Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Taeblewalker July 29th, 2013 11:30 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Glad to see this is moving along! I built Quasatch Playground for an upcoming tournament. I'll use it to playtest Neo.

mac122 August 1st, 2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1850068)
I like the middle one where what the glyph does and what the power does are separate.

Could you do that for the other two?

Yes. Yes I can.
http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...F.png~original

I'll update the previously created glyphs to match this format as well.

Balantai August 1st, 2013 02:38 PM

I like that a lot.

Balantai August 1st, 2013 02:39 PM

Taeble,

Go ahead and post The Blob in the traditional HoF first post fashion.

Taeblewalker August 1st, 2013 10:36 PM

BLOB
Valkryll

Ooze
Common Hero
Devourer
Mindless
Small 2

Life 1
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 3

VILE GROWTH
When this Blob destroys a figure with its normal attack, you may destroy it and place a medium Blob on the space it previously occupied.

COLD WEAKNESS
This figure cannot end its move adjacent to a Glacial Mountain or on a snow or ice space.

BLOB
Valkryll

Ooze
Common Hero
Devourer
Mindless
Medium 4

Life 1
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 6

NASCENT THREAT
This Blob does not start the game on the battlefield.

VILE GROWTH
When this Blob destroys a figure, you may destroy it and place a large Blob on the space it previously occupied.

ENGULF 15
If this Blob wounds a small adjacent figure with its normal attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, destroy the defending figure.

COLD WEAKNESS
This figure cannot end its move adjacent to a Glacial Mountain or on a snow or ice space.

BLOB
Valkryll

Ooze
Common Hero
Devourer
Mindless
Large 4

Life 1
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 7

NASCENT THREAT

PSEUDOPODS
You may add one to this Blob's range if the defending figure's base is no more than 3 higher or lower than this Blob's base.

ENGULF 15
If this Blob wounds an adjacent small or medium figure with its normal attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, destroy the defending figure.

COLD WEAKNESS

McHotcakes August 2nd, 2013 12:49 AM

I don't know how I feel about the blob being able to bond with other devourers. The blob was just a mindless eating machine if I remember correctly. It being able to bond with other non-blobs seems a little off imo.

For Cold Weakness I might copy Water Weakness from the Obsidian Guards.

Cold Weakness
When Blob is adjacent to a Glacial Mountain or is on an ice or snow space, it rolls 2 fewer defense dice.

SirGalahad August 2nd, 2013 01:08 AM

In order for you to replace a figure on the battlefield with another, it would have to either be in your army or have already been destroyed. The power text would need to include something a) granting permission to have Blobs of different sizes in your army; b) stating that the medium and large ones do not start on the battlefield; c) specifying that the replacing Blob is in your army and has not been previously been destroyed.

Taeblewalker August 2nd, 2013 07:20 AM

I changed things up a bit. I included wording to keep the larger blobs off the board until later. I left Cold Weakness as is, since no blob would willingly stay on such a space. I don't think that any attack would happen to them while moving. I also took out the devourer bonding.

BLOB
Valkryll

Ooze
Common Hero
Devourer
Mindless
Small 2

Life 1
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 3

VILE GROWTH
When this Blob destroys a figure with its normal attack, you may destroy it and place a medium Blob on the space it previously occupied.

COLD WEAKNESS

BLOB
Valkryll

Ooze
Common Hero
Devourer
Mindless
Medium 4

Life 1
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 6

NASCENT THREAT

VILE GROWTH
When this Blob destroys a figure, you may destroy it and place a large Blob on the space it previously occupied.

ENGULF 15
If this Blob wounds a small adjacent figure with its normal attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, destroy the defending figure.

COLD WEAKNESS

BLOB
Valkryll

Ooze
Common Hero
Devourer
Mindless
Large 4

Life 1
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 7

NASCENT THREAT

PSEUDOPODS
You may add one to this Blob's range if the defending figure's base is no more than 3 higher or lower than this Blob's base.

