Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3V and SoV Customs (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   The Book of Ulfrid Hornwrangler (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=41584)

awesomeunleashed June 6th, 2012 03:45 PM

The Book of Ulfrid Hornwrangler

The Book of Ulfrid Hornwrangler

C3V Wave 2 - Age of Chaos - Dwarf and Soulborgs

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...0_original.jpg

Printer-Friendly PDF

GRIM DETERMINATION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 4.
If Grim Determination Special Attack does not destroy a figure, Ulfrid Hornwrangler receives a wound and must attack that figure again with his Grim Determination Special Attack, if possible.

SHIELD OF VALOR
When defending with Ulfrid Hornwrangler, each shield rolled counts for one additional block.

The figure used for this unit is a Legendary Encounters figure. Its model name is Dwarf Warrior 20034.

Character Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

-Rulings and Clarifications-

TBA

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • AXEGRINDERS OF BURNING FORGE: Dwarven Strategic Bonding:
    As a Dwarf Hero, Ulfrid Hornwrangler may benefit from the Axegrinders' DWARVEN STRATEGIC BONDING activation synergy.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • 4th MASSACHUSETTS LINE: Valiant Army Defense Bonus
    Having a Valiant personality, Ulfrid Hornwrangler may aid the 4th Massachusetts Line with their VALIANT ARMY DEFENSE BONUS.
    *NOTE: See The Book of 4th Massachusetts Line for proper application.
-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-

TBA

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

TBA

Power Ranking and Master Index

Ulfrid Hornwrangler: A strong frontline hero with a powerful special attack that can be used to assassinate a key hero or clear a key space. And even if it backfires, at least your Axegrinders are fast. A-

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1332890076

awesomeunleashed June 6th, 2012 03:46 PM

Re: The Book of Ulfrid Hornwrangler

Tell me if I missed anything. And yes, I did ask first. :p

Seb from space June 6th, 2012 04:03 PM

Very nice hero !
Tell me if I make a mistake : when Ulfrid attacked a figure once, and took a wound, he must attack again, and then... If he missed again to kill this figure, he must attack again, until he (or the figure) dies.

awesomeunleashed June 6th, 2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seb from space (Post 1621743)
Very nice hero !
Tell me if I make a mistake : when Ulfrid attacked a figure once, and took a wound, he must attack again, and then... If he missed again to kill this figure, he must attack again, until he (or the figure) dies.

Yep. Really lame if you aren't rolling any skulls... :D

ZBeeblebrox June 6th, 2012 04:23 PM

Never mind ;)

awesomeunleashed June 6th, 2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox (Post 1621767)
Yes, this guys picks a foe and is determined to take down that foe regardless of the cost and he could fall at the same time as his target.

Absolutely... Incorrect. He doesn't take a wound if he kills his opponent. :p

Shame, ZB... :p

Aldin June 6th, 2012 04:33 PM

awesomeunleashed has it right. Someone will be standing over someone else's body by the time it's all over.

~Aldin, referencing his old sig... hmmm may be time to change back now that the CoN is over

ETA changed!

ZBeeblebrox June 6th, 2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed (Post 1621773)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox (Post 1621767)
Yes, this guys picks a foe and is determined to take down that foe regardless of the cost and he could fall at the same time as his target.

Absolutely... Incorrect. He doesn't take a wound if he kills his opponent. :p

Shame, ZB... :p

See this is what happens when you are involved in every process...because I remember the debate at one point about this...but it was resolved :duh:

Sorry :footinmouth:

dok June 6th, 2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aldin (Post 1621775)
awesomeunleashed has it right. Someone will be standing over someone else's body by the time it's all over.

...unless Ulfrid was attacking Isamu, or someone else who has the power to escape adjacency with Ulfrid.

(That's why the "if possible" is in there.)

MegaSilver June 6th, 2012 08:45 PM

Ulfrid can take a beating from attacks, but doesn't is determined when he's attacking. :p

Major Q23 June 8th, 2012 03:22 PM

In my opinion Ulfrid is the worst dwarf hero. That in no way means he is bad though. He fits very nicely into a 500 pt dwarf army with 4 Axegrinders and Mogrimm. He is also a good special attacker in a 4th Mass build. Raelin is a wonderful partner to Ulfrid, considering she practically gives him +4 defense dice. On average he would get 3.333 shields while he is in Raelin's aura. Which does make him hard to kill. A fun 400 pt army I can think of would be Ulfrid, Sentinels x2, and Raelin, talk about hard to kill. Grim Determination is a cool effect that could either kill him or kill Q9 depending on how the dice gods feal that day. In a dwarf build I would much rather spend 10/20 more pts if I could afford it to get Migol/Morgrimm.

awesomeunleashed June 8th, 2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Major Q23 (Post 1623257)
In my opinion Ulfrid is the worst dwarf hero.

I think you may be forgetting someone-Ulfrid is, IMO, certainly better for the cost than Darrak most of the time. :)