Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Official Rules & FAQ's (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Order markers and (un)common squads, heroes (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=29371)

CanScape March 9th, 2010 09:47 PM

Order markers and (un)common squads, heroes

After reading some posts, I'm a bit confused over the way I've been playing a rule...if I have four squads of a common squad, say Stingers, and I place an order marker on ONE of them, I can only use those Stingers in that particular squad. I mark each memeber of each squad with a different color, to keep track.

Then I read that Uncommon Heroes need to have a way to identify them, such as the Feral Troll, with stickers or the like. That makes sense to me...but in reading the differences between uncommon heroes and common squads, I'm getting a bit confused. If I have common hero, like the Demutef Guard, and have four of them in my army, I always thought I still had to place individual order markers on them...ie, I couldn't just put an order marker on one and then play ANY one of them.

Am I doing this correctly? I didn't think there was a way to have more than one unit in my army, but to be able to move any of them by having just one order marker on their card. Just making sure...thanks.

killercactus March 9th, 2010 09:51 PM

Re: Order markers and (un)common squads, heroes

You've been playing it wrong.

When you have multiple common squads, you only need one army card. When you reveal an OM on that army card, you can activate any of the common units you control. That's the advantage of common units, and that's why uncommon units are different.

TurtleKing99 March 9th, 2010 09:52 PM

you only need to have one card if you have, say 4 squads of stingers, after revealing the order marker, you choose which three to activate.

Edit: Killer Cactus is a :ninja:

Sujoah March 9th, 2010 09:55 PM

And remember - you only have to use one army card for every squad for Stingers in your army. You can use a card for each one of them, and when you reveal an order marker, activate any three of them, but that has always seemed pretty pointless and it takes up way too much room.

You do have the rules for uncommons correct, though.

CanScape March 10th, 2010 04:44 PM

EPIC misunderstanding on my behalf!...yet I've read these answers, and I'm still confused, as the first says that all I need is one card no matter how many common units I have, and the last one says I need one card per squad. I'm missing something here...does anybody know where in the rules is makes this clear?

I always thought that, let's use the Stingers again, that if I wanted to play four squads of them, I had to pick four army cards, and identify each squad to a card (usually by colour). To activate a certain squad, I needed individual order markers on them.

Now, are you saying that I could still have those four squads of Stingers, yet only ONE card?...and to play any four individual figures, I just place ONE order marker on that card, and move any four of my twelve Stinger figures? ...if that's the case, WOW have we been playing wrong!!!

Thanks for the help, again!..if someone can finalize my interpretation of this rule, that would be very much appreciated.

rednax March 10th, 2010 04:49 PM

Yes you are correct. You need only one card for Commons and Uniques, but multiple cards for Uncommons.

Cavalier March 10th, 2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanScape (Post 1034854)
EPIC misunderstanding on my behalf!...yet I've read these answers, and I'm still confused, as the first says that all I need is one card no matter how many common units I have, and the last one says I need one card per squad. I'm missing something here...does anybody know where in the rules is makes this clear?

I always thought that, let's use the Stingers again, that if I wanted to play four squads of them, I had to pick four army cards, and identify each squad to a card (usually by colour). To activate a certain squad, I needed individual order markers on them.

Now, are you saying that I could still have those four squads of Stingers, yet only ONE card?...and to play any four individual figures, I just place ONE order marker on that card, and move any four of my twelve Stinger figures? ...if that's the case, WOW have we been playing wrong!!!

Thanks for the help, again!..if someone can finalize my interpretation of this rule, that would be very much appreciated.

That is absolutely correct.

Marro Divider #4 March 10th, 2010 04:59 PM

yeah, I never understood uncommon vs common until now...

cereal crusher March 10th, 2010 04:59 PM

Stingers are a squad of three, not four. Other than that you're right.

killercactus March 10th, 2010 05:05 PM

A bit more clarification now that you've got the main idea....

One OM on your Stingers allows you to activate any 3 of them. You only need one army card. You still must attack with the same 3 that you move.

If you only choose to move 2 of them, you must attack with those 2, but then can attack with any Stinger that did not move. You don't have to declare which non-moving Stinger is attacking before you attack - you can wait until the other 2 have attacked and then choose the one that best fits the situation.

Make sense?

CanScape March 10th, 2010 05:21 PM

Thanks for the explanation!...I found the rule on the SotM rules, page 8. How could I have missed this? A bit more about the cards...if you have multiple squads, then you really don't need more than one army card, correct? That's good because it saves table space.

But then, I'd say that the immortal DUND becomes quite a bit more useful against armies with multiple squads...just hit em' with a gaze, and you seriously mess with your opponents plans!

The whole "must attack with figures you move" is also a bit different...we've played attacking is optional, it just made more sense. I'm going to go back and re-read the rules, apparently I could use it!:lol:

Cavalier March 10th, 2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanScape (Post 1034914)
Thanks for the explanation!...I found the rule on the SotM rules, page 8. How could I have missed this? A bit more about the cards...if you have multiple squads, then you really don't need more than one army card, correct? That's good because it saves table space.

But then, I'd say that the immortal DUND becomes quite a bit more useful against armies with multiple squads...just hit em' with a gaze, and you seriously mess with your opponents plans!

The whole "must attack with figures you move" is also a bit different...we've played attacking is optional, it just made more sense. I'm going to go back and re-read the rules, apparently I could use it!:lol:

It doesn't mean you have to attack, just that if you do attack it has to be with those that moved.