Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Gorilla Grodd (Injustice League) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=57370)

Arch-vile May 24th, 2020 01:50 PM

The Book of Gorilla Grodd (Injustice League)

The Book of Gorilla Grodd (Injustice League)

C3G DC WAVE 39
JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...ddII_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...oddII_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a DC Heroclix figure from the Hypertime set.
Its model number and name are #70, 71, or 72 / Gorilla Grodd.

Character Bio - Gorilla Grodd is an evil, super-intelligent gorilla who gained telepathic powers after being exposed to a strange meteorite's radiation. When he's not taking over Central City with an army of warriors from Gorilla City, he's leading the Secret Society of Super-Villains against the Justice League. Either way, the Flash will try and stop him.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Arch-vile May 24th, 2020 01:51 PM

Re: The Book of Gorilla Grodd (II) (breathing)

NAME = GORILLA GRODD

SPECIES = SIMIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ANTAGONIST
PERSONALITY = ARROGANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 285

SECRET SOCIETY OF SUPER-VILLAINS
At the start of the game, place 1 black Injustice Marker on this card for each Unique Hero you control with the class of Antagonist, Psychopath, or Rogue, to a maximum of 4. Whenever a figure you control is destroyed, you may place any Injustice Markers on its card onto this card.

SOCIETY MIND LINK
Once per round, after revealing a numbered Order Marker on this card and instead of taking a turn normally with Gorilla Grodd, you may immediately remove an Injustice Marker from this card and choose up to two Unique Heroes you control within 8 spaces of Gorilla Grodd to take a turn. Gorilla Grodd may be one of the chosen heroes.

POUNDING FISTS
Figures without the Super Strength special power roll 1 fewer defense die against Gorilla Grodd's normal attack. If Gorilla Grodd inflicts one or more wounds with his normal attack, he may attack the same figure one additional time.

SUPER STRENGTH

Arch-vile May 24th, 2020 01:51 PM

Comic Art:

Mini Pics:

Background:
Spoiler Alert!

Yodaking May 24th, 2020 02:03 PM

Really like how this looks. I can draft Grodd, Zoom, & Weather Wizard all together for a nice little anti-Flash army. Pounding Fists are real effective on Piledriver, good re-use here. Then the double turns are limited to 4 per game, which seems manageable.

Only concern would be looking at all 4 OM's with this power and how that combos with some of our other OM looking/picking powers we've made. If you know exactly where all 4 are placed with his power, is there not other powers that become automatic now?

tcglkn May 24th, 2020 02:40 PM

Definitely like the Rogue call out here. :up:

Lord Pyre May 24th, 2020 02:55 PM

Love it :up:

Brutal guy himself and a great leader. He’s gunna be NASTY.

IAmBatman May 24th, 2020 03:16 PM

Fun design! Excited to see it and dig the power set!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodaking (Post 2388509)
Really like how this looks. I can draft Grodd, Zoom, & Weather Wizard all together for a nice little anti-Flash army. Pounding Fists are real effective on Piledriver, good re-use here. Then the double turns are limited to 4 per game, which seems manageable.

Only concern would be looking at all 4 OM's with this power and how that combos with some of our other OM looking/picking powers we've made. If you know exactly where all 4 are placed with his power, is there not other powers that become automatic now?

Yeah that'll definitely be the thing to watch. It's interesting, because I think we would default in olden days to largely testing/costing him in paper builds due to his multiple turn activations, but his strongest builds may be more of the scissors variety. Joker (I) synergy in particular seems high here with Psycopath being one of his call-outs. Joker (I) definitely likes to know exactly where your Order Markers are if he's going to reoganize.

We'll have to scour the index for other powers that key off of knowing where Order Markers are placed.

Yodaking May 24th, 2020 03:31 PM

I think one of the detective types gets a boost if they pick the right #OM. The Chimp maybe, or Ralph? I'm a bit rusty on those units as I haven't used them in a game yet. I try to stay away from those kinds of effects when solo play testing.

Arch-vile May 24th, 2020 03:44 PM

Elongated Man and Detective Chimp would both benefit from that effect for sure. And anyone who can remove Order Markers. Maybe it'd be better to remove the viewing Order Markers effect or tone it down, to avoid cheese builds costing him out of his intended role.

IAmBatman May 24th, 2020 09:54 PM

Yeah, that's probably true. Right now Grodd, Detective Chimp, and Joker (I) are a pretty solid go-to army core with that effect. Sprinkle in a couple of cheapies to get the other two markers (Captain Cold (I) and Golden Glider?) and Gorilla City Warriors to round things out.

Like not a terribly unthematic army, but not necessarily the play style you want.

johnny139 May 24th, 2020 11:06 PM

Yeah, it's a nice touch for his psychic powers but I'm not 100% sure it's needed.

I kind of like the idea of Grodd collecting IL markers from your other leaders if they go down - like how Batman does for the JL markers - but I'm not sure if we want to do that, and of course it means we'd need to design those guys first. But it makes sense, since Grodd is on so many teams and is kind of an usurper type?

Arch-vile May 24th, 2020 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 2388746)
I kind of like the idea of Grodd collecting IL markers from your other leaders if they go down - like how Batman does for the JL markers - but I'm not sure if we want to do that, and of course it means we'd need to design those guys first. But it makes sense, since Grodd is on so many teams and is kind of an usurper type?

That's a fun idea. Grodd's typically the type of guy to have his own agenda even in the villain team-ups. Grodd will have Joker (IV) to test with at least if we go that route.