Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Other Customization & HS Additions (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Automated Battle System -- Update Nov 22 for Wave D3 (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31544)

Kaiyu July 29th, 2010 09:40 PM

Automated Battle System -- Update Nov 22 for Wave D3

Intro:
This is an auto-battle system that allows you to control non-player figures based on their Character Traits such as Race, Class, and Personality.

Some Basic Rules That All Figures Follow:
1) All figures will choose to attack if they can.
2) All figures will choose to take a leaving engagement attack against opponent's figures
3) All figures will move their full movement while out of Combat, unless otherwise stated to enter a specific space or to Hold Position.
4) Figures will always choose to use their special power if they have the option, even if it is not favorable
5) If a figure has more than one special power to choose from, they will use the power that is statistically favorable to destroy its target.
6) Engaged figures with Flying will choose to "walk" instead of "fly" unless another trait requires they move to a place that cannot be reached without Flying.
7) Minions of Utgar will only use Utgar's Orders if they are not in Combat, and will always use Utgar's Orders if a Kyrie Warrior you control who follows Utgar is in Combat but the Minions of Utgar are not in Combat.

Rules for Placing Order Markers:
These rules are designed to work properly if the order markers are place deliberately or randomly.

1) If a figure is in Combat, you must place at least one order marker on that figure's Army Card.
2) If Army Card # 2 is on Combat, and Army Card #1 has Bonding with Army Card #2, then you must place the order marker(s) on Army Card #1.
3) If all figures from Army Card #1 and Army Card #2 are not in Combat, and Army Card #1 has Bonding or Movement Bonding with Army Card #2, then you must place the order marker(s) on Army Card #1.
4) If there are 4 or more Army Cards with figures that are in Combat, not including Army Cards that will take a turn through Bonding, roll the 20-sided die to determine which Army Cards will have order markers placed on them.
5) If a Hero with 4 or more lives remaining and is in Combat, you may place 2 order markers on that figure's Army Card.
6) If a unengaged Hero with a Range greater than 1 is in only in Combat with figures with a Range of 1, you may place 2 order markers on that figure's Army Card.
7) If rules 1-6 have been met, you may place order markers on figures that are not in Combat.

Exceptions:
1) If the majority of remaining points on the battlefield are Samurai and/or Ashigaru figures and Kato Katsuro has not been destroyed, then place all order markers on Kato Katsuro
2) If the majority of the remaining points on the battlefield are Gladiator figures, then place all order markers on Gladiator figures. If Spartacus has not been destroyed, then place at least one order marker on Spartacus.
3) If the majority of the remaining points on the battlefield are Common Marro Squads within 12 clear sight spaces of the Marro Hive and the Marro Hive has not been destroyed, then place all order marker on the Marro Hive.

General Overview:
Race- If a figure is not in Combat, but a friendly figure of the same Race is in Combat, then the figure that is not in Combat will move towards the friendly figure that is in Combat, while following all other requirements.
Class- Determines for the most part how a figure moves along the battlefield. The requirements for a figure's Class hold a greater priority then a figures Personality (this will only affect Advanced play).
Personality- Determines for the most part the way in which a figure acts in Combat.

Below I have two versions, Basic and Advanced. Basic allows for quick referencing, but will sometimes lead to figures making less favorable choices. The Advanced version gives the figures a little more intelligence as well as more variance to their play style, this will in turn make for less repetitive battles.

Some Defined Terms:
Spoiler Alert!

BASIC
Spoiler Alert!

ADVANCED
Spoiler Alert!

PDF DOWNLOAD

Thank you to Warlord Alpha for a PDF verions of the data

Flame Gryphon July 30th, 2010 02:59 AM

Re: Auto Battle System -- Based on Character Traits

I HATE THIS REP SYSTEM!!! You've got another excellent idea, and I can't rep it!:grrrr:

yagyuninja July 30th, 2010 11:45 AM

I have to post here, even though I don't have anything constructive to say. This just appears to represent such an incredible amount of effort that could be VERY useful if someone were to put together some sort of heroscape computer game (or computer player). Good job!

Warlord Alpha July 30th, 2010 01:42 PM

Yeah, this is quite honestly just amazing. And it seems like it could work with any Heroscape game, period.

Kaiyu July 30th, 2010 10:34 PM

Thanks to Warlord Alpha there is now a PDF version of this, so spread the love and give the man some well deserved +rep :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?12fm6hbgbbfuc1t

Takanuva July 31st, 2010 03:52 PM

Awesome! I saw something like this before,(Squadscape? Hordescape? I dunno, but the title was something like that) But this is so much more detailed and cooler. If I can, You're getting my rep.

EDIT:NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Stupid rep system.

Kaiyu August 6th, 2010 12:40 PM

Re: Automated Battle System -- Based on Character Traits

It came to my attention that I had not made rules for placing order markers, so I did. They have been updated in the OP.

Warlord Alpha August 16th, 2010 01:57 AM

Didn't realize you had updated this. Here's a new PDF.

Kaiyu August 16th, 2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha (Post 1175925)
Didn't realize you had updated this. Here's a new PDF.

It has been updated. Thank you Warlord Alpha for your continued support!

Kaiyu September 1st, 2010 09:26 PM

Updated the PDF to include the rules for placing Order Markers. The download is also now available through the Heroscaper's server here.

Kaiyu November 22nd, 2010 06:14 PM

Updated the PDF to include Wave D3. Some typos were fixed as well. Most noticeably is...
Quote:

2. If this figure is a Hunter Marro figure, will move onto a swamp water tile

mrcrimson January 24th, 2011 12:51 AM

Re: Automated Battle System -- Update Nov 22 for Wave D3

Just saw this, great work! +rep!