Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Hogun (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=40639)

Griffin April 18th, 2012 08:35 AM

The Book of Hogun

The Book of Hogun

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 36
ASGARD'S MIGHT

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...ogun_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...Hogun_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Hammer of Thor set.
Its model number and name are #034 / Hogun.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Hammer of Thor: Warriors of Asgard Fast Forces set.
Its model number and name are #002 / Hogun.
Character Bio - Hogun is a member of a trio of Asgardian adventurers consisting of Fandral the Dashing, Hogun the Grim, and Volstagg the Valiant and referred as the Warriors Three. The only thing known about Hogun's past is that he's not an Aesir god like most of the Asgardians. Also, his unnamed homeland was conquered long ago by Mogul of the Mystic Mountain, who slew Hogun's forebears and laid waste to the land.

He is primarily characterized by his brusque, taciturn, and often short-tempered demeanor. He is the brooding pessimist of the group, as opposed to Volstagg's irrepressible good humor and Fandral's brash heroism. He is a fierce and unrelenting warrior, a collector of weaponry and often the voice of reason for the Warriors Three.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:_________________________________________________________________

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Griffin April 18th, 2012 08:35 AM

Re: The Book of Hogun - Designing

NAME = HOGUN

SPECIES = ASGARDIAN
UNIQUENES = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WARRIOR
PERSONALITY = GRIM

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 310

BLUDGEONING STRIKE
When a defending figure receives one or more wounds from Hogun's normal attack, you may inflict one additional wound on it or any figure adjacent to it.

WARRIORS THREE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of taking a turn with Hogun, you may either move up to 3 figures you control that have this special power, or you may attack with up to 3 figures you control that have this special power.

SUPER STRENGTH

tcglkn April 18th, 2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1594859)
BLUDGEONING STRIKE
When a defending figure receives one or more wounds from Hogun's normal attack, you may inflict one additional wound on it or any figure adjacent to it.

WARRIORS THREE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of taking a turn with Hogun, you may either move up to 3 figures you control that have this special power, or you may attack with up to 3 figures you control that have this special power.

I don't think you need additional in Bludgeoning Strike, since that figure hasn't received a wound from Hogun yet this turn it's not an additional wound, it's just a wound.

Warriors Three is a really cool power that I can see being quite devastating at times, just like the Warriors Three should be. :D

Nice streamlined design Griffin. Alone these guys won't be too flashy, but together they can really be a a force to reckon with. Seems perfectly thematic to me. I'll be glad to have these guys to test my Asgardian Warriors with.

Griffin April 18th, 2012 08:51 AM

But that defending figure did receive a wound this turn, in fact, inflicting one or more wounds triggers the additional wound for the turn.

Thanks. I really like how these guys are looking.

Would everyone be OK with me posting the other 2 designs as well, and when Carnage is done just working on these 3 until they are done? They really need to be tested together, as there is no incentive for people to draft just one of these guys.

tcglkn April 18th, 2012 08:54 AM

Ok, I kinda skimmed over "it or an adjacent figure". I read it as you could only choose an adjacent figure to receive the wound.

I wouldn't be against you posting all 3, but they are going to have to be tested one at a time then as a team not unlike the Wrecking Crew.

Griffin April 18th, 2012 08:56 AM

Oh I agree with that, definitely. Finding their value as individuals first, then determining their value as a team in the army tests seems logical to me as well.

IAmBatman April 18th, 2012 09:56 AM

Once Carnage is done, I'd be OK with that. That's only 3 open LDs at once. But ... once Carnage is done. :-P

SP looks good to me! Hopefully none of the remaining Warriors Three have any before/after attacking powers that would trigger in odd ways with the Warriors Three power.

Griffin April 18th, 2012 05:23 PM

FANDRAL

ASGARDIAN

UNIQUE HERO
WARRIOR
DASHING
MEDIUM 5

LIFE 6

MOVE 6
RANGE 1
ATTACK 5
DEFENSE 6

SWORD PLAY
If Fandral attacks an adjacent figure with his normal atack and at least one skull is rolled, he may attack that figure again. He may continue attacking the same adjacent figure, rolling 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack, until you fail to roll a skull.

WARRIORS THREE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of taking a turn with Fandral, you may either move up to 3 figures you control that have this special power, or you may attack with up to 3 figures you control that have this special power.

SUPER STRENGTH

VOLSTAGG

ASGARDIAN

UNIQUE HERO
WARRIOR
VOLUMINOUS
MEDIUM 5

LIFE 7

MOVE 4
RANGE 1
ATTACK 7
DEFENSE 7

MEAT AND MEAD
Start the game with 3 brown Meat and Mead Markers on this card. Any time an Order Marker is revealed on any Army Card, you may immediately remove 1 Meat and Mead Marker from this card and remove up to 2 Wound Markers from this card.

HUNGER PAINS
When Volstagg attacks a figure that is not Tiny, roll one fewer attack die for each Wound Marker on this card.

WARRIORS THREE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of taking a turn with Volstagg, you may either move up to 3 figures you control that have this special power, or you may attack with up to 3 figures you control that have this special power.

SUPER STRENGTH

tcglkn April 18th, 2012 06:18 PM

I thought we had agreed to go with Hunger Pains on Volstagg since it fit the theme so well? I'd really like to see that as a third power on that card at least because I do think it's a perfect power for him.

Griffin April 18th, 2012 06:19 PM

Yeah, sorry. That was an older file that I had. I updated with the current version.

tcglkn April 18th, 2012 06:23 PM

Much better. :up:

Margloth April 18th, 2012 06:56 PM

Volstagg seems waaaaaay too powerful in that write up, but that can be dealt with in his thread.

I wouldn't mind seeing Hogun at 6A/D . These guys are pretty bad mothers. In Siege, he shoots down a heliccarrier with a bow and arrow.