Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   HeroScape General Discussion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   I've caught the bug! (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=51042)

Lucace November 13th, 2014 05:25 PM

I've caught the bug!

I have been lurking on this site for about six months now and was wondering what the next best thing for me to get (heroscape related) is any suggestions?

I already have

Rise of the Valkyrie x3

Swarm of the marro x1

Fortress of the archkyrie x1

Wave one x1 excluding vipers

Wave two x1 excluding swog knights drones wolves

Wave three heroes of nostralund and macdirks

Wave four x1

Wave five x1

Wave six x1 no shades heavies imperium

Wave seven kynetla Gwynn

Wave eight x1 no 10th riders or wolves

Wave nine morgrimm ninja

Wave 11 only heroes and ice and chain fighter

Orms return

Racknars vision

flameslayer93 November 13th, 2014 05:31 PM

Re: I've caught the bug!

C3V units can be fun, if your willing to do some hunting. Otherwise, I'd suggest getting Wave 2 wolves, and or a ton of common squads. Wyrmlings are super fun too.

Marro_Warlord November 13th, 2014 05:33 PM

Knights, Gilbert, 4th Mass. Or, any decent common squad... Like the Reavers

IshMEL November 13th, 2014 05:42 PM

More Wave 1 Orcs, Romans, Snipers.

Dad_Scaper November 13th, 2014 05:44 PM

"See Scape, buy Scape," is what we used to say. I would hunt the trading subforum here and Heroscape lots on eBay and see what looks reasonably priced. It's all good; I don't recommend pickiness.

I am a huge fan of the quality of work we're doing in the C3V. Follow the link in my sig to the Books. Of course, if you've been lurking for 6 months, you know that already. :)

To the best of my knowledge there is not a competitive scene in North Dakota. Pretty much the only things I know for sure about North Dakota are (1) hills and (2) fracking. But keep an eye out on the site for tournaments or meetups in your area, and if you don't see one, maybe post in the Meet Other Scapers subforum, looking for others near you who were to shy to post first.

Tornado November 13th, 2014 05:45 PM

Terrain and HeroClix for C3G. :)

Welcome!

Not User Name November 13th, 2014 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper (Post 1982002)
"See Scape, buy Scape," is what we used to say. I would hunt the trading subforum here and Heroscape lots on eBay and see what looks reasonably priced. It's all good; I don't recommend pickiness.

I am a huge fan of the quality of work we're doing in the C3V. Follow the link in my sig to the Books. Of course, if you've been lurking for 6 months, you know that already. :)

To the best of my knowledge there is not a competitive scene in North Dakota. Pretty much the only things I know for sure about North Dakota are (1) hills and (2) fracking. But keep an eye out on the site for tournaments or meetups in your area, and if you don't see one, maybe post in the Meet Other Scapers subforum, looking for others near you who were to shy to post first.

In eastern North Dakota we don't have any hills or fracking. This is the boring side of ND. Don't be worried know one cares about us up here in Nort Dakota don't ya know.

But I'd say get multiple commons and once you are content with the amount you have definitely hit up what Dad_Scaper was saying.

Edit: I almost forgot about Venoc Vipers, they are 5 bucks a squad on eBay and they a pretty fun. Remember to get as many as possible after you try them out.

Lucace November 13th, 2014 05:52 PM

Thanks for the advice

Seraph November 14th, 2014 11:47 AM

RTTFF all the way!

Ztimster November 14th, 2014 03:12 PM

You need Sujoah if you really want to catch the bug...
http://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic344551_md.jpg

Otherwise I would go for KoW and wolves and 4th Mass. I also know someone who happens to have them at a good price as well. ;)

Ghostship January 12th, 2015 05:55 PM

I caught the bug just as WOTC were dumping their warehouse. I was very lucky.

As a late comer, I can say, $35 on eBay for the forest is worth it. It makes builds look great and is one accessible expansion.

I wouldn't buy the lava set. Paint some from extra tiles. Buy up a lot of extra terrain.
Forget ever owning a tundra or jungle set unless you are loaded.

The castle sets are worth having three. One dice tower and two for some awesome maps.

jojo204 January 13th, 2015 01:54 AM

Hey I'm not to far from you. About 2 hours drive I think. I'll be hitting up grand forks and Fargo in the next couple weeks hopefully I can dig some stuff up.