Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Poll: Most Popular Unannounced Characters (for 2022) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55459)

IAmBatman April 16th, 2019 04:19 PM

Re: Poll: Most Popular Unannounced Characters

We have at least some inter-franchise stuff we've worked on/are starting to work on, though (Doctor Who, Masters of the Universe, and Transformers are all in their fledgling stages, and G.I. Joe is planned as a project, but awaiting Clix).

Lazy Orang April 17th, 2019 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2273607)
We have at least some inter-franchise stuff we've worked on/are starting to work on, though (Doctor Who, Masters of the Universe, and Transformers are all in their fledgling stages, and G.I. Joe is planned as a project, but awaiting Clix).

Not to mention Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Aliens, Predator, various horror movie slashers, plans for Gargoyles etc..

IAmBatman April 17th, 2019 07:55 AM

We need more Alien. And Robocop.

Lazy Orang April 17th, 2019 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2273774)
We need more Alien. And Robocop.

I really need to get around to rewatching Aliens so I can collaborate with Hellfire....

ProfessorShananigans April 17th, 2019 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Orang (Post 2273766)
Quote:

Not to mention Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Aliens, Predator, various horror movie slashers, plans for Gargoyles etc..

Yes! I would love to also have a hand in further Mortal Kombat designs! I need some Quan-Chi!

By the way, who is the person that does the initial baseline custom creations? I'm talking about the physical modifications needed to make the figures... the tutorials are always very informative and straightforward. The paint jobs and modifications often leave something visually to be desired, but I'm always impressed by the ingenuity of the initial design (if not so much the execution of it). Also, I realize these are being put forth as easy-to-make figures for the less craftily-inclined.

I like the challenge of seeing how I can make these customs my own... for Sub-Zero, I iced up his hands with some blue and white dry-brushing, and then threw some Ardcoat on top to make the ice look shiny. For Scorpion I plan so get a very tiny chain link necklace to wrap around his arm (and attach to his kunai). For Reptile, I plan to paint him in mid transition to going invisible!

Lazy Orang April 17th, 2019 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorShananigans (Post 2273779)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Orang (Post 2273766)
Quote:

Yes! I would love to also have a hand in further Mortal Kombat designs! I need some Quan-Chi!

By the way, who is the person that does the initial baseline custom creations? I'm talking about the physical modifications needed to make the figures... the tutorials are always very informative and straightforward. The paint jobs and modifications often leave something visually to be desired, but I'm always impressed by the ingenuity of the initial design (if not so much the execution of it). Also, I realize these are being put forth as easy-to-make figures for the less craftily-inclined.

I like the challenge of seeing how I can make these customs my own... for Sub-Zero, I iced up his hands with some blue and white dry-brushing, and then threw some Ardcoat on top to make the ice look shiny. For Scorpion I plan so get a very tiny chain link necklace to wrap around his arm (and attach to his kunai). For Reptile, I plan to paint him in mid transition to going invisible!

The MK ones were done by @Arkham . @Soundwarp SG-1 does a number of others.
I'd love to see what you end up doing (and hopefully info on how you did it! :))

Karat April 17th, 2019 12:08 PM

Yea the mods are a variation of several people. Really, it just depends on the design and who has an idea of and the gumption to piece the character together.

ProfessorShananigans April 17th, 2019 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karat (Post 2273852)
Yea the mods are a variation of several people. Really, it just depends on the design and who has an idea of and the gumption to piece the character together.

Nice! I would be great at that! My only problem is getting carried away and being a perfectionist... which would result in an end product that might not be so easy to replicate for the less experienced crafter.

IAmBatman April 17th, 2019 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorShananigans (Post 2273966)
Quote:

Nice! I would be great at that! My only problem is getting carried away and being a perfectionist... which would result in an end product that might not be so easy to replicate for the less experienced crafter.

Heh, maybe you should just open up shop and sell our mods to folks. :-P It's something I could see myself in the market for eventually, as I'm not terribly crafty.

Tornado April 17th, 2019 08:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Any thoughts on a mod for Golgotha?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2224227)

IAmBatman April 18th, 2019 08:48 AM

Start with a T-Rex action figure. Cut off Ghost Rider's head. Superglue Ghost Rider's head to the T-Rex's thigh. Done. :-P

ProfessorShananigans April 19th, 2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2273970)
Quote:

Quote:

Heh, maybe you should just open up shop and sell our mods to folks. :-P It's something I could see myself in the market for eventually, as I'm not terribly crafty.

I was actually just thinking about how I should start producing and selling custom miniatures again. Never even dawned on me to sell to the Heroscape crowd (as all my old clients were clixers). Send me a PM with some ideas for customs you'd be interested and we can go from there!

If you'd like to check out some of my work, head to my old Facebook page for my clix customs (just search "Heroclix Customs by Professor S" in the FB search bar). Please like the page if you can and comment on any pieces you really dig!