Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3V and SoV Customs (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   The Book of Emperor Andask (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=50586)

Heroscaper Guy July 30th, 2014 09:30 AM

The Book of Emperor Andask

The Book of Emperor Andask

C3V Wave 5 – Lodin’s Discord – Heroes of the Lost Citadel

http://www.heroscapers.com/c3v/Stagi...ask_master.jpg

PDF Download

The figure used for this unit is a Mage Knight figure from the Heroic Quests: The Citadel set. Its model name is Astrus.

Character Bio:
Emperor Andask is the rightful heir to the throne of Ostrivick, a remote, vicious region of Valhalla. The royal line of Ostrivick is deep in the thrall of its long-time advisor, General Valkrill, and for Emperor Andask more so then any of his predecessors. When General Valkrill began his mad quest for a Wellspring, Emperor Andask devoted all the resources of Ostrivick to aiding him, which has now afforded him the position as one of Valkrill's closest commanders. Wielding the object known as the Orb of Vengeance, a weapon his ancestors had long kept locked away, Andask drives his minions into a mad frenzy, making them even more reckless and deadly then before.

Quote:

Orb of Vengeance Aura
When a figure you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Emperor Andask attacks an adjacent figure with a normal attack, before defense dice are rolled, you may re-roll all attack dice that did not show skulls. Orb of Vengeance Aura does not affect Emperor Andask. Orb of Vengeance Aura may only be used once per turn.

Kyrie Supremacy
Any time you roll the 20-sided die for a Kyrie army card, you may add 1 to your roll.

Flying
When counting spaces for Emperor Andask's movement, ignore elevations. Emperor Andask may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. If Emperor Andask is engaged when she starts to fly, she will take any leaving engagement attacks.

-Rulings and Clarifications-

-N/A-
-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
Atalga the Kyrie Warrior - Kyrie Leadership - As a Kyrie, Emperor Andask adds one to his Move due to Kyrie Leadership.

Synergy Benefits Offered

Kyrie Supremacy
: Kyrie Army Cards with a D20 power
Atalga the Kyrie Warrior
Kelda the Kyrie Warrior
Runa
Saylind

Power Ranking and Master Index

Has proven to be a reasonably effective melee booster, and a ranged flyer in endgame is never bad. B

Master Index
TBA

Unit Strategy Review
TBA

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...w18_andask.jpg

Lazy Orang August 1st, 2014 05:35 PM

Re: The Book of Emperor Andask

Orb of Vengeance Aura looks really cool. :) Also, bargain Taelord anyone?

MegaSilver August 1st, 2014 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Orang (Post 1958517)
Also, bargain Taelord anyone?

If you play on just attacking in melee, sure.

Several melee units like him, in fact...

lefton4ya August 1st, 2014 07:15 PM

Q on "Orb of Vengeance Aura may only be used once per turn."
I assume this means double attackers as well as squads only get to use once? How about bonding, although I think technically both the squad and bonding hero count as separate turns.

Arch-vile August 1st, 2014 07:20 PM

Double attackers, squads, etc. can only use Andask's Orb of Vengeance Aura once per turn. If a squad bonds, both the bonding hero and one squad figure can use the aura, because the hero is taking a separate turn.

Note that Kurrok + Elementals, Thralls, and Alastair MacDirk (w/Overextend Attack) can use the aura more than once since each figure takes a turn separately.

DanieLoche August 2nd, 2014 07:51 AM

And what about Omegacron's special bonding ? How many tirns are played ?

Lazy Orang August 2nd, 2014 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MegaSilver (Post 1958534)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Orang (Post 1958517)
Also, bargain Taelord anyone?

If you play on just attacking in melee, sure.

Several melee units like him, in fact...

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefton4ya (Post 1958589)
Q on "Orb of Vengeance Aura may only be used once per turn."
I assume this means double attackers as well as squads only get to use once? How about bonding, although I think technically both the squad and bonding hero count as separate turns.

And this is what I get for skim-reading - didn't notice either of those. :) Still looks cool, though.

Longy418 August 3rd, 2014 11:29 PM

We have a tournament in the Northwest this Saturday and there are a couple of builds that I know of that will use some of the heroes from this wave. Will the links to the PDF's be provided soon?

awesomeunleashed November 8th, 2014 08:35 PM

I used Andask with Shieldsmiths in a few games during Online Heroscape Season 16. I found he provided a similar amount of extra dice to what Taelord would have, but provided them at generally more useful times. I was also able to use him to make a couple of critical ranged shots that Taelord couldn't have been used for at all.

He's no Raelin, but he's a solid cheerleader for high-attack melee. I'd say he's a significantly better figure than Taelord; he's got way fewer armies in which he's useful, but he's much more likely to be worth the cost in the builds that he does help.

William099 January 2nd, 2015 06:16 AM

Einar Imperium... do they get plus one dice for one attack on each of the three figures or just plus one for one of their 6 attacks?

I was thinking an
Emperor Andask
Empress Kiova
3x EI's build.
and just want to make sure I am clear on how it works.

flameslayer93 January 2nd, 2015 11:11 AM

By my reading of it, you only get the boost to your attack once for all 3 imperium.

William099 January 2nd, 2015 11:31 AM

So of 6 attacks only one would be boosted?