Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

MegaSilver April 8th, 2013 01:03 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1795936)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MegaSilver (Post 1795933)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1795921)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MegaSilver (Post 1795920)
Ahh, I actually have a similar issue that came up on a custom superhero I created. Here was my solution:

(Unit Name) may attack any or all figures adjacent to him, or may attack one figure one additional time. Roll attack dice separately.

Unfortunately, with the new mechanic we've introduced, we cannot combine them into one power. They need to remain separate.

:?

You could rename Whirlwind Assault and mention on the end that you can't use Double Attack if you use it. That would be better.

That might be the best solution. :up: Any other thoughts out there?

Yeah it's name has been changed before so it should work.

McHotcakes April 8th, 2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ahh, I actually have a similar issue that came up on a custom superhero I created. Here was my solution:

(Unit Name) may attack any or all figures adjacent to him, or may attack one figure one additional time. Roll attack dice separately.

Unfortunately, with the new mechanic we've introduced, we cannot combine them into one power. They need to remain separate.

You could rename Whirlwind Assault and mention on the end that you can't use Double Attack if you use it. That would be better.

We already made a Power Glyph for Whirlwind assault though. So wouldn't we have to rename and reword Double Attack instead?

Another solution might be to simply add a power somewhere on Neo's card that says he can only use one downloaded ability per attack phase. :reapershrug:

Balantai April 8th, 2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 1795957)
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

We already made a Power Glyph for Whirlwind assault though. So wouldn't we have to rename and reword Double Attack instead?

Another solution might be to simply add a power somewhere on Neo's card that says he can only use one downloaded ability per attack phase. :reapershrug:

It would also need to go on Thomas Hunter's card. Once we add the Power Glyph, Thomas will have access to both, also.

mac122 April 8th, 2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1795960)
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It would also need to go on Thomas Hunter's card. Once we add the Power Glyph, Thomas will have access to both, also.

We were discussing the addition of Double Attack to Neo's card, not making it a power glyph, which started the discussion about whether Double Attack would allow him to use WA twice. In this scenario, the caveat about only using 1 power glyph per attack phase would not come into play.

McHotcakes April 8th, 2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1795965)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1795960)
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

We were discussing the addition of Double Attack to Neo's card, not making it a power glyph, which started the discussion about whether Double Attack would allow him to use WA twice. In this scenario, the caveat about only using 1 power glyph per attack phase would not come into play.

Alright then. But we would still have to change the wording on Double Attack if we put it on Neo's card. Just to clarify how exactly it would mix with Whirlwind Assault or any other downloaded ability that could contradict or change how Neo attacks.

Balantai April 8th, 2013 02:00 PM

LOTS OF GUNS
When Neo attacks with his normal attack, he may attack one additional time. When Neo uses Lots Of Guns, he may not use any Power Glyph on his card that would allow him to attack more than two times this turn.

mac122 April 8th, 2013 02:12 PM

With LOTS OF GUNS
Quote:

Neo
Aquilla or Einar

Human
Unique Hero
Champion
Bold
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 6
Range 7
Attack 3
Defense 4
Points ???

INFORMATION DOWNLOAD
Begin the game with up to 6 Power Glyphs. At the start of the game, before placing Order Markers, choose 1 Power Glyph and place it on this card. Once per game, after revealing a numbered Order Marker on this card, if Neo is unengaged, you may also reveal the "X" Order Marker on this card to place 1 additional Power Glyph on this card.

LOTS OF GUNS
When Neo attacks with his normal attack, he may attack one additional time. When Neo uses Lots Of Guns, he may not use any Power Glyph on his card that would allow him to attack more than two times this turn.

MANIPULATE THE MATRIX
When Neo rolls defense dice against an attacking figure who is not adjacent, one shield will block all damage. When Neo rolls defense dice against an adjacent attacking figure, if he rolls at least one shield, the most wounds he may take for this attack is one.

Additional Power Glyph possibilities:
Phantom Walk
Ninjutsu Barrage Special Attack
Freerunner (from the Ezio Auditore design)
-already have Whirlwind Assault to use as Kung Fu

Dysole April 8th, 2013 02:13 PM

Just Noticed...

So did we want Neo to bond with Knights?

~Dysole, trying to figure out how that would affect his point cost

Balantai April 8th, 2013 02:14 PM

I like it, Mac. I like it a lot. He looks really fun to play. Are we ready for cost?

mac122 April 8th, 2013 02:24 PM

Re: Just Noticed...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1795983)
I like it, Mac. I like it a lot. He looks really fun to play. Are we ready for cost?

After we address Dysole's question, I think so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 1795982)

Champion seems to fit Neo - though I'm not sure he would have thought of himself that way. Though in thinking about it, Human Champion Bonding would help squads (including the MacDirks, too) and that doesn't seem to fit Neo's theme as well. What else would be a good Class? Leader? Fighter? Protector?

Balantai April 8th, 2013 02:29 PM

Re: Just Noticed...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1795993)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1795983)

After we address Dysole's question, I think so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 1795982)

Champion seems to fit Neo - though I'm not sure he would have thought of himself that way. Though in thinking about it, Human Champion Bonding would help squads (including the MacDirks, too) and that doesn't seem to fit Neo's theme as well. What else would be a good Class? Leader? Fighter? Protector?

The One
Hacker
Anomoly

mac122 April 8th, 2013 02:34 PM

Since we're doing Neo while within the Matrix, wouldn't he be a Program?