Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Custom Units & Army Cards (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   WitchyStella's Customs (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55455)

MsCrowley December 31st, 2018 05:50 PM

WitchyStella's Customs

Heya everybody!
I've been making customs just for fun and/or private use for a while now (on and off) and I figured I'd finally make a thread on this beautiful website I've loved for a long time :p

I don't really get many opportunities to playtest, and most of these have not been playtested, and so if you're more experienced with me, or even if you feel like playtesting any of these, feel free to leave me some criticism! I'd love to hear it.

Another important note is that these are very, uhm. Unofficial, so to speak. Because I collect many different kinds of miniatures, I use many different armies, species, etc.
That being said, whenever possible, I take names and convert numbers from official stat cards and game rules to fit Heroscape.

For squads, I came up with a point cost rule where one member of the squad has a base cost and there is an additional cost for more members. I haven't gotten to try this out yet, but I personally feel like it makes sense, at least the way I like to play.

I guess to sum things up, my customs are weird and different, but I hope you'll like them anyway, and maybe even help me balance them!
Thanks for your interest <3

Levitate/Levitation is essentially Flying but without the engagement attack rules

Sid Meier's Civilization:
Spoiler Alert!

Digimon:
Spoiler Alert!

Malifaux:

Pokémon:
Spoiler Alert!

... More to come!

MsCrowley December 31st, 2018 06:02 PM

Re: WitchyStella's Customs

I'm gonna be adding a bunch soon-ish, since I have a few already done or mostly done...

So here's some Malifaux Puppet Wars customs!

Dad_Scaper January 1st, 2019 12:31 PM

Thanks for sharing! I love to see new customs creators on the site, and especially ones posting things I'd never have imagined.

Keep 'em coming. :)

Tornado January 1st, 2019 01:00 PM

Very cool. More Digimon!
Your squad costing idea sounds cool.

lefton4ya January 1st, 2019 01:51 PM

Great start and I echo others nice seeing new customer creator on that is not jaded by groupthink of other creators here (no offense to our lovely long time creators, but is scientific fact that groupthink happens). However if you haven’t already, check out the Customizing Compendium which has tips, especially on wording to think a little like the original creators when wording powers like official figures. However like I said I also like originality and even @NecroBlade agrees using things like “roll a D20” or “roll a D6” as opposed to @20 sided die” is a welcome change.

Keep ‘em coming!

MsCrowley January 1st, 2019 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper (Post 2245422)
Thanks for sharing! I love to see new customs creators on the site, and especially ones posting things I'd never have imagined.

Keep 'em coming. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2245428)
Very cool. More Digimon!
Your squad costing idea sounds cool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefton4ya (Post 2245435)
Great start and I echo others nice seeing new customer creator on that is not jaded by groupthink of other creators here (no offense to our lovely long time creators, but is scientific fact that groupthink happens). However if you haven’t already, check out the Customizing Compendium which has tips, especially on wording to think a little like the original creators when wording powers like official figures. However like I said I also like originality and even @NecroBlade agrees using things like “roll a D20” or “roll a D6” as opposed to @20 sided die” is a welcome change.

Keep ‘em coming!

ah, thank you all!!!

when it comes to wording i just prefer to do it in a way that makes more sense and is more easily understandable to me personally --- i'll definitely check out that compendium though, thank you!

EDIT:
i also noticed i hadn't included an explanation as to what "confusion" meant on the Stinky Hat's card, so I edited that.

Lamaclown January 1st, 2019 04:44 PM

Welcome to the community!

I have always loved outside-the-box customs! Malifaux has some of the most beautiful and imaginative sculpts out there. I like your creative use of them!

MsCrowley January 1st, 2019 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 2245464)
Welcome to the community!

I have always loved outside-the-box customs! Malifaux has some of the most beautiful and imaginative sculpts out there. I like your creative use of them!

thank you!!! i agree, the malifaux minis are amazing. i love their art style too, it's quite special.

MsCrowley January 1st, 2019 08:06 PM

starting a new experiment converting civilization vi units to heroscape... we'll see how it goes 👀

one of the ideas i had is that really any miniature that vaguely resembles an ancient warrior could be used for these, which was exciting to me. plus, my customs are littered with expensive units, so these simple, "weak" squads are going to to be a welcome change for me personally

Pumpkin_King January 2nd, 2019 02:38 PM

Hi hi! I actually talked to you on tumblr! Good to see you here!

MsCrowley January 3rd, 2019 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King (Post 2245543)

hey!!! yes i agree! :D i actually saw your profile a while ago on here and was like "oh hey it's them!"

Pumpkin_King January 3rd, 2019 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WitchyStella (Post 2245703)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King (Post 2245543)

hey!!! yes i agree! :D i actually saw your profile a while ago on here and was like "oh hey it's them!"

Yep! Hope to see more from you!