Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Balantai April 8th, 2013 11:46 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1795878)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1792006)
Neo would be able to attack all figures adjacent to him twice. I kinda like it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1795875)
I think I'd rather word Double Attack in a way that makes it clear that it doesn't stack with Whirlwind Assault.

I thought you were for it? :confused:

I do like it, but I don't like that it's not clear and open to interpretation. Instead of morphing Double Attack into something that is no longer Double Attack, I'd rather just add some additional language. It just feels cleaner that way. Does that make sense?

mac122 April 8th, 2013 12:04 PM

I'm fine with that. What is your suggestion?

Balantai April 8th, 2013 12:08 PM

Double Attack
When this figure attacks with his normal attack, he may attack with his normal attack 1 additional time. When using Double Attack, you may not attack more than 2 times in the same turn.

How does this look?

MegaSilver April 8th, 2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1795893)
Double Attack
When this figure attacks with his normal attack, he may attack with his normal attack 1 additional time. When using Double Attack, you may not attack more than 2 times in the same turn.

How does this look?

That is a big enough difference to call it a new power, much like Evar Scarcarver's Double Assault.

Balantai April 8th, 2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MegaSilver (Post 1795896)
Quote:

Double Attack

How does this look?

That is a big enough difference to call it a new power, much like Evar Scarcarver's Double Assault.

I respectfully disagree. :D

Evar's ability only affects adjacent figures which is a significant change in Double Attack. My above wording does not change Double Attack in any way, but instead just further defines what already happens.

MegaSilver April 8th, 2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1795898)
Quote:

Quote:

Double Attack

How does this look?

Evar's ability only affects adjacent figures which is a significant change in Double Attack. My above wording does not change Double Attack in any way, but instead just further defines what already happens.

Then there is no need to change the wording.

Balantai April 8th, 2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MegaSilver (Post 1795899)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1795898)
Quote:

Quote:

Double Attack

How does this look?

Then there is no need to change the wording.

Do you know why we're trying to change it, Mega? :?

We have an issue where Double Attack and Whirlwind Assault could show up on the same card so we're trying to reword Double Attack so that it's clear what you can do on your turn.

MegaSilver April 8th, 2013 12:43 PM

Ahh, I actually have a similar issue that came up on a custom superhero I created. Here was my solution:

(Unit Name) may attack any or all figures adjacent to him, or may attack one figure one additional time. Roll attack dice separately.

Balantai April 8th, 2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MegaSilver (Post 1795920)
Ahh, I actually have a similar issue that came up on a custom superhero I created. Here was my solution:

(Unit Name) may attack any or all figures adjacent to him, or may attack one figure one additional time. Roll attack dice separately.

Unfortunately, with the new mechanic we've introduced, we cannot combine them into one power. They need to remain separate.

MegaSilver April 8th, 2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1795921)
Quote:

Unfortunately, with the new mechanic we've introduced, we cannot combine them into one power. They need to remain separate.

:?

You could rename Whirlwind Assault and mention on the end that you can't use Double Attack if you use it. That would be better.

Balantai April 8th, 2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MegaSilver (Post 1795933)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1795921)
Quote:

:?

You could rename Whirlwind Assault and mention on the end that you can't use Double Attack if you use it. That would be better.

That might be the best solution. :up: Any other thoughts out there?

Dysole April 8th, 2013 01:03 PM

Another Thought

Isn't Whirlwind Assault a power glyph? Is it too much of an issue to add onto Double Attack "when Neo attacks with Double Attack, he may not use a power on a Power Glyph" or some such wording.

~Dysole, wondering if renaming Whirlwind Assault is better