Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Confred June 2nd, 2015 12:49 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

@TREX *Bonks head* duh! phew can tell it's late here.

God and Demigod (no space) edited in original post

JC McMinis June 2nd, 2015 04:46 AM

Ok guys first of all I would like to apologize. I definatley was not thinking when I put my variants in the display thread and have since removed them. Also I would like to apologize for the whole glyph thing. I do not personally own any official treasure glyphs and I could not seem to find images of them here so the only reference I had when making the glyph cards were the treasure glyphs we have done thus far for the HoF. My apologies again.

A thought on the Boots of Hermes would this be more official bold part is my edit

PERMANENT GLYPH
Before moving, you may choose to have this figure use Boots Of Hermes to add 3 to its Move and for the duration of the turn never be attacked for leaving an engagement.

GODLY ARTIFACT
After using any special power on this Glyph, if this figure is not a God or Demigod, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 5 or lower, inflict 1 wound to this figure. Only one copy of Boots Of Hermes may ever be on any Army Card you control.

Dysole June 2nd, 2015 12:59 PM

Update It

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2024981)

PERMANENT GLYPH
Before moving, you may choose to have this figure use Boots Of Hermes to add 3 to its Move number and for the duration of the turn will notnever be attacked for leaving an engagement.

GODLY ARTIFACT
After using any special power on this Glyph, if this figure is not a God or Demigod, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 5 or lower, this figure receives one woundinflict 1 wound to this figure. Only one copy of Boots Of Hermes may ever be on any Army Card you control. If at any point an Army would control more than one copy, all extra copies must be dropped or destroyed.

Looks solid. Updated with the most official wording I could find based on research from last night. Look up about three posts for other options we could use but these make the most sense to me.

~Dysole, updatingly

TREX June 2nd, 2015 01:15 PM

@Dysole , the format looks good to me. If everyone is ok with it, I don't see why we can't continue onward with the other glyphs.

Taeblewalker June 2nd, 2015 01:48 PM

Next week I'm going to be playing in a four player game where each player has to choose at least two units from HoF. It'll be nice to see these designs hit the table.

TREX June 2nd, 2015 06:09 PM

@Taeblewalker , I have been a huge fan of Ezio, and Katniss. I just got a ton of the other figures in to make mods for the other figures.

Confred June 2nd, 2015 10:51 PM

@Dysole
I think disengage wording is "never be attacked..."
Warforged Soldiers use it and so do Goblin Cutters

And I think "this figure may use" is better than "you may choose to have this figure use"

And I'm fine with "this figure receives 1 wound" but I think I prefer "inflict 1 wound to this figure" ala Pelloth. The latter feels more like a zap from above to me

Dysole June 2nd, 2015 11:46 PM

Sounds Good

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2025240)
@Dysole
I think disengage wording is "never be attacked..."
Warforged Soldiers use it and so do Goblin Cutters

And I think "this figure may use" is better than "you may choose to have this figure use"

And I'm fine with "this figure receives 1 wound" but I think I prefer "inflict 1 wound to this figure" ala Pelloth. The latter feels more like a zap from above to me

Good to know. I couldn't find one but I appreciate the double check. Inflict the wound is only used for an attack. Is there an official wording for traps? That might be the language we want to use.

~Dysole, wordsmithing

Confred June 3rd, 2015 12:35 AM

@Dysole
After looking through the rulebook, scenario 2 lists it as "this figure receives 1 wound"

I've been thinking about dropping Godly Artifacts and wondering if the clause should be a power on the Artifact's card or on Kratos' Army Card...

BY THE GODS
...If Kratos is destroyed by a Unique Hero, place all Godly Artifacts on this card on the Army Card of the figure that destroyed Kratos.
...If Kratos is destroyed, one at a time, for all Godly Artifacts on this card, choose an opponent's Unique Hero and place a Godly Artifact from this card on the Army Card of the chosen figure.

Just some variants for extra opportunities to add spice. I like the idea of others acquiring the treasure just as Kratos had. And something niggles me about the placing on the same or adjacent spaces thing.

McHotcakes June 3rd, 2015 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2025251)
BY THE GODS
...If Kratos is destroyed by a Unique Hero, place all Godly Artifacts on this card on the Army Card of the figure that destroyed Kratos.

What happens to the glyphs if Kratos is destroyed by a common hero or a squad figure? Or by lava or falling damage?

Quote:

...If Kratos is destroyed, one at a time, for all Godly Artifacts on this card, choose an opponent's Unique Hero and place a Godly Artifact from this card on the Army Card of the chosen figure.
This is an interesting idea, but I'm not quite sold on it.

Did we need the Godly treasure glyphs to act differently than normal treasure glyphs? If any of the glyphs Kratos is carrying are destroyed then couldn't we make it so Kratos can just bring them back with his By The Gods special power? :shrug:

Spoiler Alert!

TREX June 3rd, 2015 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 2025285)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2025251)
BY THE GODS

What happens to the glyphs if Kratos is destroyed by a common hero or a squad figure? Or by lava or falling damage?

Quote:

This is an interesting idea, but I'm not quite sold on it.

Did we need the Godly treasure glyphs to act differently than normal treasure glyphs? If any of the glyphs Kratos is carrying are destroyed then couldn't we make it so Kratos can just bring them back with his By The Gods special power? :shrug:

Spoiler Alert!

Godly Artifacts can act just like normal treasure glyphs when the carrier or Kratos is destroyed. When the figure is destroyed the glyphs go face up on the space or spaces the fallen figure occupied. Therefore the next figure can pick them up. I've never played a game where the figure that destroyed the other figure automatically inherited their glyphs. Personally I like the glyphs just being placed on, or adjacent to the space Kratos was on.

JC McMinis June 3rd, 2015 03:07 PM

Ok here is the Boots of Hermes with the most recent text.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...pskmj7mklw.jpg

Edit: Also I updated the Bow of Apollo as well with the new Godly Artifact text (I still prefer Olympian Artifact myself but however the group wants it) and was wondering if we were good with the Bow as it stands.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...psx3rcctil.jpg