Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Soundwarp, le workshop public (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=57978)

Soundwarp SG-1 September 17th, 2020 05:00 AM

Soundwarp, le workshop public

Now all the public peoples may bask in Soundwarp's weird designs of one appearance dudes no one has heard of. You're welcome.

tcglkn September 17th, 2020 05:14 AM

Re: Soundwarp, le workshop public

:nopics:

Soundwarp SG-1 September 17th, 2020 05:40 AM

https://www.writeups.org/wp-content/...-Mallard-a.jpg

NAME = STEEPLEJACK
IDENTITY = JACK MALLARD
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SABOTEUR
PERSONALITY = VENGEFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 6

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = NOT MANY

HIGH IRON BRUISER

Add 1 to Steeplejack's Attack and Defense if he is on a space on level 5 or greater.

'STEEPLE JACK GUN' SPECIAL ATTACK (this is a place holder name)
Range: 3 Attack: 3
When attacking with this special attack you may either:
-subtract 1 shield from the defending figure's defense roll; or
-after the defending figure rolls defense dice, roll 1 unblockable attack die against that figure.

NOTES

Luke Cage bad guy that's trying to get vengeance on a construction manager dude who's corner cutting got his brothers killed. But alas he gets in a tussle with Luke Cage and gets accidentally thrown off a building. Adding insult to horribly gruesome deadly injury, not only does the construction manager guy get away scot-free he eventually steals the Steeplejack identity.

Power Breakdown:

Power the first- He's a big bruiser and he's used to working up in skyscrapers and such.

Power the second- He has a combo rivet-gun/“super-acetylene” torch, basic idea here is if he either hits with the torch that can cut through armor and such, or hits with the rivets that are super heated and can cause 'burn damage'.

tcglkn September 17th, 2020 05:47 AM

Simple, flavorful and random character. Exactly what I expected

Tornado September 17th, 2020 07:14 AM

Rejoice

IAmBatman September 17th, 2020 10:16 AM

High Iron Bruiser is a neat power. :up:

Finally, the Steeplejack design we've all been wanting!

Lord Pyre September 17th, 2020 10:23 AM

That's a fun design. I dig it.

Ronin September 19th, 2020 02:35 PM

Really like High Iron Bruiser - almost suggested giving it a numeral for reusability, but the name isn't super reusable anyway, and it'd lose a lot of charm with a less specific name.

Soundwarp SG-1 September 20th, 2020 11:05 PM

https://www.writeups.org/wp-content/...-Aquaman-a.jpg

NAME = MARINE MARAUDER

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PIRATE/RAIDER/MARAUDER SOMETHING LIKE THAT
PERSONALITY = RUTHLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = NOT MANY

CETACEAN COMMAND

After revealing an order marker on this card and instead of taking a turn with Marine Marauder, you may choose up to two Whale figures. Chosen figures must be within 10 spaces of Marine Marauder. For each chosen figure, you may take temporary control of that figure and immediately take a turn with it. At the end of each turn, control of the chosen figure returns to the player who controlled the figure before the Cetacean Command.

WHALE RIDER
After a Whale figure you control ends its movement, if that figure was adjacent to Marine Marauder during its movement, you may immediately place Marine Marauder adjacent to that figure, if possible.

ALL WHALES ARE BELONG TO ME
An opponent may never take control of a Whale you control within 4 spaces of Marine Marauder.

NOTES

Aquaman bad guy that has telepathic 'radio waves' that let him control 'air breathing sea creatures' (because the radio waves can't penetrate water... except for the multiple times in the story that they do). He only commands whales (including dolphins and porpoises) in the story, so I just reframed him a bit as specifically having control over cetaceans, as that makes a hell of a lot more sense. Anyway, he uses his army of whales to steal a shipment of vaccine that was being transported across the sea so he can extort dying people for money, he's just a Grade A scumbag really, but Aquaman foils his plans. He escapes, but is never seen again, though post-Crisis Marine Marauder II might be his sister.

Power Breakdown:

Power the first- He controls whales, so he controls whales. I should note that in C3G the only whale we have right now is dolphin Beast Boy who's species is Dolphin for some baffling reason. So technically he'd need to be 'Whale or Dolphin' right now, but I'd rather just change Beast Boy to not be needlessly specific.

