Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Catwoman (II) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=52797)

Arkham March 17th, 2016 10:44 PM

The Book of Catwoman (II)

The Book of Catwoman (II)

C3G DC WAVE 26
WOMEN OF WONDER

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...anII_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...manII_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Batman sets.
Its model number and name are #204/Catwoman.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Batman Gravity Feed sets.
Its model number and name are #007a/Catwoman.

NOTE: Catwoman requires 1x Glyph of Utility: Bolas, and 3x Glyph of Utility: Caltrops.

Character Bio - Selina Kyle is Catwoman, a costumed adventurer who's been both a super-hero and super-villain. Beginning her career as a thief and enemy to Batman, she later turned to crime-fighting and became part of the Batman Family. Despite her villainous nature, she works hard to protect the East End of Gotham City. - DC Wikia

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • If she is in an army with a Bruce Wayne figure, Catwoman becomes a Vigilante and may be activated with her The Bat and the Cat special power. Current Bruce Waynes.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:
  • N/A
BenefitsWeaknesses
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Arkham March 17th, 2016 10:45 PM

Re: The Book of Catwoman (Breathing Period)

NAME = Catwoman
SECRET IDENTITY = Selina Kyle
SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Thief
PERSONALITY = Sly
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 4

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 2
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6
POINTS = 170

SLY ARSENAL
Start the game with a Glyph of Bolas and 3 Glyphs of Caltrops on this card. Catwoman cannot lose these glyphs by receiving wounds unless she is destroyed. Catwoman is not affected by the Glyph of Caltrops.

THE BAT AND THE CAT
If there is a Bruce Wayne figure in your army, Catwoman has the class of Vigilante instead of what is listed on this card. After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Bruce Wayne figure you control and taking a turn with that Bruce Wayne, if Catwoman is within clear sight of that Bruce Wayne, you may immediately take a turn with Catwoman, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

AGILE CLIMBING
Catwoman can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. When moving normally up levels of height to move onto a space with Catwoman, do not count a space for the first level. You may ignore Catwoman's height when climbing. Catwoman never takes falling damage or major falling damage.

Arkham March 17th, 2016 10:50 PM

Comic Art:

Background Art:

Figure Art:

IAmBatman March 17th, 2016 10:59 PM

Pared down nicely from what it was. It'll be strange to have her working with Commissioner Gordon, Alfred, and Robin ....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkham (Post 2080487)
SLY ARSENAL
At the start of the game, choose up to 2 of the following: a Glyph of Utility: Bolas, a Glyph of Utility: Whip, or 3 Glyph of Utility: Caltrops. Place the chosen glyphs on this card. Catwoman cannot lose these Glyphs by any means unless she is destroyed.

For now, should probably list the power text of the two new glyphs in the SP. Eventually they'll need their own threads, but that can wait until Final Editing. Bolas should probably be linked in the OP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkham (Post 2080487)
WHILE THE BAT'S AWAY...
If Catwoman is not within clear sight of a Bruce Wayne figure you control, she has the class of Thief instead of what is listed on this card. After taking a turn with a Bruce Wayne figure you control within clear sight of Catwoman, you may immediately take a turn with Catwoman, and you may not take a turn with any additional figures.

Verbiage update to match our precedent.

johnny139 March 18th, 2016 07:03 AM

As I've said, I think I'd prefer Reflexes split, but that sort of compound isn't unprecedented, so it's not really an issue.

I don't really care for Sly as a personality - no alternatives at the moment but I'll ruminate.

Range on the Whip should just be 2 though, right? Isn't that how we've done whips previously?

Viegon March 18th, 2016 08:11 AM

I like the overall direction. :up:

Sly Arsenal and While the Bat's Away are both very cool and thematic. For Cat-Like Reflexes though, I'd prefer to see the defense aspect dropped. There are other members of the Bat-Family that have 4 life and 5 defense with no defensive power, and she has both the Bolas and the Caltrops to slow-down her enemies and therefore increase her survivability. Plus, she can bond with Batman and Batgirl (Cassandra) can move on the same OM, giving you two other figures that can run interference for her if you're worried about losing her.

I'd also drop the range and the attack on the Whip by 1 each.

My :2cents:.

japes March 18th, 2016 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2080494)
Pared down nicely from what it was. It'll be strange to have her working with Commissioner Gordon, Alfred, and Robin ....

She's worked with Robin before and technically she'd be working with Batman who is working with Commish and Alfred. Since she's only a Vigilante when Bruce is around no fears of her being thrown into some unthematic Vigilante army.

Arkham March 18th, 2016 08:59 AM

2 range is fine on the whip.

I'd prefer to keep the defensive aspect though. I think Catwoman's acrobatics, stealth, and speed are arguably higher than that of Batgirl and some of the Robins, so what is essentially a lessened Acrobatics power should be fine. 2 shields out of 5 has worse odds than 1 out of 3 in the case of Nightwing. And she doesn't get to move based on each shield rolled. So IMO it works well as-is.

He Caltrops and Bolas will do her no good defensively if she doesn't pick the Whip in place of one of them, as she won't have range to take advantage. So I don't see that as a reason to remove the defensive aspect personally.

Viegon March 18th, 2016 09:40 AM

If Batman (Dick Grayson) and Black Canary only have 4 life, 5 defense, and no defensive power, I don't see why Catwoman should. It's also a case of just too much happening on one card: drafting from a set of new glyphs, two classes with lots of synergy, bonding, multiple movement effects, and a defensive power is a lot for one card. If Batman (II) does fine with just two powers (one of which is a similar glyph-based power), I don't see why Catwoman needs three new and complex powers.

IAmBatman March 18th, 2016 10:29 AM

I favor the whip going to range 2 and attack 3 as well.

laughing matter March 18th, 2016 11:11 AM

I just want to throw out that I don't believe that the Whip should be a Utility Glyph. I looked for a single time when Batman has used a whip and couldn't find one. It doesn't seem thematic to be able to draft Batman with Catwomans whip.

Arkham March 18th, 2016 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viegon (Post 2080548)
If Batman (Dick Grayson) and Black Canary only have 4 life, 5 defense, and no defensive power, I don't see why Catwoman should. It's also a case of just too much happening on one card: drafting from a set of new glyphs, two classes with lots of synergy, bonding, multiple movement effects, and a defensive power is a lot for one card. If Batman (II) does fine with just two powers (one of which is a similar glyph-based power), I don't see why Catwoman needs three new and complex powers.

I guess I jut don't agree with this "if person A doesn't have this then why does person B need this?" mentality. Designs aren't done with all future designs in mind, and there's only so much that can go on a card. Could those characters have more? Sure. But this design shouldn't be stunted because they don't. That's just my take.

The fact of the matter is, the defensive aspect of the power fits with heme the power is representing. It's not stacked into her Sly Arsenal, it's part of her quick reflexes. Which makes sense. :shrug: