Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Official Units (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Kurrok the Elementalist Pre-Release Discussion Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31196)

ranoobu July 7th, 2010 11:45 AM

Kurrok the Elementalist Pre-Release Discussion Thread

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...d_original.jpg

Evisceraxe July 7th, 2010 11:46 AM

Re: Kurrok the Elementalist Pre-Release Discussion Thread

He is cheaper than most people thought.

Muffinman July 7th, 2010 11:49 AM

Keeping him close enough to the elementals but far enough from being assassinated is going to be difficult.

A_Train July 7th, 2010 11:50 AM

I'm glad he has 5 life, I was afraid it would be 4.
Other than that, he is close to what most expect, although perhaps 30 points cheaper than most thought.

Tai-Pan July 7th, 2010 11:51 AM

So this guy is nearly worthless without a bunch of Elementals. Kind of Kato Katsuro-like, but with more expensive 'squad' figures and a less expensive leader. I'll be interested to see how these elemental armies play out.

padlock July 7th, 2010 11:56 AM

He's cheaper and a bit more fragile then I was guessing.

Also, he doesn't have a ranged attack which means he won't be able to attack on turns in which he's moving (or trying to revive and elemental) without putting himself in danger.

nyys July 7th, 2010 11:59 AM

Maybe I just forgot from the original teaser, but did we know he could bring a destroyed elemental back to life?

Alone they're (Kurrok and the elementals) pretty weak (if not useless), but together, what a punch. Loving it.

"United we stand, divided we fall." The new slogan of Kurrok and the Elementals.

xraine69 July 7th, 2010 12:00 PM

Guess I am going to have to order more elementals. I only have 4x right now, but I can see my son and I wanting to play elemental against elemental with Kurrok.

nyys July 7th, 2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xraine69 (Post 1133641)
Guess I am going to have to order more elementals. I only have 4x right now, but I can see my son and I wanting to play elemental against elemental with Kurrok.

Same here. CSI is sold out of the individual packs, but they still have the D1 pack of 4 (for $35). I 'need' more of each anyway and can use the extra uniques as tourney prizes or trades.

Yeah, that's it... way to talk myself into it. 8)

dok July 7th, 2010 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyys (Post 1133637)
Maybe I just forgot from the original teaser, but did we know he could bring a destroyed elemental back to life?

Yes, the powers are verbatim from the original teaser.

The stats (5L, 5M, 1R, 3A, 3D) also match the consensus exactly, although there was a bit of debate on 6L, 5R, 4D, and 4A.

The big surprise in 120 points in stead of 150. Adding one more elemental to the elemental builds is significant. I've been testing with these exact stats at 150 points, and there have been a lot of times towards the end of a battle where I've thought "damn, if I had just one more elemental..."

Kroz July 7th, 2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dok (Post 1133672)
Quote:

The stats (5L, 5M, 1R, 3A, 3D) also match the consensus exactly, although there was a bit of debate on 6L, 5R, 4D, and 4A.

The big surprise in 120 points in stead of 150. Adding one more elemental to the elemental builds is significant. I've been testing with these exact stats at 150 points, and there have been a lot of times towards the end of a battle where I've thought "damn, if I had just one more elemental..."

Maybe that's why he's 120 and not 150 because the playtesters had the EXACT same thought pop into their heads.

Matthias Maccabeus July 7th, 2010 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dok (Post 1133672)
Quote:

I actually play-tested him at 120 when I wrote my Fire Elemental article and was play-testing him just to make sure he was beatable. Good thing I guess.