Power the second- He likes to ride around on top of a whale like a commanding general.

Power the third- His whale telepathy is shown to be stronger than Aquaman's, so he can block other people mind controlling whales (like a potential 'sea life homies' Aquaman card or whatnot).

-

Also, a whale:

NAME = BULL SPERM WHALE

SPECIES = WHALE
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = PREDATOR
PERSONALITY = DETERMINED

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 1

POINTS = YES

MARINE LIFE 2

This Bull Sperm Whale must stop his movement when entering a land space, and does not stop his movement when entering a water space. Add 2 dice to this Bull Sperm Whale's attack and defense while he is on a water space.

EMERGE FROM THE DEEP
This Bull Sperm Whale starts the game on this card. At the start of any round, you may place this Bull Sperm Whale from this card onto a water space on the battlefield.

SWALLOW WHOLE
Instead of attacking, if there are no swallowed figures on this card, you may choose one small or medium figure adjacent to this Bull Sperm Whale and place that figure on this card. That figure is swallowed as long as it is on this card. If this Bull Sperm Whale receives any wounds or is destroyed, remove any swallowed figure from this card and place them on an empty space adjacent to the space previously occupied by this Bull Sperm Whale. Figures that cannot be placed are automatically destroyed. After a player reveals an Order Marker on the card of a swallowed figure placed on this card, they may roll the 20-sided die, adding the attack value of the swallowed figure to their roll. On a 18 or higher, this Bull Sperm Whale receives 1 wound.

IAmBatman September 21st, 2020 09:18 AM

Seems like a pretty easy mod candidate. Basically just snap the wings off of Kite-Man.

Tornado September 21st, 2020 11:01 AM

That would make a big splash.

Soundwarp SG-1 November 7th, 2020 03:00 AM

Because the bucket of sea creatures I got the octopus tentacles for The Octopus from also has a few seahorses in it, I present to you, big seahorses!

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20120325225517

NAME = GIANT SEAHORSE MOUNT

SPECIES = FISH
UNIQUENESS = COMMON HERO
CLASS = COMPANION
PERSONALITY = LOYAL

SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 7

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 8
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 1
DEFENSE = 2

POINTS = YES

MARINE LIFE 2

A Giant Seahorse Mount must stop its movement when entering a land space, and does not stop its movement when entering a water space. Add 2 dice to a Giant Seahorse Mount's attack and defense while it is on a water space.

ATLANTEAN STEED
Instead of moving normally with an unengaged small or medium Atlantean you control you may choose 1 Giant Seahorse Mount you control adjacent to that Atlantean. Move that Giant Seahorse Mount, then place that Atlantean on any empty space adjacent to that Giant Seahorse Mount.

MrNobody November 7th, 2020 03:03 AM

I dig it, I've liked the idea of using the Marine Life power as a "sea creature" tag for a minute.

tcglkn November 7th, 2020 03:05 AM

I love Marine Life. Stopping on land tiles is hilarious.

Ronin November 7th, 2020 11:29 AM

Love it!

IAmBatman November 7th, 2020 11:30 AM

That's pretty clean. I dig it. :up:

That's a really smart move with the Steed power to make it happen on the Atlantean's Order Marker.

Soundwarp SG-1 November 17th, 2020 12:31 AM

Ronin's fault this is.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/ma...cs_Vol_1_6.jpg

NAME = KANGA MOUNT

SPECIES = KANGA (or KANGAROO, but technically they're aliens that just look like Kangaroos... at least by their original origin story)
UNIQUENESS = COMMON HERO
CLASS = COMPANION
PERSONALITY = LOYAL

SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 7

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 8
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE =5

POINTS = YES

KANGAROO BOUNCE

Instead of its normal move, a Kanga Mount may use its Kangaroo Bounce. Kangaroo Bounce has a move of 2. When counting spaces for a Kanga Mount's Kangaroo Bounce movement, ignore elevations. A Kanga Mount may bounce over water without stopping, bounce over figures without becoming engaged, and bounce over obstacles such as ruins. A Kanga Mount may not bounce more than 16 levels up or down in a single bounce. If a Kanga Mount is engaged when it starts to bounce, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks. After attacking, if a Kanga Mount moved with Kangaroo Bounce, it may immediately use it one additional time.

