Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55039)

Hellfire August 9th, 2018 10:04 AM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 2209009)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellfire (Post 2209008)
It definitely wasn't a "full" rulebook (which I'd love to see), but I did do up a simplified and streamlined rule reference compilation up through the Galactus ruleset because my group prefers playing with all optional rules ... in addition to missing example pictures, it'd obviously be missing new rulesets like the new spell rules and such, but it puts all the rules in one place, which we found helpful.

I skimmed through the previous discussion to try and catch up (so maybe I missed it), but how hard would it be (or how much opposition would there be) to also make a generic option for draftable DOs in addition to the VDOs? (It'd be useful for designing say, an Alien Queen, for instance.)

We were just talking about that! Draftable VDOs are strictly more complicated than regular draftable DOs, and there's some demand, so I think we probably will implement the rules that way in the end.

:up: Cool and makes sense .... I should've gone thru that last page and a half.

Ronin August 9th, 2018 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 2207406)
Okay, so here's a spin at the rule additions:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 1441873)
Legacy Text:

C3G VEHICLE RULES

DESTRUCTIBLE OBJECTS - VEHICLES
Destructible objects are an official inclusion in the game, as seen with the Fortress Door and the Destructible Wall. C3G rules for destructible objects were established in the C3G Destructible Objects Rules. Vehicles are a type of destructible object that follow all of the rules of other destructible objects, but include a few specific to vehicles.

These C3G Vehicle Rules cover the following areas:

- Drafting Vehicles
- Entering Vehicles
- Occupying Vehicles
- Moving Vehicles
- Exiting Vehicles
- Destroying Vehicles

EXAMPLE 1: VEHICLE CARD
(Sample Card here)
A vehicle has three four designations in the left box of its Army Card: uniqueness, size, height, and occupancy. The size and height designations (such as Medium 5) are the same as those found on other figures' Army Cards.

DRAFTING VEHICLES
Vehicle Destructible Objects (VDOs) act like figure Army Cards in that they have an associated point cost listed on them. VDOs are drafted the same way as Army Cards. There is no limit (except point cost!) to the number of different VDOs you can draft, and you can draft any number of the same Uncommon VDOs (indicated in the leftbox). However, like figure Army Cards, each player cannot draft more than one of the same Unique VDO Army Card (indicated in the leftbox).

Like Army Cards, VDOs each have an associated figure that is placed in the controlling player's start zone at the start of the game and are considered in that player's Army. However, a VDO is not considered under a player's control unless that player has one or more figures occupying that VDO (see more below).

(rest of vehicle rules as normal)

I propose we start testing the Sports Car at 150 points and the Mole Machine at 250 points, with these rules additions.

(With the understanding that these are prototype rules that we may ultimately implement with lighter edits to the Vehicle rulebook, and a separate optional rule for a more generalized system of draftable DOs.)

@japes
@Arkham
@Tornado
@Yodaking
@johnny139
@Scapemage
@Spidey'tilIDie

Yodaking August 9th, 2018 07:58 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread (Vote for Initial T

yea

Scapemage August 9th, 2018 08:01 PM

Yea. Let's go for it!

Spidey'tilIDie August 9th, 2018 08:39 PM

Abstain I haven't been able to keep up with this, but I fully trust you guys and fully support you!

Tornado August 10th, 2018 07:39 AM

Yea

johnny139 August 10th, 2018 10:16 PM

Yea

Wording seems fine to be. 150 for a Sports Car seems kind of high but, well, they're pretty pricy in real life too...

Dysole August 11th, 2018 12:36 PM

Little Concern

This should be fine as long as the vehicles aren't busted.

~Dysole, beginning her catch up

japes August 11th, 2018 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodaking (Post 2208965)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Orang (Post 2208942)
Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2208927)
Once we feel that rulebook is a bit more "complete" we should see who wants to go in on a mass printing to save some money. :-)

Someday (not any time soon, mind) I'm going to propose a set of Partial Cover optional rules - not any more necessary than Knockback, just there to provide depth and realism to those who wish to use 'em. :)

I'd like to see the desks and file cabinets I've been talking about for the office building Bats is working on provide partial cover. The idea of moving around an office building while engaging in a firefight just lends itself to people ducking and crouching here and there looking for some cover. At the very least their legs are harder to hit and damage when shooting through desks and servers.

I've got some DO's in my design thread that sort of crib from multiple places including HOSS. I play with different levels of Partial Cover for the sizes...I've also thought about using something similar to the Human Shield power currently drafted on Crossbones where the cover absorbs the first wound and any extra can spill over...

IAmBatman August 11th, 2018 11:00 PM

I think most partial cover effects would be brought out by the special powers on the DOs.

japes August 11th, 2018 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2210025)
I think most partial cover effects would be brought out by the special powers on the DOs.

That's what I remember doing with the Large crates DO's. It was a power on it's card. Just like the Long and Short Ruins.

Actually you can see it here....

Lazy Orang August 12th, 2018 06:17 AM

I'll be frank... I always kind of hated the Ruins. Oh, yeah, I can stand just in front of this ruin and gain cover! Yeah... no.

I'd much rather a set of rules for Partial Cover, since I reckon they can be kept as simple as the rules for Knockback etc., if not simpler, and I'd like to be able to take cover behind battlements, cars and elevation changes.