Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

JC McMinis June 17th, 2014 12:26 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by William099 (Post 1946223)
Your Nascent Threat still reads the same as the older versions just fyi.

Thanks and fixed

Taeblewalker June 18th, 2014 06:17 PM

It all looks good to me. As for points, I'm not too sure. Perhaps 30, 50 and 70? Or maybe the small blob can be 150 points and the others zero.

JC McMinis June 19th, 2014 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1946772)
the small blob can be 150 points and the others zero.

I'm good with this approach, if the others agree.

SirGalahad June 19th, 2014 05:42 PM

Minor editing suggestions:

THE BLOB
Valkrill

http://media.trollandtoad.com/produc...es/1013459.jpg

Ooze
Unique Hero
Devourer
Mindless
Small 2

Life 1
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 6

Potential Threat
When you recruit The Blob into your army, you must also recruit the The Indescribable Blob and The Indestructible Blob.

Ravenous Growth
Whenever The Blob destroys a figure, you may immediately remove this figure from the board battlefield and replace it with The Indescribable Blob.

COLD WEAKNESS
The Blob may not move onto a snow or ice space or adjacent to a Glacier Mountain. If The Blob is attacked with a normal adjacent attack by a an adjacent attacking figure on occupying a snow or ice space, roll two less fewer defense dice.

THE INDESCRIBABLE BLOB
Valkrill

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/intheworks_atg4.jpg

Ooze
Unique Hero
Devourer
Mindless
Medium 4

Life 1
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 8

NASCENT THREAT
The Indescribable Blob does not start the game on the battlefield. The Indescribable Blob can only be placed on the battlefield by the effects of the as a result of The Blob's Ravenous Growth special power.

Ravenous Growth
Whenever The Indescribable Blob destroys a figure, you may immediately remove this figure from the board battlefield and replace it with The Indestructible Blob figure.

Engulf 15
You may add 1 to The Indescribable Blob's range if the defending figure's base is no more than 3 levels higher or lower than The Indescribable Blob's base. If The Indescribable Blob wounds an adjacent small or medium figure with its normal attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, destroy the defending figure.

COLD WEAKNESS
The Indescribable Blob may not move onto a snow or ice space or adjacent to a Glacier Mountain. If The Indescribable Blob is attacked with a normal adjacent attack by a an adjacent attacking figure on occupying a snow or ice space, roll two less fewer defense dice.

THE INDESTRUCTIBLE BLOB
Valkrill

Ooze
Unique Hero
Devourer
Mindless
Large 4

Life 1
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 10

Realized Threat
The Indestructible Blob does not start the game on the battlefield. The Indestructible Blob can only be placed on the battlefield by the effects as a result of the The Indescribable Blob's Ravenous Growth special power.

Engulf 15
You may add 1 to The Indestructible Blob's range if the defending figure's base is no more than 3 levels higher or lower than The Indestructible Blob's base. If The Indestructible Blob wounds an adjacent small or medium figure with its normal attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, destroy the defending figure.

Cold Weakness
The Indestructible Blob may not move onto a snow or ice space or adjacent to a Glacier Mountain. If The Indestructible Blob is attacked with a normal adjacent attack by a an adjacent attacking figure on occupying a snow or ice space, roll two less fewer defense dice.

The Return
At the start of each round, after The Indestructible Blob has been destroyed, before placing Order Markers, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, immediately place The Blob on any empty space in your starting zone.

Pasteability:

THE BLOB
Valkrill

http://media.trollandtoad.com/produc...es/1013459.jpg

Ooze
Unique Hero
Devourer
Mindless
Small 2

Life 1
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 6

POTENTIAL THREAT
When you recruit The Blob into your army, you must also recruit The Indescribable Blob and The Indestructible Blob.

RAVENOUS GROWTH
Whenever The Blob destroys a figure, you may immediately remove this figure from the battlefield and replace it with The Indescribable Blob.

COLD WEAKNESS
The Blob may not move onto a snow or ice space or adjacent to a Glacier. If The Blob is attacked with a normal adjacent attack by a figure occupying a snow or ice space, roll two fewer defense dice.

THE INDESCRIBABLE BLOB
Valkrill

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/intheworks_atg4.jpg

Ooze
Unique Hero
Devourer
Mindless
Medium 4

Life 1
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 8

NASCENT THREAT
The Indescribable Blob does not start the game on the battlefield. The Indescribable Blob can only be placed on the battlefield as a result of The Blob's Ravenous Growth special power.

RAVENOUS GROWTH
Whenever The Indescribable Blob destroys a figure, you may immediately remove this figure from the battlefield and replace it with The Indestructible Blob.

ENGULF 15
You may add 1 to The Indescribable Blob's range if the defending figure's base is no more than 3 levels higher or lower than The Indescribable Blob's base. If The Indescribable Blob wounds an adjacent small or medium figure with its normal attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, destroy the defending figure.

