Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

McHotcakes March 30th, 2013 07:02 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1791054)
Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 1791041)
How would double attack mix with whirlwind assault?

Double Attack
When Neo attacks with his normal attack, he may attack with his normal attack one additional time.

I mean if Neo has double attack and he downloads whirlwind assault, does that mean he could attack every figure adjacent to him twice? Or does he get to attack everyone around him and then attack one of them one more time? I'm not saying he shouldn't have both I'm just curious as to how the two abilities would work if he did have both.

SirGalahad March 30th, 2013 09:52 PM

Why not? How thematically cool would that be!

Confred March 30th, 2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1791262)
Why not? How thematically cool would that be!

:up:

Balantai April 1st, 2013 01:07 PM

Neo would be able to attack all figures adjacent to him twice. I kinda like it.

McHotcakes April 1st, 2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1792006)

Alright. As long as everybody is on board.

mac122 April 1st, 2013 01:49 PM

Would the powers stack like that or would Double Attack need to be reworded?

Balantai April 1st, 2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1792045)
Would the powers stack like that or would Double Attack need to be reworded?

How do you mean? Could you give an example?

mac122 April 1st, 2013 02:49 PM

Double Attack says the figure can attack twice in a turn. Whirlwind Assault says the figure can attack any or all adjacent figures when making a normal attack. Would Double Attack actually allow you to use Whirlwind Assault and then use it again?

William099 April 6th, 2013 09:30 PM

I noticed Balantai had posted a reworded double attack above that specified normal attack... thus coinciding with the wording for whirlwind assault..

Right here:
Double Attack
When Neo attacks with his normal attack, he may attack with his normal attack one additional time.

mac122 April 8th, 2013 11:21 AM

I like the idea of letting Neo basically have 2 "normal" attack phases, but I'm just not convinced that Double attack would allow Whirlwind Assault twice. Both modify the number of normal attacks a figure can make within an attack phase. Double Attack allows 2 attacks during the attack phase while Whirlwind Assault allows 1-6 attacks during the normal attack phase.

DOUBLE ATTACK

WHIRLWIND ASSAULT
This Figure may attack any or all figures adjacent to it. Roll each attack separately.

If we want to give Neo 2 attack phases, we need something different than Double Attack, IMO. Maybe something like this:
(INSERT NAME)
After taking a turn with Neo, you may take another turn with Neo in which Neo can only attack.

Or maybe he gets a modification of Frenzy that would let him take a second whole turn with a successful d20 roll.

Balantai April 8th, 2013 11:36 AM

I think I'd rather word Double Attack in a way that makes it clear that it doesn't stack with Whirlwind Assault.

mac122 April 8th, 2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1792006)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1795875)
I think I'd rather word Double Attack in a way that makes it clear that it doesn't stack with Whirlwind Assault.

I thought you were for it? :confused: