Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Confred May 9th, 2015 01:07 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Sorry to nitpick, but could you indent the bullet points?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2019995)

Original mock up for example.

And I'm not certain I care, but your Valkril card is much darker than the MSE one.

McHotcakes May 9th, 2015 02:51 PM

I always preferred the darker Valkrill cards myself. I'll give Dexter a :thumbsup:

JC McMinis May 9th, 2015 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2020222)
And I'm not certain I care, but your Valkril card is much darker than the MSE one.

Not a problem
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...psqc5j4bhe.jpg
Also thecard is the one mac provided me with when he sent me his mse bundle.

mac122 May 9th, 2015 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2020259)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2020222)

Not a problem
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...ps6rksnokw.jpg

Also thecard is the one mac provided me with when he sent me his mse bundle.

The Hi-Res version of the Valkrill blank is darker than some of the other lower resolution blanks.

Confred May 9th, 2015 09:27 PM

Code Of Harry ... attacking Utgar figures..

:boxing:

JC McMinis May 10th, 2015 07:13 AM

Thanks for pointing that out Confred...corrected in the post above :D

Confred May 10th, 2015 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 2019449)
Here is the list from the OP:
@Balantai
@Lamaclown
@JC McMinis
Taeblewalker
@mac122
@Machineking
@McHotcakes
@Confred

On that list, I'm pretty sure Balantai and Llamaclown are not active. And mac is stepping down. So that means we can add
@TREX and @Dysole pretty easily.

I propose a new order:
@JC McMinis
@TREX
@Dysole
Taeblewalker
@Machineking
@McHotcakes
@Confred

Dexter Morgan has been finalized with four votes.

The next designer according to the new list, is JC McMinis.

TREX May 11th, 2015 12:10 AM

Awesome, just got done laminating my Dexter and Capn Jack cards.
I'm anxious to see what you guys want to do next.

Taeblewalker May 11th, 2015 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2020420)
Awesome, just got done laminating my Dexter and Capn Jack cards.
I'm anxious to see what you guys want to do next.

It's also time for you to start thinking about who you want to do, since your next in line. ;)

JC McMinis May 11th, 2015 04:53 PM

Ok seeing as it is my turn and my last submission was for one of my daughters, I now give you a submission for one of my sons. I have not had a chance tofind the appropriate miniature for him, but will look later tonight.

Percy Jackson
Perseus "Percy" Jackson is the title character and narrator of Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson & the Olympians series.
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...psnpgnnimt.png

I already have a rough card drafted out, but want to hear any suggestions you might have before I put up my first draft.

Taeblewalker May 11th, 2015 05:27 PM

I imagine a Water Strength power like the Water Elemental would be appropriate. Doesn't he have the shoes of Hermes, giving him the flying power? And we might want to give him a special attack based on water. There's also the possibility of giving him Zeus' lightning bolt, which could be a glyph.

JC McMinis May 11th, 2015 06:59 PM

He was loaned the shoes of Hermes but did not keep them.

Dysole May 11th, 2015 07:48 PM

I Need Something

I am only barely familiar with the character. Can you give me a basic synopsis of powers?

~Dysole, who will wikipedia it later

TREX May 11th, 2015 08:07 PM

Water regeneration, Also like Teablewalker's suggestion of water elemental, summoned or bonding. He does have some kind of sword right, and I'm not sure about lightning bolt because he is the son of posieden. He is the lightning thief though right. Its been awhile since I seen the show. Very cool idea. props.

Confred May 11th, 2015 09:29 PM

Re: I Need Something

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2020603)
I am only barely familiar with the character. Can you give me a basic synopsis of powers?

~Dysole, who will wikipedia it later

Yes please
Give us some brainstorming, some thinking out loud
Some description of the character

JC McMinis May 11th, 2015 10:48 PM

Ok I will post my first draft and you guys can help me adjust/brainstorm from there.

Percy Jackson
Aquilla

Demigod
U. Hero
Warrior
Valiant

Son of Posiedon
If Percy is on a water space, he rolls 2 additional attack dice, cannot take an automatic wound from any ability on any Army Card or Glyph, and when rolling defense dice 1 shield will block all damage. Percy Jackson does not have to stop his movement when entering water.

Water Mastery
If Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space you may add 3 to his range, Any friendly elemental who follows Aquilla within 3 spaces of Percy count as a water space.

Water Healing
After taking a turn with Percy Jackson, if he is on a water space, you may remove a wound marker from this Army Card or the Army Card of any friendly figure adjacent to Percy.

Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Dysole May 11th, 2015 11:04 PM

Water You Doing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2020652)
Ok I will post my first draft and you guys can help me adjust/brainstorm from there.

Percy Jackson
Aquilla

Demigod
U. Hero
Warrior
Valiant

Son of Posiedon
If Percy is on a water space, he rolls 2 additional attack dice, cannot take an automatic wound from any ability on any Army Card or Glyph, and when rolling defense dice 1 shield will block all damage. Percy Jackson does not have to stop his movement when entering water.

Water Mastery
If Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space you may add 3 to his range, Any friendly elemental who follows Aquilla within 3 spaces of Percy count as a water space.

Water Healing
After taking a turn with Percy Jackson, if he is on a water space, you may remove a wound marker from this Army Card or the Army Card of any friendly figure adjacent to Percy.

Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Water Mastery is a power name that is on the Water Elemental with different power text so that should be changed. I'll have more thoughts later.

~Dysole, who will chime in after wikipediaing

laughing matter May 11th, 2015 11:16 PM

Ok, some thoughts on Percy Jackson from a long time fan.

1. The first thing that needs to be determined is when in Percy's demigod career is this? His powers significantly increase as he gets older, and that is important to determine what he can and should actually do.
i.e. Earlier in his career he relied more on swordsmanship because he didn't have much water power, but as I said before, his power dramatically increase with age along with his sword skill.

2. Percy would fight for Jandar. No question.

3. His personality should be Tricky.

4. The healing thing Is basically only in the movies, and I believe he only does it to himself

5. while I'm talking about the movies, this Percy Jackson should be based on the books. He's more powerful in the books, and the first movie was just awful. The second wasn't bad, but the biggest problem over all is that it always seems like the series could end right after each movie.

6. I really have no idea what that first power is supposed to be. :confused:

TREX May 11th, 2015 11:19 PM

The Son of Posiedon ability is quite powerful. I like the Water healing ability, I think it captures the theme well. What do you think about Water Regeneration as the title.
With the Son of Posiedon ability, I like the not stopping in water move, The one shield block is a bit powerful with him being able to heal. As far as not taking any automatic wounds on water, I think he should be able to, but maybe subtract from the attacking figures 20 die roll. Not sure yet on the attack die bonus, see how much we want this guy to be worth pointwise. I also like the water elemental thing. Percy jackson is not a powerhouse, he gets hurt fairly often, but does heal on water, and can manipulate water being the son of Posiedon.

Confred May 11th, 2015 11:23 PM

Goodness. I didn't realize the child was that powerful. (I know only minimal of the character)
He's like Marvelscape powerful.
I'm on my phone now. I'll have my proper input in a day or so

TREX May 11th, 2015 11:27 PM

Water Regeneration- after taking a turn with Percy Jackson, if he is on a water space, you may remove a wound marker from this Army Card. Or
Water Regeneration- after taking a turn with Percy Jackson, if he is on a water space, roll the 20 sided die.
If you roll a 1-4 nothing happens,
If you roll a 5-11 remove 1 wound.
If you roll a 12-19 remove 2 wounds.
If you roll a 20 or higher remove all wounds.

Percy Jackson usually only heals himself in the water if I'm not mistaken.

Son of Posiedon

If Percy is on a water space, he rolls 1 additional attack and 1 additional defense die. When a figure targets him with a 20 sided die roll, he may add or subtract 5 from their die roll. Percy Jackson does not have to stop his movement when entering water.

Something like that, maybe said a little better. That way he's not superman on water. You could always give him some kind of range with a Lightning bolt treasure glyph . Zeus's Lightning Bolt. Anyway my two cents.

laughing matter May 11th, 2015 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2020658)
Goodness. I didn't realize the child was that powerful. (I know only minimal of the character)
He's like Marvelscape powerful.
I'm on my phone now. I'll have my proper input in a day or so

Very. He can create storms, tidal waves, and water constructs almost effortlessly, as well as being an extraordinary sword fighter in the Greek style, a more than capable leader, and (just throwing this in there) dating a girl who is not only the daughter of the goddess his father most dislikes, but a brilliant strategist, and out of his league IMO.

Edit: Also he's not a child, he's about 17 now.

laughing matter May 11th, 2015 11:35 PM

Those are the aspects (minus the girlfriend bit) that a good Percy Jackson design should highlight. Also if the healing is a must have for you, then you should go with the first one @TREX

Confred May 11th, 2015 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laughing matter (Post 2020663)

Very. He can create storms, tidal waves, and water constructs almost effortlessly, as well as being an extraordinary sword fighter in the Greek style, a more than capable leader, and (just throwing this in there) dating a girl who is not only the daughter of the goddess his father most dislikes, but a brilliant strategist, and out of his league IMO.

Edit: Also he's not a child, he's about 17 now.

Fun fact. The only scene from any of the movies I've seen was Percy meeting who I imagine is that daughter. That same day I saw a very NSFW and impressive animated gif of that same actress in a scene from the show True Detective - I had to discontinue watching the movie at that point. Couldn't unsee lol

JC McMinis May 11th, 2015 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laughing matter (Post 2020654)
Ok, some thoughts on Percy Jackson from a long time fan.

1. The first thing that needs to be determined is when in Percy's demigod career is this? His powers significantly increase as he gets older, and that is important to determine what he can and should actually do.
i.e. Earlier in his career he relied more on swordsmanship because he didn't have much water power, but as I said before, his power dramatically increase with age along with his sword skill.
Ok what I know is based off the movies and Wikipedia

I put him with Aquilla because I though he would fit her as she has the water elementals.

A lot of his actions seem awful Valiant to me

4. The healing thing Is basically only in the movies, and I believe he only does it to himself
Wikipedia mentions him having a healing factor and in the movie I specifically remember him healing a cut on on the girls finger

6. I really have no idea what that first power is supposed to be. :confused: That is supposed to represent his increased strength while in the water.

How is this

Percy Jackson
Aquilla

Demigod
U. Hero
Warrior
Valiant

Son of Posiedon
If Percy is on a water space, he rolls 2 additional attack dice and when rolling defense dice 1 shield will block all damage. Percy Jackson does not have to stop his movement when entering water.

Hydokenisis

Water Healing
After taking a turn with Percy Jackson, if he is on a water space, you may remove a wound marker from this Army Card.

Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4[/QUOTE]

laughing matter May 11th, 2015 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2020661)
Water Regeneration- after taking a turn with Percy Jackson, if he is on a water space, you may remove a wound marker from this Army Card.

This is the most thematic ability, and saves the most space. Go with this.

Quote:

Percy Jackson usually only heals himself in the water if I'm not mistaken.
he ONLY heals himself on water, and never anyone else btw.

Quote:

Son of Posiedon
If Percy is on a water space, he rolls 1 additional attack and 1 additional defense die. When a figure targets him with a 20 sided die roll, he may add or subtract 5 from their die roll. Percy Jackson does not have to stop his movement when entering water.
this is basically C3G's water strength ability with a weird d20 control in the water line, that IMO doesn't make sense thematically.

Quote:

Something like that, maybe said a little better. That way he's not superman on water.
He should be Superman on water, or at least Superboy.

Quote:

You could always give him some kind of range with a Lightning bolt treasure glyph . Zeus's Lightning Bolt. Anyway my two cents.
He shouldn't have Zeus's master bolt. He wasn't the actual thief, and he never used it. Also, you guys here at Heroes of Fiction REALLY love treasure glyphs a bit too much.

laughing matter May 12th, 2015 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2020673)
Ok what I know is based off the movies and Wikipedia

then I'm so sorry THAT was your only exposure to Percy

Quote:

I put him with Aquilla because I though he would fit her as she has the water elementals.
Honestly, the water elemental synergy is unthematic, as there are no elementals in his world. He really should be a Jandar unit, as he's pure good.

Quote:

A lot of his actions seem awful Valiant to me

He is specifically stated to be the type of kid who gets in trouble a lot, and greeks are know for their deception and trickery, a fact that is contrasted with the Romans in the second book series quite a bit.

Quote:

Wikipedia mentions him having a healing factor and in the movie I specifically remember him healing a cut on on the girls finger

touche, still it's only a minor cut.

Quote:

6. I really have no idea what that first power is supposed to be. :confused: That is supposed to represent his increased strength while in the water.
Fair enough, though i like the new version better.

Quote:

How is this

Percy Jackson
Aquilla

Demigod
U. Hero
Warrior
Valiant

Son of Posiedon
If Percy is on a water space, he rolls 2 additional attack dice and when rolling defense dice 1 shield will block all damage. Percy Jackson does not have to stop his movement when entering water.

Hydokenisis

Water Healing
After taking a turn with Percy Jackson, if he is on a water space, you may remove a wound marker from this Army Card.

Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4
Better. The only sticking point for me (besides water healing being unnecessary) is Hydrokinesis. Honestly some type of special attack would be better.

The thing is, Percy Jackson is a leader AND a fighter. He should be able to charge into battle with the demigods by his side ready to kick butt, and He should be a force of nature when close to water. Able to batter his opponents like waves on a rock, with literal waves and storms.

Taeblewalker May 12th, 2015 12:19 AM

Instead of an elemental who follows Aquilla, it should probably just say Water Elemental. What happens if someone creates a non-water elemental who follows Aquilla?

Dysole May 12th, 2015 12:24 AM

What I Found

From the Half Blood wiki (note: Spoilers)

Spoiler Alert!

~Dysole, who'll give this a more thorough read later

laughing matter May 12th, 2015 12:32 AM

On the magical items, the only ones that ever appear more than once are the sword and shield.

laughing matter May 12th, 2015 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 2020679)
Instead of an elemental who follows Aquilla, it should probably just say Water Elemental. What happens if someone creates a non-water elemental who follows Aquilla?

He shouldn't be interacting with the elementals at all!!!

JC McMinis May 12th, 2015 06:43 AM

laughing matter makes some very valid points, but much like when making superheroes 'Scape, we are limited to certaib degree. I was trying to reflect Percy's fighting skill in his stats.

Here is another go at it
Percy Jackson
Jandar

Demigod
U. Hero
Warrior
Tricky

Son of Posiedon
If Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space add 1 to his attack and defense. If Percy is on a water space add 2 to his attack and defense. Percy does not have to stop his movement when entering water.

This will reflect Percy's increased strength both near and the in the water.

Hydokenisis Special Attack
Range 2+Special. Attack 2+Special.
If Percy Jackson is with 3 spaces of a water space add 2 to the range and attack of Hydrokenisis Special Attack.

Here we can reflect Percy's ability to both create, control and harden water.

Tactitian
All friendly figures that are adjacent to Percy Jackson add one to their attack and defense.

Here we could reflect his leadership abilities...however I would prefer to use...

Water Healing

Unless Percy becomes the first HoF unit to have 4 abilities.

Life 6
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 5

Did some increases here to further reflect his battle prowess and endurance

Also a side note Dexter has been added to the display thread.

Also what do you think of this for Percy's figure it will obviously need a repaint.

http://shop.strikezoneonline.com/Ite...F67479289.html

TREX May 12th, 2015 01:21 PM

On water he has 7 attack and 7 defense on water, 6 life, gets to regenerate. This guy is never going to die. Unless he's in a desert. Just an observation.

Dysole May 12th, 2015 01:28 PM

Jackson 5

Is he really a 5/5 without water? Tactician feels out of place. Is he really a 6 life monstrosity? Those base stats alone are Eltahale level. 4 attacks of 3 does enough damage to slowly win a war of attrition. As a single attacking figure I can't be super worried about him but I do wonder how beefy he really is. At that current level the lowest I'd be comfortable is 160.

~Dysole, updatingly

Porkins May 12th, 2015 01:35 PM

As he sits now, he's too tied to water and won't be usable on a map without it. How about some powers that aren't water specific such as the tactician angle?

Dysole May 12th, 2015 02:49 PM

Water You Doing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkins (Post 2020766)
As he sits now, he's too tied to water and won't be usable on a map without it. How about some powers that aren't water specific such as the tactician angle?

If he's Olympian Aquaman I'm fine with that. That said, the Dzu-teh and Obsidian Guards indicate that terrain dependent figures are not a bad thing (okay yes they're sucky figures but plug in Water Elemental or Eilan Sidhe and my point still stands)

That said, if we do want to go with something not water based I prefer a multi attacking option like this

GREEK TRAINING

If Percy Jackson kills an opponent's figure with a normal attack, he may attack with his normal attack one additional time.

and think it might be a better fit than Tactician.