COLD WEAKNESS
The Indescribable Blob may not move onto a snow or ice space or adjacent to a Glacier. If The Indescribable Blob is attacked with a normal adjacent attack by a figure occupying a snow or ice space, roll two fewer defense dice.

THE INDESTRUCTIBLE BLOB
Valkrill

Ooze
Unique Hero
Devourer
Mindless
Large 4

Life 1
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 10

REALIZED THREAT
The Indestructible Blob does not start the game on the battlefield. The Indestructible Blob can only be placed on the battlefield as a result of The Indescribable Blob's Ravenous Growth special power.

ENGULF 15
You may add 1 to The Indestructible Blob's range if the defending figure's base is no more than 3 levels higher or lower than The Indestructible Blob's base. If The Indestructible Blob wounds an adjacent small or medium figure with its normal attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, destroy the defending figure.

COLD WEAKNESS
The Indestructible Blob may not move onto a snow or ice space or adjacent to a Glacier. If The Indestructible Blob is attacked with a normal adjacent attack by a figure occupying a snow or ice space, roll two fewer defense dice.

THE RETURN
At the start of each round after The Indestructible Blob has been destroyed, before placing Order Markers, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, immediately place The Blob on any empty space in your start zone.

JC McMinis June 19th, 2014 07:19 PM

Ok, with Sir G's usual excellent spelling and wording corrections and the above suggested points we are looking at.

THE BLOB
Valkrill

Ooze
Unique Hero
Devourer
Mindless
Small 2

Life 1
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 6

POTENTIAL THREAT
When you recruit The Blob into your army, you must also recruit The Indescribable Blob and The Indestructible Blob.

RAVENOUS GROWTH
Whenever The Blob destroys a figure, you may immediately remove this figure from the battlefield and replace it with The Indescribable Blob.

COLD WEAKNESS
The Blob may not move onto a snow or ice space or adjacent to a Glacier. If The Blob is attacked with a normal adjacent attack by a figure occupying a snow or ice space, roll two fewer defense dice.

THE INDESCRIBABLE BLOB
Valkrill

Ooze
Unique Hero
Devourer
Mindless
Medium 4

Life 1
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 8

NASCENT THREAT
The Indescribable Blob does not start the game on the battlefield. The Indescribable Blob can only be placed on the battlefield as a result of The Blob's Ravenous Growth special power.

RAVENOUS GROWTH
Whenever The Indescribable Blob destroys a figure, you may immediately remove this figure from the battlefield and replace it with The Indestructible Blob.

ENGULF 15

COLD WEAKNESS
The Indescribable Blob may not move onto a snow or ice space or adjacent to a Glacier. If The Indescribable Blob is attacked with a normal adjacent attack by a figure occupying a snow or ice space, roll two fewer defense dice.

THE INDESTRUCTIBLE BLOB
Valkrill

Ooze
Unique Hero
Devourer
Mindless
Large 4

Life 1
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 10

REALIZED THREAT
The Indestructible Blob does not start the game on the battlefield. The Indestructible Blob can only be placed on the battlefield as a result of The Indescribable Blob's Ravenous Growth special power.

ENGULF 15

COLD WEAKNESS
The Indestructible Blob may not move onto a snow or ice space or adjacent to a Glacier. If The Indestructible Blob is attacked with a normal adjacent attack by a figure occupying a snow or ice space, roll two fewer defense dice.

THE RETURN
At the start of each round after The Indestructible Blob has been destroyed, before placing Order Markers, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, immediately place The Blob on any empty space in your start zone.[/QUOTE]

What does everyone think?

mac122 July 23rd, 2014 07:58 PM

There hasn't been any comments for awhile, so here's how the cards look with the wording from JC's post
http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...B.jpg~original

SirGalahad July 23rd, 2014 08:50 PM

Concern with the 0 points on the cards for scoring purposes.

How would it work when a player destroys The Indescribable Blob or The Indestructible Blob? Do they get all 150 points?

McHotcakes July 24th, 2014 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1956033)
Concern with the 0 points on the cards for scoring purposes.

How would it work when a player destroys The Indescribable Blob or The Indestructible Blob? Do they get all 150 points?

I think it would work that way. I think the idea behind the potential threat power is that it makes all three blobs effectively the same figure. So instead of paying 150 points for three figures you're actually 150 for 1 figure with three forms.

Of course to help clean up the confusion you could have all three cards at 150, and then change Potential Threat to

When you recruit The Blob into your army, you must may also recruit The Indescribable Blob and The Indestructible Blob without paying their point costs.

Not sure if that helps but its an idea.

Also my first post after a long hiatus.

JC McMinis July 25th, 2014 11:19 PM

I have never played for score, but yes I would putit at 150 no matter which you killed, either that or we could go with the point values Taeblewalker suggested and go 30/50/70. I am good either way.

Taeblewalker July 26th, 2014 10:11 PM

Either way scoring would be wonky. I'm leaning toward making it 30/50/70.

JC McMinis July 27th, 2014 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1956862)

I second that.

McHotcakes July 28th, 2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 1957075)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1956862)

I second that.

Thirded