AMAZONIAN WAR STEED
Before taking a turn with a small or medium Amazon Unique Hero you control, you may choose 1 Kanga Mount you control adjacent to that Amazon and place it on that Amazon's card. While a Kanga Mount is on an Amazon's card, that Amazon is Large instead of what is listed on its card, has a Move Value of 8, and has the Kangaroo Bounce special power.

DISMOUNT
Before taking a turn with a Unique Hero you control, you may place 1 Kanga Mount from that Hero's Card onto a space adjacent to that Hero. If a Unique Hero you control with a Kanga Mount on their card would receive any wounds, you must roll the 20-sided die. On an odd number, destroy that Kanga Mount and ignore 1 wound that Unique Hero just received.

Arch-vile November 17th, 2020 01:16 AM

It's like poetry, it rhymes.

Pretty fun design. You could make it a VDO and get around the 2nd and 3rd powers.

Ronin November 17th, 2020 01:55 AM

Cool design! I don't mind taking the blame.

Tornado November 17th, 2020 07:28 AM

Nice. That is a lot like my original Lawmaster design. I like that you put the mount on the rider's card. Clever.
VDO could be interesting.

Soundwarp SG-1 November 19th, 2020 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch-vile (Post 2429094)
It's like poetry, it rhymes.

Pretty fun design. You could make it a VDO and get around the 2nd and 3rd powers.

Besides me not liking VDOs and thinking calling a big kangaroo a vehicle to be a little silly :lol: , I think the big strike against that route is VDOs don’t allow figures to make melee attacks since you can’t be adjacent to anyone. So it doesn’t really work for the Amazon team.

Soundwarp SG-1 February 3rd, 2021 10:56 PM

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/ma...n_Vol_1_18.jpg

NAME = WAXMAN

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = STALKER (Slasher would also kinda work, they're very similar classes)
PERSONALITY = MACABRE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE =3

POINTS = YES

WAXY DISCO GUY DISGUISE

If Waxman has not attacked this round, no figures have been considered Smothered by Waxman this round, and Waxman is not the only figure you control, then Waxman cannot be attacked and will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SMOTHER
If Waxman is engaged with only one enemy figure, and that enemy figure is small or medium, that enemy figure is considered Smothered. A Smothered figure cannot move or be moved by any special power on any Army Card or glyph. A Smothered figure rolls 1 fewer attack and defense die for each revealed Order Marker on this card.

NOTES:

Waxman! The Man, the myth, the legend.. the guy you've never heard of before!

He's basically Marvel's version of Clayface but as a horror movie monster/ serial killer. He's a dude with living 'wax' skin that can briefly disguise himself as a series of hunky disco men so he can lure women away to eat them with said skin (though he's not totally aware he's doing this as his mind is in tatters).

Bizarrely, he showed up as part of the Night Shift recently after being a 1 and a half issue character for like 45ish years only for Doc Ock to kill him. And it was a mediocre at best adaption of the original character anyway. Poor Waxman.

IAmBatman February 4th, 2021 07:34 AM

Ah, now I see why you were scoping out Clayface.

Lord Pyre February 4th, 2021 10:49 AM

Hah I was thinking I heard of him. But yeah, the Superior Spidey run.

Soundwarp SG-1 February 26th, 2021 04:19 PM

Random idea from Discord that I wanted to record somewhere more permanent :

NAME = BEAST BOY (II or III really)
SECRET IDENTITY = GAR LOGAN

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TITAN
PERSONALITY = WILD

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = sure

MAGNIFIED MENAGERIE *option 1*
At the start the game choose any number of Uncommon or Common Beast (or whatever we go with) Heroes in your army to start the game on this card. If you do, for this game, those Heroes have the identity of Gar Logan and class of Titan instead of what is listed on their cards. If a Gar Logan you control that started the game on this card would be destroyed or would receive enough wounds to be destroyed, instead place two Wound Markers on this card and immediately replace that Gar Logan with another Gar Logan on this card, if possible. If this Gar Logan is destroyed, all Gar Logan figures that started the game on this card are destroyed.