If so we could probably combine Son of Poseidon into one ability.

SON OF POSEIDON

If Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space add 1 to his attack and defense. If Percy is on a water space add 2 to his attack and defense. Percy does not have to stop his movement when entering water. After taking a turn with Percy Jackson, if he is on a water space, you may remove a wound marker from this Army Card.

And go with the Hydrokinesis SA to fill out the card. I think I'd be fine keeping him at a 5/5 if he had 4 or 5 life and then we can probably put him at 160.

~Dysole, hydrologically

laughing matter May 12th, 2015 03:48 PM

I just saw this ability in Mera's thread in C3G and thought it could serve as inspiration for the special attack.

AQUAKINESIS
After moving and instead of attacking with Mera, if she is within 2 spaces of a water space, you may choose up to 4 figures within 4 spaces of Mera. One at a time, roll the 20-sided die once for each chosen figure. If you roll 14 or higher, you may either inflict 1 unblockable wound on that chosen figure, or place that chosen figure on any empty space within 4 spaces of its original placement. Figures moved by Aquakinesis do not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Dysole May 12th, 2015 04:00 PM

Possibilities

Quote:

Originally Posted by laughing matter (Post 2020781)
I just saw this ability in Mera's thread in C3G and thought it could serve as inspiration for the special attack.

AQUAKINESIS
After moving and instead of attacking with Mera, if she is within 2 spaces of a water space, you may choose up to 4 figures within 4 spaces of Mera. One at a time, roll the 20-sided die once for each chosen figure. If you roll 14 or higher, you may either inflict 1 unblockable wound on that chosen figure, or place that chosen figure on any empty space within 4 spaces of its original placement. Figures moved by Aquakinesis do not take any leaving engagement attacks.

HYDROKINESIS SPECIAL ATTACK

When Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space, add 2 to the range and attack of Hydrokinesis Special Attack. If a small or medium figure receives one or more wounds from Hydrokinesis Special Attack but is not destroyed, roll the 20 sided die. On a roll of 14 or higher, place that figure on an empty space within 2 spaces of its' original placement. Figures moved by Hydrokinesis Special Attack do not take any leaving engagement attacks.

It's a bit wordy and dropping the boosts could cut it down but I do hesitate about giving him figure movement as that is super powerful (see Shurrak on lava) and doesn't feel super thematic for him to be knocking people into lava. Then again, this is going off of my very limited knowledge so someone else will have to tell me if I'm off base here.

~Dysole, brainstorming

McHotcakes May 12th, 2015 06:16 PM

I'm not very familiar with Percy, I saw both the movies mainly because my gf is a huge fan, so I'm not sure if this idea fits in that well but could we reuse the Magical Equipment power from the Harry Potter card? I know Percy has some magical items he uses, and I apologize if this was brought up earlier, I only have time to leave this comment, I'll read the past couple pages later.

JC McMinis May 12th, 2015 07:30 PM

Alot of good ideas here, keep them coming. I am getting ready for work at the moment and will review any new posts and post a new draft in the a.m.

Confred May 12th, 2015 10:33 PM

I'm at work, but great quote of the wiki. That will go a long way for me in visualizing this guy.
And yes he does sound very much the 7/7 in water. He single handedly takes on Gods and Titans or multiple Demigods attacking him at the same time. He is a match for superheroes. I'm fine with a meaty 300 point or even greater figure
With that said, design lead gets to choose which version and if Percy is weak in the movies, then be it

Confred May 12th, 2015 11:41 PM

Re: What I Found

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2020680)
From the Half Blood wiki (note: Spoilers)

Spoiler Alert!

