Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Solomon Kane (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=49718)

Viegon March 15th, 2014 07:23 PM

Re: The Book of Solomon Kane - Vote for Final Editing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flame Gryphon (Post 1920251)
I get that in those cases, since those are both figures designed to be part of certain factions.

That doesn't really matter when it comes to balance; regardless of what the character's most thematic build is, it still needs to be costed to its strongest army build. Dropping its cost to balance it thematically isn't a good idea, it will only lead to him being too strong in non-thematic armies.

Quote:

and especially since Sage is being reevaluated, at least last I heard, I don't like the idea of basing any point cost off of a test where she plays a fairly big part and provides all the synergy for Kane. Just my two cents.

While I do believe Sage will be reevaluated and she does have a tendency to unbalance some units unfairly, this isn't one of those cases because Kane doesn't really benefit from her; he's not a mutant, he doesn't have a 20-sided die, and he doesn't have any powers that especially benefit from Sage's OM management (well, arguably the flexibility of her power will potentially allow him to use his "X" powers more often, but that's a pretty minor boost, you'd just be better off playing him in an army that otherwise doesn't use the "X"). The way Kane plays makes him stronger in Enchantress and Avengers builds over Sage builds.

For what it's worth, my vote goes to 160.

TrollBrute March 15th, 2014 07:26 PM

Quote:

I get that in those cases, since those are both figures designed to be part of certain factions. Kane isn't designed to be part of any specific factions, and especially since Sage is being reevaluated, at least last I heard, I don't like the idea of basing any point cost off of a test where she plays a fairly big part and provides all the synergy for Kane. Just my two cents.

I'd be good with 160. :up:

It doesn't really matter if he's part of a faction or not. He's better when played with those units, he needs to be costed based on playing with those units.

Also, the synergy in those tests was coming from Cap and Enchantress, rather than Sage. Kane has no D20 power and isn't largely affected by OM control, so I doubt Sage was doing that much for him and she was only used in one game.

160 would be fine with me as well.

Flame Gryphon March 15th, 2014 07:38 PM

We could argue about it all day, but it sounds like we're all fine with 160, so...

I propose we move to Final Editing at 160

IAmBatman March 15th, 2014 09:09 PM

yea

SirGalahad March 15th, 2014 09:19 PM

yea to editing

quozl March 15th, 2014 09:22 PM

Yea

johnny139 March 15th, 2014 10:44 PM

Yea

TrollBrute March 15th, 2014 10:56 PM

Yea

A3n March 16th, 2014 01:07 AM

Yea

Flame Gryphon March 17th, 2014 07:06 PM

Down to LP or 12 hours! :up:

Flame Gryphon March 18th, 2014 10:59 PM

Re: The Book of Solomon Kane - Final Editing

This passes to Final Editing!

Cards are almost done, I'll upload them once I can get better mini pics. Probably tomorrow some time. :)

Flame Gryphon March 26th, 2014 05:10 PM

Re: The Book of Solomon Kane - Final Editing

Cards in the OP.