Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Lamaclown August 27th, 2011 04:49 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1468831)
BEAR HUG
If this Bear is engaged with only 1 opponent's Small or Medium figure, that figure may not move. A figure affected by Bear Hug may not be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph. Figures affected by Bear Hug subtract 1 die from their Attack and Defense.

Sort of Cyberclaw light. If the Bear can concentrate on only one opponent, it can hold it there and that figure is less effective.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1468878)
How about this for the Bear. Sort of how a bear stands up on its back legs.

Rearing Up (???)
When this bear attacks or is attacked by an adjacent small or medium figure that occupies a space on the same height as this bear, this bear is considered to have height advantage.

I really like both of these and would love to see both of them used.

Its like the Gladiatrons having MELEE DEFENSE which compliments CYBERCLAW. REARING UP (?) would nicely compliment BEAR HUG.

I am good with all the others.

NecroBlade August 27th, 2011 08:11 PM

Just a quick comment after browsing the display thread...the Monty Python Rabbit's height is only 1. He won't be able to climb up any elevations or down any without worrying about falling damage. For those reasons, height should probably never go below 2.

Rav August 28th, 2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1469272)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1468831)
BEAR HUG
If this Bear is engaged with only 1 opponent's Small or Medium figure, that figure may not move. A figure affected by Bear Hug may not be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph. Figures affected by Bear Hug subtract 1 die from their Attack and Defense.

Sort of Cyberclaw light. If the Bear can concentrate on only one opponent, it can hold it there and that figure is less effective.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1468878)
How about this for the Bear. Sort of how a bear stands up on its back legs.

Rearing Up (???)
When this bear attacks or is attacked by an adjacent small or medium figure that occupies a space on the same height as this bear, this bear is considered to have height advantage.

I really like both of these and would love to see both of them used.

Its like the Gladiatrons having MELEE DEFENSE which compliments CYBERCLAW. REARING UP (?) would nicely compliment BEAR HUG.

I am good with all the others.

OK. I read through the animal card designs and I like them. I agree with these suggestions on the Bear.... we don't want the bear to be too much like the Lion and Tiger, these two abilities kind of sets him apart.

JC McMinis August 28th, 2011 01:57 PM

I was glancing at the various D&D minis, I think the best one for our bear is the Celestial Black Bear from the Abberations set.

Taeblewalker August 28th, 2011 02:19 PM

I like the powers. The Bear Hug obviates the need to mark a figure as the one being grabbed. Thematically, it also represents that the bear only grabs a figure when it is not distracted my multiple enemies.
Since I have several of the Celestial Black Bear, that works very well for me. ;)

JC McMinis August 28th, 2011 04:48 PM

So this is what we are lookin at on the bear

Bear
Ullar

Ursine
Uncommon Hero
Animal
Wild
Large 6

Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

BEAR HUG
Start the game with one bear hug marker on this army card.If this Bear is engaged with only 1 opponent's Small or Medium figure, place a bear hug marker on that figure's army card. That figure may not move. A figure affected by Bear Hug may not be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph. Figures affected by Bear Hug subtract 1 die from their Attack and Defense. If this bear becomes engaged with more than one figure, place the bear hug marker back on this army card.

Rearing Up
When this bear attacks or is attacked by an adjacent small or medium figure that occupies a space on the same height as this bear, this bear is conidered to haceheight advantage. This bear cannot use rearing up if it does not have a bear hug marker on this card.

Lamaclown August 29th, 2011 11:33 AM

As far as needing a marker for Bear Hug, I am not sure it is necessary.

Since the power is working only when the bear is engaged with only one figure, it will be obvious that is the affected figure. Once the bear is engaged by a second figure, the power no longer works which means no figure can be bear hugged so identifying the afffected figure is moot.

So...
one fig=bear hug- easy identifying affected figure
two or more figs= no bear hug- no need for identifying affected figure

My suggested revision...
Quote:

BEAR HUG
Start the game with one bear hug marker on this army card.If this Bear is engaged with only 1 opponent's Small or Medium figure, and that figure is Small or Medium place a bear hug marker on that figure's army card. that figure may not move. A figure affected by Bear Hug may not be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph. Figures affected by Bear Hug subtract 1 die from their Attack and Defense. If this bear becomes engaged with more than one figure, place the bear hug marker back on this army card.

REARING UP
When this bear attacks or is attacked by an adjacent small or medium figure that occupies a space on the same height as this bear, this bear is conidered to have height advantage. This bear cannot use Rearing Up if it does not have a bear hug marker on this card is engaged with only 1 opponent's figure, and that figure is Small or Medium.

mac122 August 29th, 2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NecroBlade (Post 1469673)
Just a quick comment after browsing the display thread...the Monty Python Rabbit's height is only 1. He won't be able to climb up any elevations or down any without worrying about falling damage. For those reasons, height should probably never go below 2.

IIRC, we weren't too worried about mobility for the Rabbit, but Necro makes a good point. Shouldn't it be able to at least climb up 1 level?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1470762)
As far as needing a marker for Bear Hug, I am not sure it is necessary.

Since the power is working only when the bear is engaged with only one figure, it will be obvious that is the affected figure. Once the bear is engaged by a second figure, the power no longer works which means no figure can be bear hugged so identifying the afffected figure is moot.

So...
one fig=bear hug- easy identifying affected figure
two or more figs= no bear hug- no need for identifying affected figure

I'd really like to stay away from markers if at all possible. I think LC's on the right track. The two special powers are mutually exclusive. Since Height advantage would add 1 to the Bear's attack and defense, why not just write it that way:

Quote:

BEAR HUG
If this Bear is engaged with only 1 opponent's figure, and that figure is Small or Medium, that figure may not move. A figure affected by Bear Hug may not be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph. Figures affected by Bear Hug subtract 1 die from their Attack and Defense.

REARING UP
This Bear adds 1 die to its attack and defense against adjacent, same level Small or Medium figures. This bear cannot use Rearing Up if it can use Bear Hug this turn.

JC McMinis August 29th, 2011 01:08 PM

I think that looks good, I was kinda tired and not thinking straight when I did the marker thing.

mac122 August 29th, 2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1470812)
I think that looks good, I was kinda tired and not thinking straight when I did the marker thing.

No worries. If it was an ability with a lasting effect or we were allowing the Bear to choose 1 figure from multiple adjacent opponent's, then a marker would absolutely make sense.

JC McMinis August 29th, 2011 02:07 PM

I think that the designs for the wolves, mountain lion and bear are good as is now, just have to do is figure out point values for them. I like the wolves at 50-60 point range, and the bear and lion in the 75-100 point range. What do you guys think?

mac122 August 29th, 2011 02:38 PM

The Bear is Major X17-Lite. 80-90 points.

The Mountain Lion 70-80.

The Wolves 60.

What about the Tiger? Since we changed the Bear so it was not so similar, is the Tiger OK as is?
Quote:

Tiger
Ullar
Tiger
Uncommon Hero
Animal
Ferocious
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3

FELINE AGILITY
When thisTiger rolls defense dice against an attack from a figure that is adjacent, 1 shield will block all damage.

LETHAL JAWS
When rolling attack dice against a small or medium figure, if this Tiger rolls all skulls, the defending figure cannot roll any defense dice and is
immediately destroyed.
I don't see the Tiger as agile as a Mountain Lion so I could see dropping the Feline Agility in favor of a boost to defense against adjacent opponents - extra defense die or auto-shield.