I remember this character now. The author was on the news years ago. This was originally meant as bed time stories for his son that was discouraged with books because he had both ADHD and Dyslexia, so the dad wrote the traits as actually being super powers, which is a big part of why the series became popular

Thus I think the big three special powers should be
ADHD: punishes the opponent for rolling blanks in combat
Dyslexia: before attacking, swap any two order markers controlled by the same player, you may then look at those markers (tricky and commanding)
Son Of Poseidon: water power

Taeblewalker May 12th, 2015 11:49 PM

Re: Possibilities

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2020782)
Quote:

Originally Posted by laughing matter (Post 2020781)

AQUAKINESIS

When Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space, add 2 to the range and attack of Hydrokinesis Special Attack. If a small or medium figure receives one or more wounds from Hydrokinesis Special Attack but is not destroyed, roll the 20 sided die. On a roll of 14 or higher, place that figure on an empty space within 2 spaces of its' original placement. Figures moved by Hydrokinesis Special Attack do not take any leaving engagement attacks.

It's a bit wordy and dropping the boosts could cut it down but I do hesitate about giving him figure movement as that is super powerful (see Shurrak on lava) and doesn't feel super thematic for him to be knocking people into lava. Then again, this is going off of my very limited knowledge so someone else will have to tell me if I'm off base here.

~Dysole, brainstorming

I think this power works pretty well.

JC McMinis May 13th, 2015 06:06 AM

I lke the modification to Hydrokenisis and the Greek Training Idea how about this though

Percy Jackson
Jandar

Demigod
U. Hero
Warrior
Tricky

SON OF POSEIDON
If Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space add 1 to his attack and defense. If Percy is on a water space add 2 to his attack and defense. Percy does not have to stop his movement when entering water.After taking a turn with Percy Jackson, if he is on a water space, you may remove a wound marker from this Army Card.

GREEK TRAINING
If Percy Jackson destroy's an opponents figure with a normal attack, he may attack one additional time.

Life 6
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 5

Points 175

Also what do you think of this for Percy's figure it will obviously need a repaint.

http://shop.strikezoneonline.com/Ite...F67479289.html[/QUOTE]

Confred May 13th, 2015 10:34 AM

I think the figure is great. I like his pose and after a recolor, it'll look spot on.

After thought, ADHD and DYSLEXIA are so important to the heart of the character that they should be included.

Dysole May 13th, 2015 11:41 AM

I Read Words Good

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2020935)
I think the figure is great. I like his pose and after a recolor, it'll look spot on.

After thought, ADHD and DYSLEXIA are so important to the heart of the character that they should be included.

From what it sounds like it sounds like ADHD and dyslexia while powers are not necessarily the weaknesses they can be in real life (as someone who is 95% certain has ADHD and even if not I know people who have these and I know it's a struggle at times). So I sort of find myself wondering if having such powers won't be confusing (without the provided backstory I would've been very confused). When designing a preestablished character you have to kind of take what they are most known for. I'll admit that I knew about the Poseidon and water control bits long before I find out about ADHD and dyslexia.

Secondly, I have no idea how to thematically represent him being able to read ancient divine Greek and Latin.

So, while it might make sense to include that I think it might be more trouble than it's worth.

~Dysole, who can pretty easily come up with ways to represent ADHD but they feel more like divine supersenses than ADHD.

TREX May 13th, 2015 11:49 AM

The figure looks good, with a repaint. The card looks a bit better with the higher price tag and better wording. No regeneration? With those stats it would be very hard to kill him, but he does do it in the water.

Dysole May 13th, 2015 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2020896)
Percy Jackson
Jandar

Demigod
U. Hero
Warrior
Tricky

SON OF POSEIDON
If Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space, add 1 to his attack and defense. If Percy Jackson is on a water space, add 2 to his attack and defense. Percy Jackson does not have to stop his movement when entering water. After taking a turn with Percy Jackson, if he is on a water space, you may remove a wound marker from this Army Card. NOTE: If we do drop to Percy after the first Percy Jackson we should do it for the whole power.

When Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space, add 2 to the range and attack of Hydrokinesis Special Attack. If a small or medium figure receives one or more wounds from Hydrokinesis Special Attack but is not destroyed, roll the 20 sided die. On a roll of 14 or higher, place that figure on an empty space within 2 spaces of its'its original placement. Figures moved by Hydrokinesis Special Attack do not take any leaving engagement attacks.

GREEK TRAINING
If Percy Jackson destroy's an opponents figure with a normal attack, he may attack one additional time with a normal attack.

Couple wording corrections. Do we want Percy to be able to use Hydrokinesis with Greek Training? That feels a titch odd. If so, we'll want
"with a normal or special attack".

~Dysole, who might be dropping into the wordings person position