MAGNIFIED MENAGERIE *option 2*
At the start the game choose any number of Uncommon or Common Heroes that are Ferocious, Savage, or Wild in your army to start the game on this card. If you do, for this game, those Heroes have the identity of Gar Logan, and the class of Titan instead of what is listed on their cards. If a Gar Logan you control that started the game on this card would be destroyed or would receive enough wounds to be destroyed, instead place two Wound Markers on this card and immediately replace that Gar Logan with another Gar Logan on this card, if possible. If this Gar Logan is destroyed, all Gar Logan figures that started the game on this card are destroyed.

BEAST TRANSFORMATION (with better crossover-friendly lingo)
Instead of taking a turn with this Gar Logan or another Gar Logan that started the game on this card, you may switch it with another Gar Logan figure on this card and take a turn with the other Gar Logan. Switched figures will not take any leaving engagement attacks. After revealing a numbered Order Marker on this card, you may take a turn with any Gar Logan you control that started the game on this card.

HEALING FACTOR
After taking a turn with Beast Boy, remove 1 Wound Marker from this Army Card.

NOTES:

So the idea for option 1 here is going forward, any 'generic wild animal' type designs would have a unified class of Beast (or whatever we want it to be) since that's a useful thing to do anyway and random critters don't need people classes. Then outside of whatever else they do on their own this Beast Boy can use them as forms for himself. So kinda a two-for-one card deal instead of having to specifically design Beast Boy as a naked mole rat or something.

Option 2 is similar but using (more or less) the definition of 'beast' from Beastman's card. Which has the advantage of working out of the gate and doesn't do anything too weird if we don't think having an 'animal class' is useful enough to build up.

This would sorta seem to obsolete BB I but this set-up is usually going to cost more and part of the idea here is future animal forms for Beast Boy I would be more dedicated 'Beast Boy as this critter' designs that might offer Titan synergy or whatever. So Beast Boy I would be more focused on adapting a few animals to specific Titan needs where-as this Beast Boy would be about maximum versatility.

Tornado February 26th, 2021 04:29 PM

I dig.

Splash February 26th, 2021 04:42 PM

Nice, I definitely prefer the Beast Man style power, otherwise you'd be taking away possible synergy with stuff that should have it like a Gorilla being a simian and the Insect and Rodents stuff. Similar to your Kaiju argument.

edit: this just reminded me I should make my raptor design Ferocious, and if this Beast Boy develops further probably make them Common Heroes.

Soundwarp SG-1 February 26th, 2021 04:58 PM

The class would be Beast, not the species.

So like a wild gorilla would be a Simian Beast. Not a Beast Hunter (or whatnot)

MrNobody February 26th, 2021 05:09 PM

I wilm say that “Beat Boy I, but more expensive” doesn’t sound like a solid recipe for success, but it could work if some of the animal forms were more specifically being keyed in on working together.

Splash February 26th, 2021 05:09 PM

Ah... that makes sense.

IAmBatman February 26th, 2021 08:28 PM

Hmm, interestingly, this could actually work for Kingdom Come Menagerie, I think.

What we really need is a B'wana Beast, though.

Soundwarp SG-1 March 2nd, 2021 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNobody (Post 2450570)
I wilm say that “Beat Boy I, but more expensive” doesn’t sound like a solid recipe for success, but it could work if some of the animal forms were more specifically being keyed in on working together.

See, to me the idea is 'animal forms that work together' is what Beast Boy I needs to do. Since his issue right now is he turns is into a bunch of low life wimpy things that are mostly kinda useless and don't really get anything from being stapled together. To me he should be the Beast Boy that turns into toolbox units the Titans need, right now he's just sorta there.

The idea with this Beast Boy is he'd get to turn into real cards with proper life/defense and other goodies. Like for example, if we go the Beastman route, he can turn into a Frost Giant and now you get a Frost Giant with Titan synergy and some extra life/destruction resistance even without another form drafted. Adding beefier versions of cards into a good synergy web is a lot more useful than what the current Beast Boy does at the moment IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2450627)
Hmm, interestingly, this could actually work for Kingdom Come Menagerie, I think.

What we really need is a B'wana Beast, though.

Looks like Menagerie can only turn into mythical creatures? Which I guess would almost work for the current options if we did the Beast Man route. Frost Giant and Werewolf count, Grizzly Shark is close enough I guess, T-Rex is the only stand-out that's clearly not mythical.

Doesn't seem like 'Ferocious, Savage, or Wild Uncommon/Common Heroes' would be something we'd want to limit to only mythical things long term though.