ENGULF 15
If this Blob wounds an adjacent small or medium figure with its normal attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, destroy the defending figure.

COLD WEAKNESS

William099 August 2nd, 2013 12:55 PM

That's a really cool mechanic with the changing size blobs! I like it a lot.

mac122 August 2nd, 2013 01:06 PM

Shouldn't this be a Unique Hero? It's "The" Blob, right? If it's a mechanics thing with Vile Growth, then you should be restricted to controlling one Blob on the battlefield at any time.

Based on my recollection of the orginal movie (never saw the remake), I think Cold Weakness should prevent movement across snow and ice not just ending movement there. IIRC, The Blob wouldn't even try to get the people hiding in the freezer. You could drop the adjacent to a Glacial Mountain part.

Taeblewalker August 2nd, 2013 06:24 PM

COLD WEAKNESS
The Blob may not move onto a snow or ice space or adjacent to a Glacial Mountain. If The Blob is attacked with a normal attack by an adjacent attacking figure on a snow space, roll two less defense dice.

I think the glacier is important, as it's cold. As for the latter part of the power, it gives an enemy the ability to use a "fire extinguisher."

As for unique vs. common, I was originally going for a larger blob that splits into smaller ones. Perhaps I can just have the small one have a chance of coming back when the large one is destroyed.

Here goes!

NASCENT THREAT
Valkryll

http://media.trollandtoad.com/produc...es/1013459.jpg
Ravenous Ooze

Ooze
Unique Hero
Devourer
Mindless
Small 2

Life 1
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 3

VILE GROWTH
When Nascent Threat destroys a figure with its normal attack, you may destroy it and place the medium The Blob on the space it previously occupied.

COLD WEAKNESS
The Blob may not move onto a snow or ice space or adjacent to a Glacial Mountain. If The Blob is attacked with a normal attack by an adjacent attacking figure on a snow space, roll two less defense dice.

GROWING TERROR
Valkryll

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/intheworks_atg4.jpg
Ochre Jelly

Ooze
Unique Hero
Devourer
Mindless
Medium 4

Life 1
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 6

NASCENT THREAT

VILE GROWTH
When this Growing Terror destroys a figure, you may destroy it and place The Blob on the space it previously occupied.

ENGULF 15
If Growing Terror wounds a small adjacent figure with its normal attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, destroy the defending figure.

COLD WEAKNESS

THE BLOB
Valkryll

Put two Gibbering Mouthers together? I painted two red, and it sort of works.

Ooze
Unique Hero
Devourer
Mindless
Large 4

Life 1
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 7

THE RETURN?
The Blob does not start the game on the battlefield. If The Blob is destroyed, each time you take a turn you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, you may place Nascent Threat in your start zone.

ENGULF 15
You may add one to The Blob's range if the defending figure's base is no more than 3 higher or lower than The Blob's base. If The Blob wounds an adjacent small or medium figure with its normal attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, destroy the defending figure.

COLD WEAKNESS

Balantai August 2nd, 2013 06:43 PM

Just throwing an idea out there:

What if Blob started as a single figure, but you started the game with additional figures on your card. At the end of each round and whenever The Blob destroys a figure, you place another blob on the battlefield. Something like:

Ooze
Unique Hero
Devourer
Mindless
Large 2

Life 1
Move 0
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 7

THE BLOB
Start the game with an additional 'X' Blob figures on this card. At the end of each round place 2 Blob figures from this card onto the battlefield. You must place these Blob figures adjacent to another Blob figure you control. Whenever The Blob destroys a figure, replace that figure with a Blob figure from this card. All Blob figures on the battlefield are considered to be the same Unique Hero. If a Blob figure you control is destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 5 or lower, destroy all Blob figures you control.

SLOW MOVING
Instead of moving normally with The Blob, you may move each Blob figure on the battlefield one space up to 3 levels higher or lower. After moving all Blob figures, every Blob figure must be adjacent to another Blob figure. Blob figures cannot be moved by any other means.

COLD WEAKNESS