Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Stepford Cuckoo (Celeste) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=38822)

SirGalahad December 5th, 2011 10:39 AM

The Book of Stepford Cuckoo (Celeste)

The Book of Stepford Cuckoo (Celeste)

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 32
PREP SCHOOL PSYCHICS

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Mutations and Monsters set.
Its model numbers and names are #009, #101 / Cuckoo, Esme Cuckoo.
Character Bio- Cloned from ova cells harvested from Emma Frost, the five sisters - Celeste, Esme, Mindee, Phoebe and Sophie - were originally created to be weapons powerful enough to kill every mutant by combining their telepathic abilities.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • NA

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:_________________________________________________________________

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

SirGalahad December 5th, 2011 10:39 AM

Re: Stepford Cuckoo - Design

NAME = STEPFORD CUCKOO
IDENTITY = CELESTE

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TELEPATH
PERSONALITY = FEARFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 80

SHARED MIND
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with this Stepford Cuckoo, you may take a turn with any other Stepford Cuckoo you control.

COMBINED TELEPATHY SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3. Attack 3 + Special.
Stepford Cuckoo does not need clear line of sight to attack with this special attack. Roll 1 additional attack die for each Telepath you control within 3 spaces of this Stepford Cuckoo that is either engaged with the defending figure or unengaged. Destructible objects and figures with the Mental Shield special power are not affected by this special attack.

MENTAL SHIELD
An opponent may never take temporary or permanent control of this Stepford Cuckoo.

tcglkn December 5th, 2011 11:02 AM

I like it, but Griffin's gonna hate it.

Should Androids be affected by a telepathic SA?

SirGalahad December 5th, 2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 1523822)
I like it, but Griffin's gonna hate it.

Should Androids be affected by a telepathic SA?

Why, it's just a much scaled down version of White Martian?

Why not? Androids are affected by every other telepathic attack - Prof X, Psylocke, White Martian.

tcglkn December 5th, 2011 11:16 AM

Griffin hated the idea of designing the Stepford Cuckoos as Uncommon Heroes.

It was just a suggestion, I don't think a telepathic attack should affect something without a brain, but I guess we're just following a standard now.

SirGalahad December 5th, 2011 11:35 AM

In my readings, I can't really find anything different enough about them to differentiate them as separate Unique Heroes. I mean they are identical. Would we rather have a squad of 5? That would be unique. :wink:

Plus, the cap of 5 isn't arbitrary, there were only 5 of them.

tcglkn December 5th, 2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1523817)
QUINTUPLETS
The maximum number of Stepford Cuckoos you may control is 5.

SHARED MIND
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of taking a turn with this Stepford Cuckoo, you may take a turn with any other Stepford Cuckoo you control.

I really like the design being uncommon with a limit to it. Maybe we could combine these two powers into one like this:

TELEPATHIC QUINTUPLETS
The maximum number of Stepford Cuckoos you may control is 5. After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of taking a turn with this Stepford Cuckoo, you may take a turn with any other Stepford Cuckoo you control.

IAmBatman December 5th, 2011 12:34 PM

Yeah, I was thinking we could combine the first two powers as well. :-) That's the only real change I'd push for here. I like it.
A squad of five would be a lot of fun, but I could see the argument against them having 1 life, so this way totally works for me too.
Also, one text tweak suggestion on the special attack. I know this is implied since it's a special attack on this card, but just to be safe ...

COMBINED TELEPATHY SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3 + Special.
When this Stepford Cuckoo uses this special attack, roll 1 additional attack die for each Stepford Cuckoo you control within 5 spaces of this Stepford Cuckoo. Figures with the Mental Shield special power and destructible objects are not affected by this special attack.

Griffin December 5th, 2011 02:00 PM

Tcglkn is right. I hate it. :p

I feel that creating a power that caps how many you can draft is is the weird way of going about just creating 5 of them. They do each have their own personality, and I feel that if a character in the comics has a name, we should make it unique with a name as well.

I prefer designing each of these girls as Unique Heroes.

Good Pig December 5th, 2011 02:09 PM

I like the uncommon hero approach. :up: Also agree with the suggestions Bats and tickle made. Special attack is very cool.

Was thinking it would be nice to have a subtle tie in with Emma Frost. The best thing I can think of is requiring one of their powers to need clear sight and then Emma will have that Telepathic Link power that omael suggested that would give them all clear sight.

One other thing, their stats seem really good for 80 points. Might lower them to attack 3 and defense 4. Would be nice if they were a little weaker than Emma or Jean Grey individually, but when they team up they can do some damage with that special.

tcglkn December 5th, 2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Good Pig (Post 1523925)
One other thing, their stats seem really good for 80 points. Might lower them to attack 3 and defense 4. Would be nice if they were a little weaker than Emma or Jean Grey individually, but when they team up they can do some damage with that special.

:up: I would prefer an attack/defense of 3/4 here.

A3n December 5th, 2011 04:28 PM

I thought a Unique Squad of either 5 or 3 would have been the best approach. I don't really think they should be all individual heroes at all. They are all the same after all, hence their collective name.