Soundwarp SG-1 March 15th, 2021 01:30 PM

I am required to do one design per faction AND this girl started a minor Discord joke so here we are:

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...manticore2.jpg

(The lady behind Manticore there)

NAME = SISTER PSYCHE
SECRET IDENTITY = SHALICE TILMAN

SPECIES = 'CITY OF HEROES PERSON' (origin-wise, she seems to be mutant basically)
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TELEPATH
PERSONALITY = ???

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = sure

MINDRIDING
Start the game with 1 teal Mind Marker on this card. At the start the round, you may choose 1 Telepath Unique Hero you control and place Sister Psyche's Mind Marker on that figure's card. While Sister Psyche's Mind Marker is on another Hero's card:
- That Hero has the Freedom Phalanx special power; and
- Sister Psyche cannot move, attack, or make leaving engagement attacks

FREEDOM PHALANX
After revealing an Order Marker on another figure that has this special power and taking that figure's turn, you may take a turn with Sister Psyche, during which she cannot move. You may not take any additional turns.

MENTAL ASSETS (or a good name, whatever)
Before taking a turn with Sister Psyche, you may choose up to 2 figures within 4 spaces of Sister Psyche and roll the 20-sided die two times. If you roll an 8 or higher for:
-the first roll, take temporary control of any chosen enemy figures until the end of Sister Psyche's turn; and
-the second roll, you may move any chosen friendly figures up to 4 spaces each

NOTES:

So I should note that while I just finished reading all the City of Heroes Top Cow comics I've never played the game. So this is just based on the comic and some wiki reading. But like.. we are a comic project not a video game project anyway.

Basically this lady just seems to be Jean Grey in a stupider than normal costume. Sorta difficult to tell since like.. people barely used their powers in that comic. But yeah, basically she's got telepathy and apparently telekinesis/force fields.

The most interesting thing about her is like... before the time period of the game or comics she was co-opting some girl's body for like years while she recovered from some injury. And part of her deal seems to be mentoring other psychic types. So that's the first power, she can 'mind time share' (or just telepathically coordinate, etc.) with someone and get them on her super team.

The second is just the one from Manticore.

The third is just trying to give her a 'controller' vibe, since that's her in game class thingy. So she can mind whammy people and/or move people around. The intent is the first pip resolves before the second so if she takes control of someone she can them move if she rolls high enough again.

FreshFoods March 15th, 2021 03:45 PM

Nice, I dig it. Mindriding is a cool way of getting her biggest thing in the comic (you're right, they never actually use their powers) into Scape. Mental Assets is an on point power for what she is, a psychic controller.

japes March 21st, 2021 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreshFoods (Post 2453946)
Nice, I dig it. Mindriding is a cool way of getting her biggest thing in the comic (you're right, they never actually use their powers) into Scape. Mental Assets is an on point power for what she is, a psychic controller.

He just wanted to use the word Assets

Soundwarp SG-1 March 21st, 2021 05:53 PM

This is not untrue

Soundwarp SG-1 April 1st, 2021 04:37 PM

Because (a single member of) the public demanded it:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/ma..._1_26_0001.jpg

NAME = ARMLESS TIGER MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = HERTZ (I've seen both Eric and Gustav listed as first names online, but couldn't find a primary source using either)

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SABOTEUR
PERSONALITY = OBSESSIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 2

POINTS = VERY FEW

LEAPING KICK SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 4.
Choose a non-adjacent figure within 3 clear sight spaces whose base is not higher or lower than 3 levels from the base of Armless Tiger Man. Before attacking, place Armless Tiger Man adjacent to the chosen figure. If the chosen figure is destroyed by this special attack, immediately place Armless Tiger Man on a space that was occupied by the chosen figure. When Armless Tiger Man is moved by this special attack, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

MACHINE HATRED 1
When attacking a figure that is a Destructible Object, Android, or Cybertronian, add 1 to Armless Tiger Man's attack.

FreshFoods April 1st, 2021 04:40 PM

Welp, found my nomination.

japes April 1st, 2021 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 (Post 2457348)
SECRET IDENTITY = HERTZ (I've seen both Eric and Gustav listed as first names online, but couldn't find a primary source using either)

you sure it's not Donut

IAmBatman April 2nd, 2021 09:07 AM

Armond.

