Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

machinekng June 26th, 2011 12:33 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 (Post 1429754)
Sorry it took so long to post this bad boy. Been a busy weekend. Anyway...
Quote:

Predator
Jandar
Yautja
Common Hero
Predator
Honorable
Medium 6
LIFE 5
MOVE 6 Spaces
RANGE 1 Space
ATTACK 3 Dice
DEFENSE 5 Dice
POINTS (120ish?)
Predator's Stealth
This Predator can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. When this Predator rolls defense dice against an attacking figure who is not adjacent, one shield will block all damage. This Predator may not use this ability on a water space.
Predator's Speed
This Predator can attack at any point before, during, or after its move as long as it is on a space where she could end its movement.
Worthy Prey
When this Predator attacks an adjacent figure with one or more order markers on its army card, add 3 to this Predator's attack value.
Self-Destruct
After moving and instead of attacking, if this Predator has one life left, it may choose to self-destruct. Roll the 20-sided die to determine if any other figures are wounded. If you roll a 1–3, all figures are safe. If you roll a 4–15, each figure within 3 clear line spaces receives 2 wounds. If you roll a 16–19 each figure within 3 clear line spaces receives 4 wounds. If you roll a 20, each figure within 3 clear line spaces receives 8 wounds. After using this power, this Predator is always destroyed.
Comments?

Looks nice.

Comments:

It should be an Uncommon Hero, not a Common Hero.

Could we give it a name. I know that the Predators are divided into at least 2, if not more, clans. I just don't like the fact that its name and class are the same.

Why Jandar? I've always thought of the Predators as more of a Aquilla figure myself, due to their clan structure and their predatory nature (personally, I don't think Jandar would summon anything that kills people for the heck of it).

For Predator's Speed and Predator's Stealth, I would take the Phantom walk aspects of Predator's stealth and incorporate them into Predator's speed, as Predator's Stealth takes place in two different phases (movement and attacking/defending).

Self-destruct looks fine, the precentiles will have to be ironed out.

Should the predator have a ranged attack? I know the Preadator from the second movie used a ranged weapon.

I also think we should all take a look at some of the quality Predator customs out there, namely Annerios's and Sherman Davis's

Taeblewalker June 26th, 2011 12:53 PM

Here's my take on it:

Predator
Vydar

Yautja
Unommon Hero
Predator
Honorable
Medium 6

LIFE 6
MOVE 6 Spaces
RANGE 1 Space
ATTACK 3 Dice
DEFENSE 4 Dice
POINTS (120ish?)

I lowered the Defense, in light of Predator's Stealth. I also increased his Life to 6, since he is pretty tough.

PREDATOR'S STEALTH
This Predator can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. When this Predator rolls defense dice against an attacking figure that is not adjacent, one shield will block all damage. This Predator may not use this ability on a water space.

I thought Predator's Speed wasn't important enough to try to fit it onto the card.

WORTHY PREY
When this Predator attacks an adjacent figure with one or more order markers on its army card, add 3 to this Predator's attack value.

SELF-DESTRUCT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3. Attack 2.
After moving and instead of attacking, if this Predator has one life left, it may choose to self-destruct. Roll two unblockable attack dice. All figures
within three clear sight spaces receive a wound for each skull shown.

This latter power needed to be cut down, since it takes up so much of Deathwalker 7000's card. This simulates it nicely, clearing out squads but not potentially devastating many heroes at range.

NecroBlade June 26th, 2011 08:19 PM

For self-destruct, I always thought DW7K's Self Destruct power should have triggered on his death. :2cents:

Taeblewalker June 26th, 2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NecroBlade (Post 1430001)
For self-destruct, I always thought DW7K's Self Destruct power should have triggered on his death. :2cents:

That's not a bad idea, though I would fix DW7K by giving him Disengage.
That said, I don't think it's a good idea for the Predator.

mac122 June 29th, 2011 07:01 PM

I think he needs a ranged attack. I remember him standing in a tree and blasting somebody with an energy weapon (Carl Weathers?). Unless this is a Predator from another movie (after the dreadful Predator 2, I gave up on seeing any of the others).

wulfhunter667 July 2nd, 2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Predator
?
Yautja
Unommon Hero
Predator
Honorable
Medium 6

LIFE 6
MOVE 6 Spaces
RANGE 5 Spaces
ATTACK 3 Dice
DEFENSE 4 Dice
POINTS (120ish?)

PREDATOR'S STEALTH
This Predator can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. When this Predator rolls defense dice against an attacking figure that is not adjacent, one shield will block all damage. This Predator may not use this ability on a water space.

