Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

JC McMinis May 24th, 2015 07:07 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Well as far a 'Godly Abilities' we can word it similar to Harry Potter and how about this for the name.

EQUIPMENT OF THE GODS
At the start of the game, before placing figures, choose 3 different treasure glyphs and place thim on this Army Card.

McHotcakes May 24th, 2015 08:12 PM

How about something like Olympian Arsenal for the name?

TREX May 24th, 2015 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2023359)
Well as far a 'Godly Abilities' we can word it similar to Harry Potter and how about this for the name.

EQUIPMENT OF THE GODS
At the start of the game, before placing figures, choose 3 different treasure glyphs and place them on this Army Card.

This wording works great for the description, for the title I thought of a name idea that works great, and excites me. so here it is.

Quote:

POWER OF THE GODS
At the start of the game, before placing figures, choose 3 different Godly treasure glyphs, and place them on this Army Card.
Thematically, he steals their power, some in which is in equipment. Your title sparked what I came up with. cool. @McHotcakes , Olympian Arsenal sounds cool, thematically I think something like this . As kratos does say quite often "By the Gods":)
EDIT: I think the first ability looks pretty good, as it is only a set up for the TG glyph powers. Any other feedback on the Power of the Gods ability? Krato's primary weapons I would want to use would be his Blades of Exile. I would want him to have 2 attacks representing his blades, he also takes on hordes of enemies, so I wanted at least 2 attacks, but wanted it below 3 to keep his points down a little. His blades are melee weapons, but he can hit targets from quite a distance with the attached chains. So I would say, give him a reach like the fen hydra.

Quote:

BLADES OF EXILE
If an opponent's figure is within 2 spaces of Kratos, and its base is no more than 3 levels above Krato's height or 3 levels below Krato's base, Kratos may add 1 to his Range when attacking that figure. When Kratos uses his normal attack, he may attack one additional time.
Tell me what you guys think of this, I put the generic stuff from the fen hydra in here.

JC McMinis May 24th, 2015 10:34 PM

Looking good so far. Just so you know guys I have got the first post in the Display thread up to date with links for Jack, Dexter & Percy in the Alphaberical, Genre amd General sortings. I also have the miniature listings in the second post up to date.

Edit: As far as general for Kratos I am thinking Utgar.

Taeblewalker May 24th, 2015 10:54 PM

I could see Kratos fighting for Aquilla. I only played one game with him, but he strikes me that way. In the game, he was fighting for what seemed like a good cause.

Confred May 25th, 2015 12:36 AM

What 'mode' of Kratos are we wanting to represent? A one-figure army that wrecks squads and heroes alike?
Or the vengeful revenant killing his way to take out key figures?
The first one sounds most like Kratos. I really like the idea of him in Utgar as he is the ultimate antagonist anti-hero, whereas the gods he slays are all a scattering of Jandar, Einar, Aquilla, and Ullar. Plus he would look b/a on an Utgar color scheme.

I almost see him doing some Spider-man caliber movement, although not as high.
Multiple attacks at short-mid range and multiple targets is a must.
Trophy effects
Chain Swing Special Move

Times like this when my computer is down I wish MSE or equivalent was available for the iPad/Droid/iPhone

Confred May 25th, 2015 07:40 AM

After sleeping on it, I was thinking how Kratos can be done without Glyphs but thinking the lead wants the version of Kratos at the end of his story, where he's already beaten gods and acquired treasure.

A back story could go like: Utgar was so impressed that Kratos killed off the Gods Of Olympus that he summoned Kratos to kill off the Gods Of Valhalla!

Utgar likes runaway characters that have the potential of betraying him and taking over: Marro, Stab In The Back, Marcu...

If we go this route, Kratos shouldn't have a utility belt adjusted for the battle causing a delay of game at startup where the Kratos player studies the opponents army, Kratos should just have them. Or we could roleplay a little and have Utgar take the toys from Kratos when he first summoned Kratos, releasing them only as Kratos kills off Unique Heroes. Start game with 5 Ancient Artifacts. After Kratos destroys a Unique Hero, put an Ancient Artifact on this card.

Edit: And we can control the power release of the Glyphs.
PERMANENT GLYPH
When placing this Glyph on figures using the Gift Of Gods special power, place this Glyph first, second, this, fourth, fifth...

TREX May 25th, 2015 11:01 AM

Thanks @Taeblewalker , @Confred . I was up in the air between Aquilla and Utgar. Kratos has good reasons for taking out the gods.(Aquilla) But Ultimately he is quite an anti hero, being ruthless in killing just about anyone that gets in his way. I do think Utgar is a slightly better fit. Also the color scheme will do him justice. I like the idea of gaining a glyph/power every time he kills a Unique hero, making him slightly stronger instead of starting with three.(as a reward from the God of war,UTGAR.) I'm thinking we should design 5 of the glyphs off of my list above.(they are right off of the wiki.) I also played all the games and know them quite well. Very cool ideas.

Confred May 25th, 2015 12:24 PM

Should we care about the order of Glyph gain?
Zues's Sword could be the last one gained, for example

TREX May 25th, 2015 01:12 PM

As far as the five glyphs, they are all thematic. I would want to pick the ones that bring the most playability with them. @Confred , We could take the five and give them to him in order if you want, though with play I would just let the player pick. For instance, what if the enemy team has little to no unique heroes to kill. I'm thinking
Bow of Appollo, gives him a way to attack figures with range instead of his melee attack of two.
Boots of Hermes, allows him to move additional spaces with disengage.
Golden Fleece, gives him a chance to deflect attacks.
Cestus, a splash damage attack
Zeus's Lightning Bolt/or the Sword of Olympus
, a critical hit with a 20 die roll.
I think those would be the most thematic,ideas.

Confred May 25th, 2015 01:38 PM

I understand the want for flexibility in Glyph choice, just double checking.
The God Of War games are like a climb to the top, thus releasing the Glyphs in order may add some flavor that we may want to capture
However, adding the limitation may add no real value, losing its purpose, if it doesn't play or feel right

TREX May 25th, 2015 01:46 PM

I'm fine with it either way, I like the order idea, we just need to capture it right without making it to complex.