Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Official Units (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Book of Master Win Chiu Woo (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=10401)

tyguy94920 November 5th, 2009 07:16 PM

Re: The Book of Master Win Chiu Woo

I'm surprised this thread only has two pages

And why have half the post been deleted?

I bought the monks a while back, but I have never used them. So I decided that I want to make a Master Woo. I remember seeing a painting guide for making one, but I can't seem to find it. I also would need to print off a card, what is the best printing material?

Killometer November 5th, 2009 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyguy94920 (Post 950414)
I'm surprised this thread only has two pages

And why have half the post been deleted?

I bought the monks a while back, but I have never used them. So I decided that I want to make a Master Woo. I remember seeing a painting guide for making one, but I can't seem to find it. I also would need to print off a card, what is the best printing material?

Cleaning the Books threads

Master Woo reference for repaint

yagyuninja June 25th, 2010 02:11 PM

I played a thousand point game with Woo a couple days ago and he had an INCREDIBLE run. The two squads of monks drafted with him dropped like flies, but he hit the opponent's start zone like a hurricane of fists. When he finally fell to a Quasatch's club, he had left the corpses of 12 british soldiers, 4 mohicans, and Brave Arrow behind him. Around 350 points.

Granted, there was a miraculous round in there where it seemed the 10th couldn't score a skull but nevertheless, it was glorious. Now I'm seriously trying to figure out a good army to use him in without those pansy monks. :)

noname February 10th, 2011 10:15 AM

Does a high resolution front and back scan exist for Woo?

Samuel Brown and Agent Skahen both have awesome scans that are .pdf and are 1610x1528. All I can seem to find for Woo are tiny pixelated .jpg's.

If it doesn't exist, whomever would bring it into existence would be awarded 1 internets and be loved, admired and adored by 'Scapers throughout the universe.

cavebehr February 10th, 2011 08:08 PM

the one problem with woo is if you use the masters influence and they leap over a castle wall they are no longer within clear sight of woo so they would not get the bonus of +1 attack or defense

The Deadliest Warrior February 11th, 2011 09:19 PM

Master Win Chiu Woo is still my most sought-after promotional figure. I have Nerak, Hawthorne, and the Onyx Vipers but I really like playing with the Shaolin Monks and Woo is a nice complement to them who boosts their capabilities somewhat and adds to the Feudal Japan (samurai, ninja, monk)- themed army type.

He's basically a Shaolin Monk Squad member on steroids, with a hyped-up Shaolin Leap and a boosting ability to his fellow Monks (although it is crippled a bit with line-of-sight necessary for it to be useful). Shaolin Assault is always really good.

Master Win Chiu Woo is one of those figures that I've always wanted to play: he's cool and he has substantial survivability and offensive capabilites and has the ability to work well in an army but he doesn't overshadow anything. Hopefully one day I may get to play with him, if I'm lucky. :D

BassistofDoom February 12th, 2011 12:07 AM

Instead of giving the monks the extra spaces for stealth leap, I would've given him bonding where whichever squad of Monks he bonds with receives +1 attack and defense for the turn.

tcglkn February 12th, 2011 06:30 AM

The current Master Woo is more creative. Just adding bonding as a fix would have been lame IMO.

Garada August 19th, 2011 10:58 PM

Just wanted to point out to anyone that wants to play Master Woo but was never able to get one [like myself], I made this CHEAP and EASY Proxy Army Card, which uses a HeroClix 'Boon' figure [from the Indy Clix series]:

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...s/WCW_Boon.jpg

The figure can be purchased for 50 cents or less! He looks pretty cool with the Official Monks too.

Yodaking August 20th, 2011 11:59 AM

That is a pretty nice figure, thanks for the heads up and the card to go with it.

Fi Skirata October 14th, 2012 02:40 PM

Anyone know what colors are used to make him through repainting a normal monk.

flameslayer93 October 14th, 2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fi Skirata (Post 1694854)
Anyone know what colors are used to make him through repainting a normal monk.

Thought its not specific as to what brands/shades are used, this may help.