Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Teddy-Bear (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55541)

Tornado February 8th, 2019 11:38 AM

The Book of Teddy-Bear

The Book of Teddy-Bear

C3G 2000AD SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 61
APRIL FOOLS

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...Bear_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...-Bear_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a modified Heroclix figure from the Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes set.
Its model number and name are #099d / Teddy Bear.

Tutorial on How to Paint/Mod this Figure.

Character Bio - Teddy-Bear is a rad-mutant from the Cursed Earth, the atomic wasteland that lies beyond the walls of Mega-City One. Teddy has a unique mutation that may surprise you when you see him, but I would not laugh. Sick of struggling for a meager existence he decides to get a ride from a dog-vulture (pretty much exactly what you think) and is flown over the walls and into MC-1. His ride gets splatted by air traffic and Teddy ends up on top of a Mega-Block where chaos ensues. Judge Dredd responds to the disturbance and what takes place is nothing less than fur vs. chin.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • As a small figure, Teddy-Bear interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a figure with the Fire Weakness special power, Teddy-Bear interacts differently with these special powers.
  • Teddy-Bear's Tougher Than Your Average Bear special power is less resistant to special attacks than normal attacks and other special powers.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Tornado February 8th, 2019 11:39 AM

Re: The Book of Teddy-Bear (Cuddly Time)

TEDDY-BEAR

SPECIES = RAD-MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = OUTCAST
PERSONALITY = JADED

SIZE/HEIGHT = SMALL 3

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 120

DOG VULTURE DROP-OFF
At the start of the game you may choose any empty space not in a Start Zone and then choose an opponent. The chosen opponent must place Teddy-Bear on an empty space within two spaces of the chosen space, but may not place Teddy-Bear in a Start Zone or adjacent to any figure.

TOUGHER THAN YOUR AVERAGE BEAR
Teddy-Bear cannot receive more than one wound from a single normal attack or special power and cannot receive more than two wounds from a single special attack. Teddy-Bear may not use this special power when he is on a lava field or molten lava space.

FIRE WEAKNESS
If Teddy-Bear is on a lava field space, he rolls 2 fewer defense dice and 2 fewer attack dice.

Tornado February 8th, 2019 11:39 AM

Background

Figure Art

Comic Art

Spidey'tilIDie February 8th, 2019 12:59 PM

:lol: Cuddly time? That bear has a machine gun! Nobody's cuddling with that monster.

Lazy Orang February 8th, 2019 01:25 PM

Maybe he just needs a hug. :)

Tornado February 8th, 2019 02:53 PM

I just got the Heroclix Teddy Bear figure. Looks good but may be difficult to add a gun. It may be best to just use it as-is. I will post pics later.

Check out the comic in the third post for the whole story.

Any thoughts on points? I was thinking around 50 maybe?
Once we have a price range we can dial in Life, Attack and Defense.

L0B5T3R February 8th, 2019 03:02 PM

He should get the BFG special attack off Rocket 1! That would be funny. If not still looks fun. That gun does look like an attack of 4 at least.

Tornado February 8th, 2019 03:07 PM

Yeah, the gun is powerful but I am not sure he is a great shot, lacking fingers and all. :)

Spidey'tilIDie February 8th, 2019 04:56 PM

Nice little story! When he caught fire, I thought "Are we really designing a character introduced and killed all in a five page story?" But then of course, ending. So did he ever re-appear?

Tornado February 8th, 2019 05:28 PM

Not that I know.

Yodaking February 8th, 2019 09:40 PM

Well, now I want him to come back and terrorize another tea party.

johnny139 February 9th, 2019 12:02 AM

Simple and fun - will be interesting to see him hanging out with the Brotherhood though frankly it seems fitting. :p

My only thoughts are that his first power could use a tweak, since it seems very reusable as-is and has a very specific name. Just something to make it a bit more unique. And, more pressing, have we set on Mutation for the Dreddverse folks? That reads clunky to me.