Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

JC McMinis July 24th, 2020 11:01 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

I like 2 as well

JC McMinis July 29th, 2020 05:45 PM

Updated card with the new wording on Master Assassin and Visceral Movement

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/8bd...gw94t1zqzg.jpg

SirGalahad July 29th, 2020 06:46 PM

Wording looks good.

I may be just getting old, but "ASSASSIN" in the left box seems smaller than the other attributes.

JC McMinis July 29th, 2020 09:50 PM

it's just the way the card editor does that word. It's the same size on our card for Ezio from Assassin's Creed

Confred July 31st, 2020 11:00 PM

Stray thought

MASTER ASSASSIN
After attacking a figure, John Wick may attack two additional times. He may only change his targets if the figure is destroyed.

Taeblewalker August 1st, 2020 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2409186)
Stray thought

MASTER ASSASSIN
After attacking a figure, John Wick may attack two additional times. He may only change his targets if the figure is destroyed.

Looks good!

JC McMinis August 1st, 2020 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 2409242)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2409186)
Stray thought

MASTER ASSASSIN

Looks good!

I agree

Confred August 2nd, 2020 07:57 PM

Thanks, "if possible" sat with me wrong. and I had a kind of ah-ha! moment.

So I'll update the proxy with new wording, upload to Tabletop Simulator and test the changes by Friday, August 7.

I encourage others to playtest also during this week. We'll perhaps wrap this design up by this weekend.

Edit:

MASTER ASSASSIN
When John Wick attacks a figure, he may attack two additional times. He may only change targets if the figure is destroyed. John Wick can't attack destructible objects this way.

Edit commentary: I like the destructible object stipulation because you don't assassinate doors, but I'm not comfortable with the phrase "this way"

Dysole August 2nd, 2020 11:10 PM

FYI

I'm at a point where I might have an idea but not sure if there's a miniature to support it. I am in a place where I could devote some time to making it happen. If Sir Galahad would rather, I can easily wait until later.

As a note, I see that we were reconsidering visceral and then decided against it. Visceral is specifically related to the viscera or internal organs. So visceral movement would have something related to his internal organs. I am completely unfamiliar with anything beyond the VERY basics of this character so I have no idea if that is actually on theme. What exactly does this represent character wise?

Regarding Master Assassin,I'm not sure if "changing targets" is a defined Scape phrase even though we know what it means whereas "if possible" means exactly what it says. I also hope you're aware that your verbiage means if he is engaged to a Deathreaver and another figure and attacks the rat who scatters away after surviving the attack, he can't attack the figure he's engaged to now. I think this verbiage flows better.

Quote:

MASTER ASSASSIN

When John Wick attacks a figure, he can attack that figure up to two additional times.
Sure it doesn't allow him to change targets if he kills it on the first hit, but I don't think that's a bad thing given the higher power level. If you want the multi attack, probably want.

Quote:

MASTER ASSASSIN
When John Wick attacks a figure, he can attack up to two additional times. When John Wick attacks a figure, he may not attack an additional figure this turn until that figure is destroyed.
I would change Visceral Movement to

Quote:

VISCERAL MOVEMENT

John Wick may attack at any point before, during, or after moving.
Honestly could just roll this power into Master Assassin (put it before the other stuff) and call it good, sidestepping the whole Visceral Movement issue.

I would change Boogeyman to

Quote:

BOOGEYMAN
John Wick can move through all small and medium figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. If John Wick moves through a figure, he may stop his movement and roll 2 additional dice when attacking that figure.
If you don't want him to have Phantom Walk take out the LEA stuff.

Human Shield is fine as is wording wise with my only question being whether it's more consistent in Scape to specifically call out a defense die or just say "add a die to his roll".

He's pretty good offensively, but unless you give him phantom walk, he needs a screen or he dies way too fast to any sustained fire.

~Dysole, informationally

SirGalahad August 3rd, 2020 12:42 AM

Here was my reasoning for leaving Visceral

Definition of visceral
1: felt in or as if in the internal organs of the body : DEEP
a visceral conviction
2: not intellectual : INSTINCTIVE, UNREASONING
visceral drives
3: dealing with crude or elemental emotions : EARTHY
a visceral novel
4: of, relating to, or located on or among the viscera : SPLANCHNIC
visceral organs

OK with the wording change though. Definitely cleaner.

MASTER ASSASSIN
When John Wick attacks an opponent's figure, he can attack up to two additional times. When John Wick attacks a figure, he , but may not attack an additional figure this turn until the defending figure is destroyed.

I'd be on board with the change to BOOGEYMAN, but change "stop" to "end" his movement.

Dysole August 3rd, 2020 10:04 AM

Connotations

Sure, sure, sure.

But when I see visceral movement, I don't think instinctive. I think of something more squishy and tangible like one of the aliens from Parasyte. Instinctive movement makes me think of something more reflexive which I assume is more on brand. It'd be like saying Sharwin has a power called Secret Backtalk instead of Arcane Riposte. While they're synonyms you get a different image from both of those phrases.

~Dysole, verbally

Confred August 4th, 2020 10:10 PM

Re: FYI

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2409517)
I'm at a point where I might have an idea but not sure if there's a miniature to support it. I am in a place where I could devote some time to making it happen. If Sir Galahad would rather, I can easily wait until later.

As a note, I see that we were reconsidering visceral and then decided against it. Visceral is specifically related to the viscera or internal organs. So visceral movement would have something related to his internal organs. I am completely unfamiliar with anything beyond the VERY basics of this character so I have no idea if that is actually on theme. What exactly does this represent character wise?

Regarding Master Assassin,I'm not sure if "changing targets" is a defined Scape phrase even though we know what it means whereas "if possible" means exactly what it says. I also hope you're aware that your verbiage means if he is engaged to a Deathreaver and another figure and attacks the rat who scatters away after surviving the attack, he can't attack the figure he's engaged to now. I think this verbiage flows better.

Quote:

MASTER ASSASSIN

When John Wick attacks a figure, he can attack that figure up to two additional times.
Sure it doesn't allow him to change targets if he kills it on the first hit, but I don't think that's a bad thing given the higher power level. If you want the multi attack, probably want.

Quote:

MASTER ASSASSIN
When John Wick attacks a figure, he can attack up to two additional times. When John Wick attacks a figure, he may not attack an additional figure this turn until that figure is destroyed.
I would change Visceral Movement to

Quote:

VISCERAL MOVEMENT

John Wick may attack at any point before, during, or after moving.
Honestly could just roll this power into Master Assassin (put it before the other stuff) and call it good, sidestepping the whole Visceral Movement issue.

I would change Boogeyman to

Quote:

BOOGEYMAN
John Wick can move through all small and medium figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. If John Wick moves through a figure, he may stop his movement and roll 2 additional dice when attacking that figure.
If you don't want him to have Phantom Walk take out the LEA stuff.

Human Shield is fine as is wording wise with my only question being whether it's more consistent in Scape to specifically call out a defense die or just say "add a die to his roll".

He's pretty good offensively, but unless you give him phantom walk, he needs a screen or he dies way too fast to any sustained fire.

~Dysole, informationally

It's on theme for John Wick to get surrounded and fight his way out.

We took Visceral Movement out of Master Assassin to better study it. I wouldn't be opposed to adding it back.