Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Batman (Bruce Wayne) (Justice League - II) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=58800)

Arkham March 12th, 2021 10:46 AM

The Book of Batman (Bruce Wayne) (Justice League - II)

The Book of Batman (Bruce Wayne) (II)

C3G DC WAVE 39
JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...manV_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...tmanV_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the 15th Anniversary Elseworlds set.
Its model number and name are #001, 014, 026, 101 / Batman.

Character Bio - After years of fighting to stamp out crime and corruption in Gotham, often concluding in high profile events, Batman became globally known as a respected defender of the people of Gotham. So when threats to the Earth itself arrived, it didn't take long for other heroes on Earth to seek out his help and support in stopping these global threats to humanity. While initially a reluctant member of the Justice League, he came to value the need of such an organization and made several valuable contributions to its success. While not possessing super powers like most of the other members, his tactical mind and dedication to being fully prepared ensured the group would preform together at a high level. Never overly trusting, Batman also used his membership in the League to keep tabs on and learn more about these other 'heroes' of Earth just in case he should ever need to bring one down.

-Rulings and Clarifications-_________________________________________________________________

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • As a Batman, Batman may trigger Joker's (I) It's Just Not The Same... special power when he is destroyed.
  • As a figure with a secret identity, Batman interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a Human, Batman interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a Champion, Batman interacts differently with these special powers.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Arkham March 12th, 2021 10:47 AM

Re: The Book of Batman (Bruce Wayne) (JL II) (Breathing)

NAME = BATMAN
SECRET IDENTITY = BRUCE WAYNE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHAMPION
PERSONALITY = DRIVEN

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 190

AT THE READY
Start the game with a Glyph of Bat-Grapple on this card. Batman cannot lose this glyph by receiving wounds unless he is destroyed. Instead of moving normally with a friendly Unique Hero, Batman may move or use his Bat-Grapple. Once per round, after using At the Ready, Batman may attack a figure engaged with that Hero.

ASSESS WEAKNESS 11
Before moving with Batman, you may choose a figure within 2 clear sight spaces and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher and Batman attacks the chosen figure with his normal attack this turn, it subtracts 3 from its Defense number, or 6 from its Defense number if it is a destructible object.

NERVE PUNCH
When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled. If Batman inflicts one or more wounds on an adjacent Unique Hero with a normal attack, you may immediately remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random from the defending figure's Army Card.

Arkham March 12th, 2021 10:47 AM

Comic:

Background:

Arch-vile March 12th, 2021 10:51 AM

I’m a fan. :up: It’s cool to see slightly weaker versions of the JL heroes since they are portrayed as weaker when they team up.

IAmBatman March 12th, 2021 12:23 PM

I think he may actually pair well with Cyborg (JL) in that you want to get him up close in the action and then win initiative so you can get that turn 1 bat grapple then nerve punch in.

Arkham March 12th, 2021 12:42 PM

Yeah, will be nice to get Cyborg more involved. Hoping the planned direction for Hal accomplishes that as well. Red Tornado def. loves him.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch-vile (Post 2453348)
I’m a fan. :up: It’s cool to see slightly weaker versions of the JL heroes since they are portrayed as weaker when they team up.

Also makes for some nice army building variety/variability. It was hard to get Superman, Martian Manhunter, or the Lanterns into 1000 point JL armies usually, so having lower point options should help. Also means you can typically squeeze in just a little more to armies which is nice, given at one point JL was considered "a 1600+ point games faction to be effective". Very happy we've worked down from that.

Personally, I still haven't found the Batman for me, either. I like JL Batman as a support in JL armies, but I have yet to play a Batman that I want to draft often, especially outside of specific synergies. Getting a generalist that can work with the Avengers etc. sounds fun. Hoping to accomplish a bit of that here.

japes March 12th, 2021 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkham (Post 2453375)
Personally, I still haven't found the Batman for me, either. I like JL Batman as a support in JL armies, but I have yet to play a Batman that I want to draft often, especially outside of specific synergies. Getting a generalist that can work with the Avengers etc. sounds fun. Hoping to accomplish a bit of that here.

Ah..that's cool. That makes a bit more sense.

tcglkn March 12th, 2021 01:41 PM

I personally still like the first Batman for generalist stuff. But this design is solid and I like the 190 price point.

IAmBatman March 12th, 2021 01:48 PM

I like all Batmans.

Arkham March 13th, 2021 04:19 PM

Re: The Book of Batman (Bruce Wayne) (JL II) (Vote 4 Initial

I propose a vote to move to Initial Playtesting.

Ronin March 13th, 2021 04:29 PM

yea

Intended that he can roll for Assess Weakness on his At the Ready move/attack? Honestly not sure if that works or not with current wording; might end up needing to clarify it.

Arkham March 13th, 2021 04:41 PM

It is intended that he would be able to do so, yes. I think since Assess Weakness just says "before moving" rather than "before moving normally", and At the Ready says you may "move Batman with his Bat-Grapple", should cover it. But no problem clarifying if needed.