Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Marvel News (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   More Marvel Heroscape? When? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=22153)

Dragonranger November 22nd, 2008 09:07 PM

Re: More Marvel Heroscape? When?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Zero83 (Post 713734)
I believe that both HS and MHS have their unique qualities. I enjoy mixing the 2 and creating a hybrid army. I have to say that Thanos and Silver Surfer are my 2 favs, and I destroy others with them. And I think that expanding on the MHS would be a good thing, but it will not overpower the original.

I agree. I mean just think about Captain America leading the Airborne Elite into battle, with his trusted Sgt. Drake Alexander at his side. It's Marvel WWII. Hell for all we know Drake's willingness to be a hero for Jandar's based on his fellow soldier Captain America ^.^ And it's not really overpowered, as even the Captain can be felled by too much range from the Elves, or unable to defend against a charge of samurai or marro.

guido November 22nd, 2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonranger (Post 713935)
Quote:

I believe that both HS and MHS have their unique qualities. I enjoy mixing the 2 and creating a hybrid army. I have to say that Thanos and Silver Surfer are my 2 favs, and I destroy others with them. And I think that expanding on the MHS would be a good thing, but it will not overpower the original.

I agree. I mean just think about Captain America leading the Airborne Elite into battle, with his trusted Sgt. Drake Alexander at his side. It's Marvel WWII. Hell for all we know Drake's willingness to be a hero for Jandar's based on his fellow soldier Captain America ^.^ And it's not really overpowered, as even the Captain can be felled by too much range from the Elves, or unable to defend against a charge of samurai or marro.

Somehow I see the captain leading four squads of 4th Mass more than anything else.

Lank281 November 23rd, 2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guido (Post 713959)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonranger (Post 713935)
Quote:

Somehow I see the captain leading four squads of 4th Mass more than anything else.

Yes, Captain America with four squads of 4th Mass. by his side is the better army, but considering that Steve Rogers/Captain America was a WWII hero, it just looks better visually to pair him up with AE and Sgt. Drake. That's all. Not saying it's the better army, just one that makes a little more sense from a comic point of view.

SuperflyTNT April 8th, 2009 11:58 PM

Found some interesting stuff on BGG

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/31003

I don't follow Marvel much, but I came across this (above). It has pics, descriptions, and some chatter. Don't know that it's news, but it's news to me so I figured I should pass it on.

Cheers,
TNT

Scott April 12th, 2009 02:40 PM

Did you note that those pictures were from Comin Con 2007? Doesn't look like there's any reason there to get your hopes up.

SamRI July 5th, 2009 02:51 AM

I know I'm hoping against hope, but having played Heroclix for awhile and then getting overwhelmed enough to just say forget it, I think Marvel Heroscape was/is loaded with potential. Its really pretty ridiculous how much I wish they would bring out Reinforcements arrive. Punisher is my favorite character and I would love to melt some faces with good ol' Frank.

Sherman Davies July 5th, 2009 09:31 AM

I hear ya - one of the biggest reasons I want Reinforcements Arrive to be released is that I like the Thing-scape sculpt better than any of the ones Heroclix produced, and Ben Grimm is one of my top 5 Marvel characters.

Lank281 July 5th, 2009 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamRI (Post 865050)
I know I'm hoping against hope, but having played Heroclix for awhile and then getting overwhelmed enough to just say forget it, I think Marvel Heroscape was/is loaded with potential. Its really pretty ridiculous how much I wish they would bring out Reinforcements arrive. Punisher is my favorite character and I would love to melt some faces with good ol' Frank.

Yes! Thats exactly what I'm talking about. I could careless for the other characters at this point. I just want to get ahold of The Punisher fig, and a card to go with it, and then WotC can do whatever the hell they want with MHS afterwards.

RabSheila July 7th, 2009 09:01 AM

Same here. Out of all of them I really want Frank Castle. He seems like he would be a perfect fit with either game. And knowing they made him and haven't released him is kind of maddening.

SamIam4191 July 7th, 2009 01:38 PM

More marvel would be cool like Wolverine but they pretty much covered all the main heros in the master marvel set

IAmBatman July 7th, 2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamIam4191 (Post 866646)
More marvel would be cool like Wolverine but they pretty much covered all the main heros in the master marvel set

Disagree. They haven't even close to covered what I consider the main heroes of Marvel.

EternalThanos86 July 7th, 2009 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 866666)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SamIam4191 (Post 866646)

Disagree. They haven't even close to covered what I consider the main heroes of Marvel.

Agreed with Bats.

What about...
Heroes
Mr. Incredible
Cyclops
Jean Gray
Storm
Professor X
Nick Fury
Thor
Adam Warlock (well...maybe not a major hero, but he's in the Thanos comics a lot :-))
Villians
Green Goblin
Magneto
Iron Monger
Juggernaut
Phoenix
Galactus
Blob