Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Events (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Utah Monthlies 2019 (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55440)

BiggaBullfrog December 27th, 2018 04:11 AM

Utah Monthlies 2019

IMPORTANT!! After a request Game Haven and with the holidays coming up, the last three Monthlies (October, November, and December) will NOT be on the last Saturday of the month. Instead the dates will be October 19, November 23, and December 14.

Welcome to
Utah Monthlies: 2019

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...tle_309606.jpg

Come join us in our third year of Monthlies!

Next Up:

UTAH MONTHLY DECEMBER 2019

When: December 14th, 11 AM (Please arrive 10 minutes early to register)

Cost: White Elephant!! This month is less traditional again, but I’ve been excited about it for a while. Your entry fee this month is a prize for the prize table! Please bring a prize that is wrapped (doesn’t have to be fancy — a paper/plastic bag will work as long as you can’t see the prize). It can be Heroscape-related or not, as long as you think it is something everyone will enjoy!
(As a guideline, something around the $5 mark will be great. Of course you can be more generous if you want, but that’s about the amount we’re used to already anyway.)

Format: Bring 2!!
To finish off this great year, bring two 350 point armies! At the start of each game you will roll the d20 against your opponent. Higher roll gets first pick of the four armies (your two and your opponent’s two), or you can choose to defer and let the opponent pick first.
As is Jingle Bell Bash tradition, we’re running smaller point armies and fast maps to allow for quick rounds so we can get more games in!
Pizza will be provided for lunch as that has worked great for Bashes past! When you RSVP, let us know if you’re a vegetarian — otherwise it will be pepperoni all around!
  • Two 350 Point Armies
  • 16 Figure Limit
  • C3V & SoV allowed, Official Marvel allowed
  • Power Glyphs: Unique Attack +1, Move +2, Initiative +8, D20 +1, Wound, Healer
  • Treasure Glyphs: Elixir of Speed, Belt of Giant Strength, Giant Hunter Stone, Ring of Protection, Scarab of Invulnerability, Brooch of Shielding
  • Seven 35-minute Rounds

Raffle: Gotta Catch ‘em All! There are still some figures left on the Gotta Catch ‘em All list, so I’m offering a bounty on them again! If you have at least one of the figures on the list in one of your armies, you’ll be entered into a raffle for a cool prize! (I mean it — I’ll have a good amount of raffle-only prizes this time! It would be awesome if all of the units get checked off! (And yes, I have thought of viable armies for each one of them, so if you want to play one but need ideas and/or the figures, hit me up!))

Gotta Catch ‘Em All List:
Spoiler Alert!

Maps:
Spoiler Alert!

Attendees:
Spoiler Alert!

PLEASE BE SURE TO RSVP so we can be sure to accommodate maps, prizes, pizza!!, etc. for all attendees.

--------------------------------

Utah Monthly Stats
Utah Monthly Maps

2019 Monthlies Archive:
January - Standard 500
February - Teams 650
March - General Wars 555
April - Scraps 350
May - Capture the Flag 455
June - Multiplayer Free-For-All 340
July - Hordes 550
August - Half Heroes 600
September - Random Teams 300
October - NSHD - Reverse-the-Whip 410
November - Assassination 525
December - Jingle Bell Bash - Bring 2 350

2018 Monthlies Thread
2017 Monthlies Thread

Gotta Catch ‘Em All List:
Spoiler Alert!

BiggaBullfrog December 27th, 2018 04:11 AM

Re: Utah Monthlies 2019

UTAH MONTHLY JANUARY 2019

When: January 26th, 11 AM (Please arrive 10 minutes early to register)

Cost: $5 (100% of entree fees go to prize support!!)

Format: Standard 500
We're kicking things off like we usually do: with a nice and easy 500 point, 24 figure format!
  • 500 Point Armies
  • 24 Figure Limit
  • C3V & SoV allowed, Official Marvel allowed
  • Power Glyphs: Unique Attack +1, Move +2, Initiative +8, D20 +1, Wound, Healer
  • Treasure Glyphs: Elixir of Speed, Belt of Giant Strength, Giant Hunter Stone, Ring of Protection, Scarab of Invulnerability, Brooch of Shielding
  • Four 50-minute Rounds

Raffle Prizes: If you have at least one unit from the Gotta Catch ‘em All List in your army, you'll be entered into a raffle for extra prizes!
Gotta Catch ‘em All List
Spoiler Alert!

Maps:
Spoiler Alert!

Standings:
Spoiler Alert!

PLEASE BE SURE TO RSVP so we can be sure to accommodate maps, prizes, etc. for all attendees.

Sir Heroscape December 27th, 2018 12:00 PM

I’m there! Good ol back to the basics, I like it.

EDIT: on the played list I’ve played Sacred Band with Parmenio in last years assassination format.

BiggaBullfrog December 27th, 2018 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape (Post 2244892)
EDIT: on the played list I’ve played Sacred Band with Parmenio in last years assassination format.

Hmmm, I know you did at GenCon, but for our Monthly you're listed with Death Chasers & Co. Inc. Was that just recorded incorrectly? I missed that month so I can't say either way.

Sir Heroscape December 27th, 2018 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog (Post 2244908)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape (Post 2244892)

Hmmm, I know you did at GenCon, but for our Monthly you're listed with Death Chasers & Co. Inc. Was that just recorded incorrectly? I missed that month so I can't say either way.

Oh duh...yes that's right.

BodaciousBlood December 29th, 2018 04:36 PM

if you have more than one of those figures featured, Will you have more than one entry in the special raffle??

Oh and I should be there for the January tourney!

BodaciousBlood December 29th, 2018 04:39 PM

Also, I am curious as to which tourney in the past The Varja was played? I didn’t see him on the list.

BiggaBullfrog December 29th, 2018 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BodaciousBlood (Post 2245139)
if you have more than one of those figures featured, Will you have more than one entry in the special raffle??

I thought about this one, and decided on no -- you can have maximum one entry in the raffle (though I'll be providing a lot of prizes for it!). That way those who want to play a figure that doesn't work with others on the list won't be upstaged by those who pick an army that works with several.
Quote:

Originally Posted by BodaciousBlood (Post 2245139)
Oh and I should be there for the January tourney!

Yay!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by BodaciousBlood (Post 2245140)
Also, I am curious as to which tourney in the past The Varja was played? I didn’t see him on the list.

The Varja has been played twice, once in March 2017 and then in January 2018. I believe both times were by @The Dewk , as the Varja is one of his favorite units.

The Dewk December 29th, 2018 07:32 PM

I understand some of you crushed my niece last monthly. When news of this reached me, I jumped on the first available plane to Utah. I will be attending January's monthly and she will be avenged.
@Leaf_It and @TREX , you will be spared.

TREX December 29th, 2018 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dewk (Post 2245162)
I understand some of you crushed my niece last monthly. When news of this reached me, I jumped on the first available plane to Utah. I will be attending January's monthly and she will be avenged.

My loss to her was worth the smile it put on her face. At that point I didn't care so much about winning anything. Reminded me of playing with my little girl and I just couldn't win. Its cool that you will be back in town to play some scape.

Flash_19 December 29th, 2018 08:09 PM

Quote:

Dewk! You're coming back! Did you convert the Marshall islands to Heroscape??

BiggaBullfrog December 29th, 2018 09:49 PM

Quote:

Our resident champion returns!! It's going to be great to have you around! We've got a lot of new blood I've talked you up to so you've got a name to live up to!