Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   AotP General Discussion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Any good maps? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=54202)

raXas1516 July 20th, 2017 12:06 AM

Any good maps?

Would anyone be so kind as to point me to any maps they know of using heroscape, specifically built for AOTP? I found that the average competitive heroscape maps were too small because of the summoning.

lefton4ya July 20th, 2017 10:14 AM

Re: Any good maps?

Check out the Herosape and Magic:AotP Cryptolith Map Contest I had, which mixed maps/terrain from both games.

For all heroscape maps, check out:

raXas1516 July 20th, 2017 10:57 AM

Thanks lefton4ya! I'll definitely try out some of those cryptolith maps.

Winin September 5th, 2017 11:40 PM

Thanks! I played a bunch of Heroscape back before I had kids, and I've saved it all. Recently my oldest got into Magic, so I got AotP and we tried it out. She and her friend loved it, so I'm looking forward it building cool maps again. The terrain is what I loved most about Heroscape, and I quite enjoy the AotP additions to the base game.

japes December 12th, 2017 10:57 AM

It would be nice to have an area to list other map idea for mixing the mats with heroscape.

Zetsubo December 12th, 2017 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japes (Post 2171336)
It would be nice to have an area to list other map idea for mixing the mats with heroscape.

That's exactly what I was just looking for. I wanted to find an idea for a map for a travel kit using the cardboard bases and heroscape tiles on top of those.

japes October 28th, 2018 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetsubo (Post 2171354)
Quote:

Originally Posted by japes (Post 2171336)

That's exactly what I was just looking for. I wanted to find an idea for a map for a travel kit using the cardboard bases and heroscape tiles on top of those.

Exactly what I'm looking to do. I'm creating a travel case for my son with the cardboard maps and I have a small section of the case reserved for tiles and other objects.

Unhinged Manchild October 28th, 2018 01:27 PM

I’ve been considering mixing the AOTP cardboards with Scape hexes for a while, but still haven’t done it. I think primarily because of the lack of support and/or widespread use.

I believe a little over a month ago I was looking at LO4Y’s contest maps, they look nice! I think one of the reasons I never really bit on it was because there was no PDFs (AOTP mats are not virtualscape friendly...) Although, I think when making a PDF for an AOTP + scape mixed map in VS, one could always hold CTRL and select/highlight any/all tiles that would be replaced by the AOTP mat. I think I remember this being reflected in the VS-generated map building guide.

I’d love to see some fair, competitive maps made of an AOTP terrain set and 1/2 MS or 1 expansion, but we’d still have to get easy-to-follow build instructions...