Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Tree of Life (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=59761)

Dr. Jekyll October 9th, 2021 10:05 AM

Re: The Book of Tree of Life/Death (VOTE For Initial)

Would this read a little better?

Quote:

TREE OF LIFE

LIFE - 3
DEFENSE - 6

LIFE AURA

Figures adjacent to this Tree of Life that are not destructible objects add 1 to their Defense number. When a figure starts its turn adjacent to this Tree, add 1 to its Movement number during its turn. When this Tree of Life is destroyed, remove the top and flip this card.

ROOTS TO BRANCHES
While this tree is on the battlefield, whenever a special power on an Army Card refers to an Evergreen Tree, it refers to this Tree of Life as well.
-----------------------------------------

Quote:

TREE OF DEATH

LIFE - 2
DEFENSE - 5

SIZE - HUGE 14

DEATH AURA

Figures adjacent to this Tree of Death that are not destructible objects subtract 1 from their Defense number. When a figure starts its turn adjacent to this Tree, subtract 1 from its Movement number during its turn.
Or is this the best solution?

Quote:

TREE OF LIFE

LIFE - 3
DEFENSE - 6

LIFE AURA

Figures adjacent to this Tree of Life add 1 to their Defense number. When a figure starts its turn adjacent to this Tree, add 1 to its Movement number during its turn. When this Tree of Life is destroyed, remove the top and flip this card. Destructible objects are not affected by this special power.

ROOTS TO BRANCHES
While this tree is on the battlefield, whenever a special power on an Army Card refers to an Evergreen Tree, it refers to this Tree of Life as well.
-----------------------------------------

Quote:

TREE OF DEATH

LIFE - 2
DEFENSE - 5

SIZE - HUGE 14

DEATH AURA

Figures adjacent to this Tree of Death subtract 1 from their Defense number. When a figure starts its turn adjacent to this Tree, subtract 1 from its Movement number during its turn. Destructible objects are not affected by this special power.

Ericth74 October 9th, 2021 10:08 AM

That reads better to me

Tornado October 9th, 2021 10:41 AM

Yea

Tornado October 9th, 2021 10:42 AM

Ericth74 would you be interested in joining the group?

Ericth74 October 9th, 2021 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2484157)
Ericth74 would you be interested in joining the group?

Probably. I would need to know what my obligations would be, but I'm interested.

IAmBatman October 9th, 2021 11:01 AM

I like the top version in what you posted above. The sentence at the end is a bit confusing, since the trees themselves are destructible objects and ARE affected.

yea

As for membership, basically your only responsibility is voting on things, I think?

quozl October 9th, 2021 11:24 AM

Or:

Quote:

Figures adjacent to this Tree of Death that are not destructible objects subtract 1 from their Defense number.
EDIT: Oops! There's a whole page I missed. YEA

...and I thought he was already a member.

Dr. Jekyll October 9th, 2021 01:27 PM

Updated the SP with what I feel is the proper wording and reads well.
Just down to @A3n now. Any objections on your part?

A3n October 9th, 2021 09:02 PM

:up: Reads much better. Yea

Dr. Jekyll October 9th, 2021 09:12 PM

Awesome, this passes!

Ericth74 October 9th, 2021 09:34 PM

Re: The Book of Tree of Life/Death (Waiting on Initial)

Congrats and great job

Dr. Jekyll October 10th, 2021 04:48 PM

Re: The Book of Tree of Life/Death (Waiting on Initial)

PLAYTEST UNIT: Tree of Life/Death
Version Tested
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Custom City Park
Units: Poison Ivy(II), Swamp Thing(II), Floronic Man, Animated Vines (700) VS Bob, Ted, Carol, Ringo, Old One Eye, Cursed Earth X3 (700)

Two Tree of Life DOs were placed on the map as replacements for the two Great Evergreen trees.

Summary:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Custom City Park
Units: FF4 (1000) VS Godzilla (1000)

Two Tree of Life DOs were placed on the map as replacements for the two Great Evergreen trees.

Summary:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Con Special Map
Units: The Wrecking Crew (800) VS The Dark Judges (800)

Summary:
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED DESTRUCTIBLE OBJECT: I may just be excited to see new terrain on the map, but I really enjoyed playing with these trees. Three spaces is a lot of room to take up but offers a nice little area to give that sweet sweet aura off. You can have a total of 9 figures buffed or de-buffed by the trees and I think the aura is just strong enough to enjoy. I found myself podding up around the tree until it was destroyed and then moving away from it. I think the one thing that I wish I would have tested was throwing a figure into the Tree of Death aura and then attacking. So far so good in my eyes.