Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

JC McMinis June 7th, 2012 11:04 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

I like it myself a little paint and it could be made to look like fur..but enough on the miniature. Whats left for Aslan? Point value?

Porkins June 7th, 2012 11:38 PM

Wow, lots of cool stuff in here. I haven't poked my head in for a while.

I think for Aslan I would change the power names back to My Life For Yours for the first power and The Deep Magic for the second power rather than The Deeper Magic. Aslan tells Lucy and Susan after his ressurrection that the Witch did not know about The Deep Magic. He did not say that she didn't know about The Deeper Magic.

McHotcakes June 8th, 2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkins (Post 1622960)
I think for Aslan I would change the power names back to My Life For Yours for the first power and The Deep Magic for the second power rather than The Deeper Magic. Aslan tells Lucy and Susan after his ressurrection that the Witch did not know about The Deep Magic. He did not say that she didn't know about The Deeper Magic.

It's been a while since I read the book or seen the movie but I'm pretty sure he does talk about the deeper magic. The White Witch knew that the deep magic would let Aslan sacrifice himself but she didn't know that the deeper magic would let him come back to life.

So I'd leave the names of the powers as they are for now.

Porkins June 8th, 2012 08:45 PM

Good call, I remembered it wrong. We have audio CD's and listen to them in the car frequently (almost incessantly) so I thought my memory was up to speed. But you got me curous so I went and looked it up. Here is the quote:

"But what does it all mean?" asked Susan...

"It means," said Aslan, "that though the Witch knew the Deep Magic, there is a magic deeper still which she did not know...She would have known that when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards..."

tcglkn June 8th, 2012 09:04 PM

Magic Deeper Still would be a cool power title. 8)

Porkins June 8th, 2012 09:30 PM

:thumbsup:

JC McMinis June 11th, 2012 12:05 AM

I agree as well. If we can get an updated draft and then discuss point value and then get a card made we can this train a rollin again.

johnny139 June 14th, 2012 12:35 PM

(Not to digress from your fun Aslan discussion, I thought you guys might like to know that ASSASSIN'S CREED HEROCLIX is coming. Kind of a big picture, but... looks like you'll have an Ezio to use!)

Taeblewalker June 14th, 2012 05:43 PM

I love the work that's been done on Aslan - a very difficult figure to do right.

machinekng June 17th, 2012 06:29 PM

I still like the Blessed Hunter. I know it has those bone protrusions, but I like its pose, and it being a DnD mini, it's prepainted and affordable.

Aslan
Jandar

Lion
Unique Hero
Lord
Merciful
Large 6 (?)

Life 6
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 4

Inspiring Roar
After revealing an order marker on this card and taking a turn with Aslan, all figures you control within 3 spaces of Aslan may move up to 3 spaces. For the duration of the round, All figures within 3 spaces of Aslan may add 1 die to their defense.

The Deep Magic
If a Unique Hero you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Aslan would receive enough wounds to be destroyed, you may immediately move Aslan adjacent to that figure. Remove all wound markers from the Unique Hero's card and destroy Aslan. When Aslan moves with My Life For Yours he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Magic Deeper Still
Before placing Order Markers for any round after Aslan has been destroyed by My Life For Yours, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, remove all wound markers from this Army Card and place Aslan in your starting zone.

SirGalahad June 17th, 2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machinekng (Post 1627598)
I still like the Blessed Hunter. I know it has those bone protrusions, but I like its pose, and it being a DnD mini, it's prepainted and affordable.

Aslan
Jandar

Lion
Unique Hero
Lord
Merciful
Large 6 (?)

Life 6
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 4

Inspiring Roar
After revealing an order marker on this card and taking a turn with Aslan, all figures you control within 3 spaces of Aslan may move up to 3 spaces. For the duration of the round, All figures within 3 spaces of Aslan may add 1 die to their defense.

The Deep Magic
If a Unique Hero you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Aslan would receive enough wounds to be destroyed, you may immediately move Aslan adjacent to that figure. Remove all wound markers from the Unique Hero's card and destroy Aslan. When Aslan moves with My Life For Yours The Deep Magic, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Magic Deeper Still
Before placing Order Markers for any round after Aslan has been destroyed by My Life For Yours, The Deep Magic, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, remove all wound markers from this Army Card and place Aslan in your starting zone.

minor edits

mac122 June 17th, 2012 07:30 PM

Here's a draft version of the card using the latest wording from SirG. If everything is OK, then all you need is to set a point cost.

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...20HR/ASLAN.jpg