Lord Pyre April 2nd, 2021 09:13 AM

Love it! Can I suggest one more power?

Quote:

LITERALLY ARMLESS
Armless Tiger Man cannot carry Equipment glyphs or operate vehicles.
Kind of want another clause saying his stats can't be lowered, both to represent the fact that he has no arms to parry, and general tenacity. Since having no arms should obviously be just as much a bonus as a negative.

Soundwarp SG-1 April 2nd, 2021 10:20 AM

Actually in his first story Armless Tiger Man shows he can drive cars, throw throwing knives, pour wine, all sorts of stuff using his feet and teeth. And most bafflingly, dig holes under fences large enough to use using only his teeth. :lol:

So Armless Tiger Man driving a Gundam with his teeth while the infinity gauntlet is resting on his foot is totally a thing he could do :lol:

IAmBatman April 2nd, 2021 10:23 AM

Infinity Anklet when?

Tornado April 2nd, 2021 10:29 AM

Das Infinity Boot

Soundwarp SG-1 April 5th, 2021 03:49 AM

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/di...Underminer.jpg

NAME = UNDERMINER
SECRET IDENTITY = JOHN RATZENBERGER

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = GENIUS
PERSONALITY = EGOMANIACAL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = YES

MECHANICAL MENACE
At the start of the game, you may choose a vehicle adjacent to Underminer and have him enter that vehicle. After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Underminer, if he occupies a vehicle, you may take a turn with 1 Uncommon or Common Android Army Card you control. You may not take any additional turns.

NOTHING IS BENEATH ME!
Opponent's figures can never have height advantage on Underminer or any figure you control within 1 space of Underminer.

--

NAME = MOLE MACHINE

COVER = FULL
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON VEHICLE
OCCUPANCY = 4

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE 9

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 0
DEFENSE = 8

POINTS = YES

SUBTERRANEAN MOVEMENT 6

This Mole Machine may only be moved by this special power and can never have its Move number increased. Instead of moving this Mole Machine normally, you may choose an empty land space within 6 spaces of this Mole Machine. Place this Mole Machine on the chosen space, then roll 1 unblockable attack die against each figure adjacent to it.

SUPER STRENGTH

NOTES
This is going off the game and comic version of Underminer where he's like a discount Doctor Doom with Mole Man's theme and a ton of robots. Not Incredibles 2 where he's just like a bank robber.

The first power is going for an old school villain vibe, the bad guy's in his big scary robot/tank/flying-Stalin-head/whatever commanding an army of robots, but you knock him out of his comfort zone and he's a wimp trying to run away. That kinda deal.

Second power is to give him some 'underground menace' feel. Why should height matter to him when the filthy surface-worlders have always had such luxury over him?

Mole Machine now has a cover type and a (currently unknown) point cost since those are things it really needs to have.

I also made some changes to the powers that are more negotiable:
-I restricted how far it can do it's drill move since unrestricted is a little nutty when you can actually start with it.
-I just have it pick a single space and you place it on that space and then trust people are smart enough to figure out the rest of it has to go on spaces it can fit in in a line from that space. The current wording of 'pick any number of spaces' is just kinda weird IMO. Part of the idea here is it's really more a move of 9 since you just have to make sure part of the Mole Machine ends on the chosen space, not have all of it within 6 spaces of where it started.
-I got rid of the stuff about dudes on top of it since like.. it seems like there's only room for one figure to fit on top of it anyway and I just didn't see a lot of point to it? So I'd just say it doesn't have spaces on top of it personally. But if someone wants to make a case for it, go ahead.
-I added the unblockables directly into the move power because eh why not? Makes it clearer that you could drill someone to death and then get to exit onto the space they were on, which I think you already could do, but this way felt cleaner than stacking after moving powers.
-All this is also with the aim of making Subterranean Movement something that could more easily be used on Giganto and stuff like that if needed. Since like, it already has the right name for the job.

tcglkn April 5th, 2021 04:15 AM

I dig it.

Splash April 5th, 2021 06:38 AM

Sweet, I remember playing that game back in the day, it was pretty fun! Excited to see the Incredibles get a proper baddy. :)
And a draftable Mole Machine to boot!

Ronin April 5th, 2021 10:18 AM

Neat. Weird that they made him a bank robber in the sequel when he's clearly a Mole Man riff.