Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Custom Units & Army Cards (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Create-A-Unit 2: Part 6 - Abilities Discussion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=24914)

johnny139 May 15th, 2009 02:56 PM

Create-A-Unit 2: Part 6 - Abilities Discussion

As continued from PART 5...

We'll now be voting on the stats of our figure - Aquilla's Support Hero for Lawmen. He (or she!) is a Unique, Relentless, Human Lawman - which, I suppose, makes sense. Your options come from your fellow users - you can see the choices below.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleOne (Post 819825)
3 Life
7 Move
7 Range
1 Attack
3 Defense

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gold1 (Post 819959)
4 life
5 move
7 range
3 attack
3 defense

Quote:

Originally Posted by NecroBlade (Post 820068)
4 Life
5 Move
8 Range
2 Attack
2 Defense

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messenger (Post 820206)
5 life
5 Move
6 Range
3 Attack
2 Defense

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xn F M (Post 820303)
4 life
5 move
7 range
3 attack
2 defense

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox (Post 820316)
4 Life
5 Move
8 Range
3 Attack
2 Defense

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneralGrievous13 (Post 821716)
5-Life
5 Move
8 Range
3 Attack
2 Defense

Vote for whichever spread you think is best and all that. Poll closes in three days, whereupon we'll ACTUALLY move on to abilities!

EDIT: Alright, so, GeneralGrievous13's stats win! A bit too beefy for my tastes - but in the same vein I had hoped for, so, huzzah.

Our hero is now...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Me. Right now.
Lawman Support Hero - Fights for Aquilla
Human, Unique Hero, Lawman, Relentless
5 Life, 5 Move, 8 Range, 3 Attack, 2 Defense

Gettin' bigger now, ain' he?

Well, now we have our ABILITIES DISCUSSION FINALLY YEAH! In short, nominate and second and such; then, finalize it and give me your "Ability Spread, much like we've done before. You know, list of the abilities and what they do and such. Hopefully I don't need to clarify - oh, but make it obvious this is your NOMINATION and not just discussion. Use bold and red and whatever.

Discussion will end in three days; I'll make a poll then and all. Get workin'!

Xn F M May 15th, 2009 03:14 PM

Re: Create-A-Unit 2: Part 5.5 - Stat Poll

Wooo!!! First place! :woot:

Edit: How the heck does this thread have four votes, and only two views?

johnny139 May 15th, 2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xn F M (Post 822056)

SCIENCE!

By the way, I voted for NecroBlade's version because, for all intents and purposes, it's exactly how I pictured the figure acting - staying back and picking away at his target while the cowboys go do their business. In fact, with that stat spread, I kinda picture him as Lee Van Cleef in For a Few Dollars More; particularly his INTRODUCTION SEQUENCE in the film.

I'm hoping we can give him a twist like that - it fits with Aquilla, in that he looks out for himself and his own wallet, but isn't opposed to teaming up with a good guy (like Clint Eastwood!). He's also pretty relentless - I mean, he ain't stoppin' 'til his target's down, y'know?

I'm hoping we can combine this factor with a "chief lawman" feel; very bounty hunterish, but with a "heroic" style and a badge on his chest

Xn F M May 15th, 2009 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 822069)
By the way, I voted for NecroBlade's version because, for all intents and purposes, it's exactly how I pictured the figure acting - staying back and picking away at his target while the cowboys go do their business. In fact, with that stat spread, I kinda picture him as Lee Van Cleef in For a Few Dollars More; particularly his INTRODUCTION SEQUENCE in the film.

I'm hoping we can give him a twist like that - it fits with Aquilla, in that he looks out for himself and his own wallet, but isn't opposed to teaming up with a good guy (like Clint Eastwood!). He's also pretty relentless - I mean, he ain't stoppin' 'til his target's down, y'know?

I'm hoping we can combine this factor with a "chief lawman" feel; very bounty hunterish, but with a "heroic" style and a badge on his chest

I like the concept (and the movie), but for Aquilla? I'd say he'd be more of an Einar guy myself.

I was thinking something more like Conway Twill from Dead Man as far as the appearence went, but with a strong, confident, and compitent personality.

Aldin May 15th, 2009 04:20 PM

Relentless just shouts "get close and nasty". I went with Messenger's five life/six range combo.

~Aldin, reachin' fer the sky

Killometer May 15th, 2009 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xn F M (Post 822056)

You got my vote!

I was picturing someone like Woodrow Call from the Lonesome Dove series, myself. Especially the Dead Man's Walk or Comanche Moon Woodrow Call-younger but serious and determined.

johnny139 May 15th, 2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xn F M (Post 822091)
I like the concept (and the movie), but for Aquilla? I'd say he'd be more of an Einar guy myself.

Nah - Einar's army is a very stoic group. It's all imperialistic; serve the state, follow your master, die with glory on the battlefield. See, Aquilla - to me, at least - seems like a "ragtag group" type of team. No one really BELONGS, no one really LIKES anyone else, but they work. A bunch of loners and outlaws and general ne'er-do-wells that no other general wants.

See, this is why I wanted a bounty hunter type character - that just screams loner, personally. But as far as lawmen go... I don't honestly like the idea of any of Aquilla's men in a position of power. But they've stretched the definition of "lawman" before; James Murphy may as well be a bandit, and Guilty McCreech is an outright criminal!

So, yeah, that's what I want. Someone who stand alone, but with his friends. A "posse commander" who only works with others because, let's face it, he ain't gonna make it on his own.

But that's just me. I may be running the show, but I don't get to choose the acts. :p

Aldin May 15th, 2009 04:27 PM

I even have my ability concepts down, Posse! and Shootout!.

~Aldin, OK, why?

Gold1 May 15th, 2009 11:04 PM

I voted Xn F M's because I did see what he was talking about with the defense. As a hunter-type I imagined a guy who would shoot you from a range but could also get up close if he needed to.

Rich10 May 16th, 2009 04:04 AM

I see this figure as one who organizes the lawmen. I went with Necroblade because the stats were more like the other lawmen, but with greater range.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aldin (Post 822107)
I even have my ability concepts down, Posse! and Shootout!.

~Aldin, OK, why?

I know what posse is 8) but what is Shootout!.

Lamaclown May 18th, 2009 09:59 AM

Had to go with Xn F M's.
These stats are "normal" enough when compared to the other Lawmen that, IMHO, it will make his special abilities (whatever they may be) really shine.

Xn F M May 18th, 2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 822104)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xn F M (Post 822091)

Nah - Einar's army is a very stoic group. It's all imperialistic; serve the state, follow your master, die with glory on the battlefield. See, Aquilla - to me, at least - seems like a "ragtag group" type of team. No one really BELONGS, no one really LIKES anyone else, but they work. A bunch of loners and outlaws and general ne'er-do-wells that no other general wants.

See, this is why I wanted a bounty hunter type character - that just screams loner, personally. But as far as lawmen go... I don't honestly like the idea of any of Aquilla's men in a position of power. But they've stretched the definition of "lawman" before; James Murphy may as well be a bandit, and Guilty McCreech is an outright criminal!

So, yeah, that's what I want. Someone who stand alone, but with his friends. A "posse commander" who only works with others because, let's face it, he ain't gonna make it on his own.

But that's just me. I may be running the show, but I don't get to choose the acts. :p

I can see your point there, I don't agree, but your reasoning is good and it's a valid opinion.

I think we need to bug WotC to get Truth to write up some more of Thormun's Journal. We really need to know more about Aquilla . . . .