WORTHY PREY

SELF-DESTRUCT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3. Attack 2.
After moving and instead of attacking, if this Predator has one life left, it may choose to self-destruct. Roll two unblockable attack dice. All figures within three clear sight spaces receive a wound for each skull shown. After using this ability, this Predator is always destroyed.
Sorry it took so long. This past week was HELLISH at school. Anyway, minor changes in bold above. Not quite sure about which general just yet, but can figure it out later.

mac122 July 2nd, 2011 05:29 PM

Looking good, Wulf.

I like the addition of the ranged attack. At first, I was concerned that Self-Destruct might be too powerful with Range 3 and 2 unblockable dice. But, the 1 Life remaining restriction will make it very situational. Still, maybe Range 2 would be better.:shrug:

This one is tough to pick a General.
Spoiler Alert!

My vote would be Einar or Vydar - and I give Einar a slight edge.

Taeblewalker July 2nd, 2011 07:59 PM

I like the range boost, and I would lean toward Vydar, just for the tech.

machinekng July 2nd, 2011 11:16 PM

I'm still leaning towards Aquilla. Even though he's tech-reliant, his predatory nature meshs with Aquilla's other predators.

dfonse July 21st, 2011 11:02 AM

Hi, im back from VAY-k i like this idea but id like him to have something instead of worthy prey. If you can remember he has a weakness to cold temperatures. In the movie they put him in a cold room but the AC (if you will) shuts of and he gets better and kill a lot of marines.

Cold Blooded: If Predator is on an ice or snow tile, or adjacent to a glacier he loses 2-3 defense.

With this ability maybe he could get 4 attack to even out.

Margloth July 21st, 2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfonse (Post 1444966)
Hi, im back from VAY-k i like this idea but id like him to have something instead of worthy prey. If you can remember he has a weakness to cold temperatures. In the movie they put him in a cold room but the AC (if you will) shuts of and he gets better and kill a lot of marines.

Cold Blooded: If Predator is on an ice or snow tile, or adjacent to a glacier he loses 2-3 defense.

With this ability maybe he could get 4 attack to even out.

When did this ever happen? Are you thinking of Aliens? (Or maybe AvP...)

My suggestions would be this:

Make his name Predator, but his class should be Hunter. The name is theatricality; clearly they are not 'predators' in the traditional sense.

I would have his attack stats be higher, with a base range of 1, and a Energy Blaster Special Attack (that maybe incorporates Worthy Prey into it). How about:
ENERGY BLASTER SPECIAL ATTACK
Range: 4. Attack: 1 + Special.
Opponent's small and medium figures cannot roll defense dice against Energy Blaster Special Attack. When attacking with Energy Blaster Special Attack, you may roll an additional attack die for each unrevealed Order Marker on the defending figure's Army Card. A Predator may use Energy Blaster Special Attack only once per round.

Also, I'm not sold on Honorable. Yeah, the 2nd movie and the AvP movies played this up, but these movies suck, imho. In the first and the latest movies (which are far and away the best), the Predator is anything but Honorable... firing from a hidden position and attacking species far weaker than itself.

Finally... only being able to trigger the Self Destruct when the figure has only has 1 life remaining is not going to happen very often. I'd rather have it work like Dying Swipe.

dfonse July 25th, 2011 01:40 PM

"Keyes (Gary Busey) and his team have set a trap in a nearby slaughterhouse, using thermally insulated suits and cryogenic weapons in an attempt to capture it for study. However, the Predator sees through the trap by using its mask to scan through various electromagnetic wavelengths and kills the team. Harrigan intervenes, shooting the Predator several times and removing its mask."

"Predator 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia." Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 July 2011. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predator_2>.

I like the dying swipe idea but ion the movie it was a nuke so it would be very hard to make that into an ability. Also, predator had to activate it. It was not automatic. What if it had a range of 6-7 but, after predator activated it he could not move, and, the opponents had 2-3 turns to escape from the radius. Maybe

Self destruct: Put three bomb counters on predator, once per either players turn remove one counter from predator. Once all counters are removed, destroy predator and roll 4 attack dice, once for each figure within 6-7 line of sight spaces of predator. While predator has bomb counters on him he cannot move or attack. Blast counters cannot be removed from predator except by the effect of this ability. If predator is killed while he has counters on him, leave his body on the field until all counters are removed and the bomb explodes. Consider his body as an impassible obstacle like a ruin or tree.

Its complicated but i think it really icludes the important stuff.