Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Taeblewalker May 13th, 2015 03:02 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

I like the latest design. I have no criticisms to offer.

JC McMinis May 13th, 2015 09:14 PM

Ok here is the card as it stands.
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...psyah5n6iy.jpg

TREX May 13th, 2015 11:03 PM

I like the current version of the card. I know this guy is supposed to be awesome. The only concern I have at this time is the 6 life with 7 defense on water. This guy will not even need his regenerate ability. I would think you would want a chance to actually use the abilities on the card. If you dropped the defense by 1, he still has above normal stats for defense, and can still regenerate on water If you camped this guy on water he would not die. Overall, I would drop the defense by 1 and call it good, just for the reason that he does get hurt in the movies quite often. Most of the time just to regenerate it back. At this point he is less likely to even take a wound from most normal squad figures at all unless he does a death walker whiff. Unless that is what you guys are going for. I like the rest of the card, it looks good.

Dysole May 13th, 2015 11:06 PM

Edits

SON OF POSEIDON
If Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space, add 1 to his Attack and Defense. If Percy Jackson is on a water space, add 2 to his Attack and Defense. Percy Jackson does not have to stop his movement when entering water. After taking a turn with Percy Jackson, if he is on a water space, you may remove a wound marker from this Army Card.

HYDROKINESIS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 2+Special. Attack 2+Special.
When Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space, add 2 to the range and attack of Hydrokinesis Special Attack. If a small or medium figure receives one or more wounds from Hydrokinesis Special Attack but is not destroyed, roll the 20 sided die. On a roll of 14 or higher, you may place that figure on an empty space within 2 spaces of its original placement. Figures moved by Hydrokinesis Special Attack do not take any leaving engagement attacks.

GREEK TRAINING
If Percy Jackson destroy's an opponents figure with a normal attack, he may attack one additional time with a normal attack.

Still making sure we have all of our stuff in the right place for the Special Attack. If we use Percy Jackson, the general rule is to use Percy Jackson everywhere. If we use Percy, the general rule is to use Percy everywhere. The one exception is Sgt. Drake Alexander who uses Sgt. Drake Alexander during the first part of Grapple Gun, Drake throughout the rest of it and Sgt. Drake Alexander for the rest of the card.

~Dysole, who'll stop in again later

laughing matter May 14th, 2015 01:45 AM

This looks awesome as is. My only complaints are

1. Greek Training seems like a weird name, but I can't come up with a different name.

2. He's probably well over 175 points

McHotcakes May 14th, 2015 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2021134)
Overall, I would drop the defense by 1 and call it good

I agree with this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by laughing matter (Post 2021147)
1. Greek Training seems like a weird name, but I can't come up with a different name.

Hero Training? He is a Greek Hero after all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by laughing matter (Post 2021147)
2. He's probably well over 175 points

I'm with you on this one.

Dysole May 14th, 2015 02:18 AM

Options

How about GREEK MILITARY TRAINING?

TREX's complaints are well founded. As he stands he is favored against TWENTY Knights of Weston while on a water space. Dropping him down to 4 life makes it 50/50 between him and 16 Knights. (Although admittedly 6 Minions are slightly favored)

At 6 life he is favored against Jotun (pretty handily), Krug (barely), Fen Hydra (easily), and Charos (easily) on water. At 5 life he matches up against them like so: Jotun (Jotun favored but not by a lot), Krug (50/50), Fen Hydra (easily wins), Charos (easily wins). At 4 life: Jotun (Jotun pretty handily), Krug (Krug pretty handily), Fen Hydra (Percy pretty handily), Charos (Percy pretty handily)

So, what I'm seeing is that he needs a price bump and probably a life drop. If he stays at the current stats I'm thinking 250 is the minimum. With a life drop, I'd be comfortable with 210.

~Dysole, figuring if a demigod isn't worth 200+ points they aren't much of a demigod are they?

JC McMinis May 14th, 2015 06:44 AM

Ok here is another updated card. I dropped his life and defense by 1 and increased his points to 200

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...pski5tz2aa.jpg

TREX May 14th, 2015 10:10 AM

He's a beast, but I like where the card stands now reflecting the raised points and adjusted stats. He feels a bit more balanced(can actually be killed) now.

McHotcakes May 14th, 2015 10:30 AM

Would Hal-Blood Training be a reasonable name? That is where he was trained right?

Porkins May 14th, 2015 10:31 AM

Re: Options

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2021153)
How about GREEK MILITARY TRAINING?

TREX's complaints are well founded. As he stands he is favored against TWENTY Knights of Weston while on a water space. Dropping him down to 4 life makes it 50/50 between him and 16 Knights. (Although admittedly 6 Minions are slightly favored)

At 6 life he is favored against Jotun (pretty handily), Krug (barely), Fen Hydra (easily), and Charos (easily) on water. At 5 life he matches up against them like so: Jotun (Jotun favored but not by a lot), Krug (50/50), Fen Hydra (easily wins), Charos (easily wins). At 4 life: Jotun (Jotun pretty handily), Krug (Krug pretty handily), Fen Hydra (Percy pretty handily), Charos (Percy pretty handily)

So, what I'm seeing is that he needs a price bump and probably a life drop. If he stays at the current stats I'm thinking 250 is the minimum. With a life drop, I'd be comfortable with 210.

~Dysole, figuring if a demigod isn't worth 200+ points they aren't much of a demigod are they?

I'm curious how you did this analysis. Do you have some software or algorithm for the comparisons?

Dysole May 14th, 2015 11:24 AM

Software To Go

One of the greatest tools ever. Admittedly for this, I gave him double attack against squads since that seemed reasonable with seven attack.

Also destroys should not have an apostrophe in Greek Combat Training.

~Dysole, a fan of Greek Military/Comcast Training or Half Blood Training