut off from the outside is if you place a fortress door on Level 5. That's because there's no Doorway Space #4 (see Fortress rulebook, page 4) to open/close the door. Otherwise, all interior spaces are accessible to/from the outside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1604490)
Then let's be sure a door is not placed on Level 5. Thanks. :)

That's only if you start figures on that side of the door. The intention is that there would be scenarios where something was behind that door so you would have to destroy the door to get to it (Fortress doors are still DOs).

Updates made to the PDF.

David you haven't voted for final editing yet.

Cheers