Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Confred August 9th, 2017 10:57 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Small playtest vs Evar Scarcarver - Evar is pretty good, like a mini Krug with range. But Garin one-rounded him.

Points 140 - 160

Mini looks good

Edit:
Small playtest vs Deathwalker 8000 (130pts) - evenly matched. Armor was tough.
DW won.

Points 140 - 150

Edit 2:
Small playtest vs Wo-Sa-Ga (135pts) - She was up in his grill. He's at 1, she's at 3. He gets the gunpowder and high-tails it.

Points 135 - 145

Zetsubo August 10th, 2017 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2159286)

That's a good looking mini. Too bad it's unpainted but can't have everything.

Confred August 10th, 2017 09:52 AM

I like how William plays btw.
The constraints on his normal attack range and his need to be nonadjacent with the ability to also pluck at extreme long range makes him feel very tactical and tricky. Very fitting.

JC McMinis August 10th, 2017 08:35 PM

Just on a side note guys, with the changes to photobucket I am currently reuploading all the HoF files to Mediafire and will be restarting the display thread and ask a moderator to eventually close the other down. I would upload them here, but unfortunately cannot afford to become a site supporter as much as I would love to and I dont know what I would have to do to gain contributor status.

Confred August 10th, 2017 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2159359)
Just on a side note guys, with the changes to photobucket I am currently reuploading all the HoF files to Mediafire and will be restarting the display thread and ask a moderator to eventually close the other down. I would upload them here, but unfortunately cannot afford to become a site supporter as much as I would love to and I dont know what I would have to do to gain contributor status.

Just eat it and contribute - it's lifelong! ;)

Good work regardless.

Playtest vs Frost Giant of Morh
Garin was outclassed by the 140 berserker

Points 130 - 140

I'm thinking 130 Points:

William Garin
Einar

Human
Unique Hero
Mercenary
Adaptive (Tactical?)
Medium

Life 4
Range 5
Move 5
Attack 1
Defense 4
Points 130

GET THE BLACK POWDER
Before taking a turn with William Garin, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 4 or lower and Garin has a black powder marker on his Army Card, remove him and all Mercenary figures you control that are adjacent to him from the battlefield. If you roll a 17 or higher, place a black powder marker on this card and roll for Get The Black Powder an additional time.

SUN SHOT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 8. Attack 2 + Special.
When attacking with William Garin's Sun Shot Special Attack, you may remove 1 or more black powder markers from this card. If you do, all figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the attack and all affected figures subtract 1 defense die for each black powder marker removed, to a maximum of 2 dice removed. (I have a feeling the last "removed" in this last sentence may be deleted, but I'm more comfortable with it than with it gone.)

DEADLY TRICKSHOT
When William Garin rolls attack dice for a normal attack against a figure that isn't adjacent, all skulls rolled count for one additional hit. After the attack, William Garin may attack up to two additional times.

--
After review of the final wording and any responses to the blue comments and anything from the Lead, then we may vote.

Three thumbs up passes. If it passes before picture, two thumbs after picture finalizes passing.

McHotcakes August 11th, 2017 02:43 PM

I apologise for the long absence, but I'm here now and ready to finish off this design!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2159366)

I'm thinking 130 Points

I haven't had a chance to play test him but based off of your reports 130 seems to be a good fit. I don't think he should go any higher than that, especially considering he has the potential to take off in the middle of battle.

Quote:

Adaptive (Tactical?)
I think I said this earlier in the thread but my vote for personality would be cunning. I know we ruled out tricky because Einar wouldn't go for tricky types of units, so, to me at least, cunning is a personality that covers all of our bases. It can be used to describe someone who is tricky, adaptive, and tactical.

Quote:

(I have a feeling the last "removed" in this last sentence may be deleted, but I'm more comfortable with it than with it gone.)
I would agree with that feeling. I think you could get rid of the last "removed" and not miss anything.

Quote:

DEADLY TRICKSHOT
When William Garin rolls attack dice for a normal attack against a figure that isn't adjacent, all skulls rolled count for one additional hit. After the attack, William Garin may attack up to two additional times.
I do have a question on this power. When it says he can attack up to two additional times, is that against the same figure or can it be against others? Right now I think it can be read either way and we should add some clarification imo.

