Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Glyph of Blackout Bomb (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=50088)

TrollBrute April 2nd, 2014 05:44 PM

The Book of Glyph of Blackout Bomb

Glyph Bio - Developed by the original Doctor Mid-Nite, Charles Mcnider, Blackout Bombs are small pellets that emit a large cloud black smoke. Doctor Mid-Nite would use these to plunge an area into darkness, confusing his enemies and giving him an advantage.

-Type of Glyph-
  • Permanent Glyph: The power of a Permanent Glyph is in effect for as long as a figure is standing on it.
-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Unlike most Permanent Glyphs, the Glyph of Blackout Bomb remains active, even if it is not being occupied, until it is removed from the battlefield.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits ReceivedSynergy Benefits Offered
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Art by Flame Gryphon

TrollBrute April 2nd, 2014 05:44 PM

Re: The Book of the Glyph of Blackout Bomb - Final Editing

NAME = GLYPH OF BLACKOUT BOMB
SUBTITLE = SHADOW EFFECT

PERMANENT GLYPH
The space this glyph occupies and all spaces within 2 spaces of this glyph are considered shadow spaces in addition to their normal terrain type, even if this glyph is unoccupied. At the end of the round, if this glyph is on the battlefield, remove it from the game.

TrollBrute April 2nd, 2014 05:46 PM

Looking for images here and not finding much... anyone know what these look like?

TrollBrute April 2nd, 2014 05:57 PM

I have no idea where this image originally comes from:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...phere_20th.jpg

but it's the only thing Comicvine has listed. Would this be usable for the card?

Flame Gryphon April 2nd, 2014 08:46 PM

It's pretty small... it might be, though I doubt it. We could always just use black marbles. :shrug:

IAmBatman April 2nd, 2014 08:50 PM

Good call on the marbles. :up: I think those could work for sure.

Spidey'tilIDie April 2nd, 2014 08:51 PM

LOL, TB, I think that's a pick of a Bowling ball! Blackout Bombs have been depicted as the size of a rubber bounce ball (when shown three in the hand at once) or about the size of an apple. Either would work.

TrollBrute April 2nd, 2014 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie (Post 1925144)
LOL, TB, I think that's a pick of a Bowling ball! Blackout Bombs have been depicted as the size of a rubber bounce ball (when shown three in the hand at once) or about the size of an apple. Either would work.

Like I said, I thought it was a little weird, but it was the only image Comicvine had and the DC wiki doesn't have any. :lol: I like the black marble idea though. The top image in particular looks nice.

Flame Gryphon April 6th, 2014 03:07 PM

IAmBatman April 6th, 2014 03:27 PM

Hmm, I worry that on a lot of printers that'll just be a big black mess. Not much distinction between the bombs and the background at all there.

Flame Gryphon April 6th, 2014 03:32 PM

It's a black bomb on a black rocky background, I'm not sure there's a way to fully remove that concern unless we either made the bombs themselves another color, or a lighter grey than the rocks. :shrug:

IAmBatman April 6th, 2014 03:35 PM

Yeah, I don't know what the answer is here either, but I do think it's a problem.