Confred August 11th, 2017 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 2159429)
I apologise for the long absence, but I'm here now and ready to finish off this design!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2159366)

I'm thinking 130 Points

I haven't had a chance to play test him but based off of your reports 130 seems to be a good fit. I don't think he should go any higher than that, especially considering he has the potential to take off in the middle of battle.

Quote:

Adaptive (Tactical?)
I think I said this earlier in the thread but my vote for personality would be cunning. I know we ruled out tricky because Einar wouldn't go for tricky types of units, so, to me at least, cunning is a personality that covers all of our bases. It can be used to describe someone who is tricky, adaptive, and tactical.

Quote:

(I have a feeling the last "removed" in this last sentence may be deleted, but I'm more comfortable with it than with it gone.)
I would agree with that feeling. I think you could get rid of the last "removed" and not miss anything.

Quote:

DEADLY TRICKSHOT
I do have a question on this power. When it says he can attack up to two additional times, is that against the same figure or can it be against others? Right now I think it can be read either way and we should add some clarification imo.

Good comments and I appreciate your quoting (I'm on phone, so won't be so savvy)

Cunning has a shadow of sinister that I would like to avoid. His mercenary friend would better have cunning, for example.

Being able to target other figures isn't spelled out for other cards that I know.

McHotcakes August 12th, 2017 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2159434)
Being able to target other figures isn't spelled out for other cards that I know.

I know that. My point was that I was confused on if he had to attack the same figure all three times with his Deadly Trickshot, similar to the clip where he shoots the bowl in the air. I think my confusion comes from the phrase "After the attack" which reads funny to me for some reason. If I may suggest

DEADLY TRICKSHOT
When William Garin rolls attack dice for a normal attack against a figure that isn't adjacent, all skulls rolled count for one additional hit. If William Garin is unengaged then after the he attacks, he may attack up to two additional times.

I added the unengaged bit because he could multiple times against melee figures which I don't think was the intent. If it was feel free to take it out.

Confred August 12th, 2017 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 2159499)
I added the unengaged bit because he could multiple times against melee figures which I don't think was the intent. If it was feel free to take it out.

I considered this early on, but basically if the first shot is vs nonadjacent, then he must be unengaged. if the first shot triggers some enemy ability allowing it to Charge Garin, it would still be thematic for him to shoot multiple times against them - as that's what he did versus the main greenies

McHotcakes August 13th, 2017 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2159516)
Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 2159499)

I considered this early on, but basically if the first shot is vs nonadjacent, then he must be unengaged. if the first shot triggers some enemy ability allowing it to Charge Garin, it would still be thematic for him to shoot multiple times against them - as that's what he did versus the main greenies

Fine by me :up:

Confred August 16th, 2017 08:19 PM

Ok so no clear votes for William at 130 Points.

Voting has begun for him at 140 Points

William Garin
Einar

Human
Unique Hero
Mercenary
Adaptive (Tactical?)
Medium

Life 4
Range 5
Move 5
Attack 1
Defense 4
Points 140

GET THE BLACK POWDER
Before taking a turn with William Garin, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 4 or lower and Garin has a black powder marker on his Army Card, remove him and all Mercenary figures you control that are adjacent to him from the battlefield. If you roll a 17 or higher, place a black powder marker on this card and roll for Get The Black Powder an additional time.

SUN SHOT SPECIAL ATTACK
When attacking with William Garin's Sun Shot Special Attack, you may remove 1 or more black powder markers from this card. If you do, all figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the attack and all affected figures subtract 1 defense die for each black powder marker removed, to a maximum of 2 dice removed.

DEADLY TRICKSHOT

Zetsubo August 16th, 2017 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2159788)
Voting has begun for him at 140 Points

William Garin
Einar

Human
Unique Hero
Mercenary
Adaptive (Tactical?)
Medium

Life 4
Range 5
Move 5
Attack 1
Defense 4
Points 140

GET THE BLACK POWDER

SUN SHOT SPECIAL ATTACK
When attacking with William Garin's Sun Shot Special Attack, you may remove 1 or more black powder markers from this card. If you do, all figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the attack and all affected figures subtract 1 defense die for each black powder marker removed, to a maximum of 2 dice removed.

DEADLY TRICKSHOT

I approve with adaptive :up: