Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Confred June 25th, 2015 10:21 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

OBSIDIAN CRUSH SPECIAL ATTACK (E)
Range 1. Attack 5+Special.
If this figure is attacking a destructible object or figure with Defense value 7 or higher, always add an automatic skull to whatever is rolled for Obsidian Crush Special Attack.
OBSIDIAN CRUSH SPECIAL ATTACK (F)
Range 1. Attack 5+Special.

If this figure is attacking a destructible object or figure with Defense value 7 or higher, add 2 attack dice for Obsidian Crush Special Attack.

~Kind of feel like dancing in circles
OBSIDIAN CRUSH SPECIAL ATTACK (G)
Range 1. Attack 3+Special.
When rolling attack dice for Obsidian Crush Special Attack, this figure always adds 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled. If this figure is attacking a destructible object or figure with Defense value 7 or higher, always add 1 additional automatic skull to whatever is rolled.
~Show must go on!
Spoiler Alert!

TREX June 25th, 2015 01:18 PM

I like version G best. Reasoning behind my opinion. He almost for sure gets to use this against DO objects and Heavily Armored Targets. Usually heavily armored targets are hindered on mobility, making them easier to strike with the big metal boxing gloves, DO's don't generally get to move, so same goes for them. I feel like it does a fair representation for the cestus. Lets finish this one up. Change the Boots of Hermes from disengage to Phantom Walk.(To represent him storming though figures with awesome speed, I'm pretty sure he actually does attacks like that in the game.) @Confred , I really liked the +3 on the move rather than a +2. The biggest thing you have to realize with Kratos is he is not handed any of his glyphs. You have to go out and kill a hero, just to get one of them. It is a lot harder to get these glyphs than you would think. So each one should be a bit cool. Also get a card done for the Golden fleece with its ranged counterstrike on normal and special attacks. That leaves at least one more glyph to make 5. I'm ok at stopping with 5. After we get the Cestus and Fleece finished. We should discuss the last and final glyph at call this one finished.

Dysole June 25th, 2015 01:39 PM

So Close

Version G (my own favorite) needs an "a" in front of Defense Value.

~Dysole, grammatically

McHotcakes June 25th, 2015 03:45 PM

I think version G is my favorite as well.

Though should there be an of before 7?

Dysole June 25th, 2015 03:51 PM

Yep

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 2029903)
I think version G is my favorite as well.

Though should there be an of before 7?

Yes there should be. Admittedly, there is no real precedent so we're kind of just extrapolating from Siege and proper English usage.

~Dysole, grammatically

Confred June 26th, 2015 05:00 PM

CLAWS OF HADES Concept #2
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...f_original.jpg
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...x_original.jpg

CLAWS OF HADES Concept #1
Each time this figure destroys a figure with a normal attack, this figure may use Claws Of Hades to keep the destroyed figure on the battlefield. After attacking with this figure, take temporary control of all figures that were destroyed by this figure this turn and take temporary control of all Army Cards of those figures. One at a time, take a turn with the affected figures. After the turns, remove the destroyed figures from the battlefield.

William099 June 27th, 2015 01:16 AM

The glyph should say "place the phalanx figure on any empty space within 6 clear sight spaces" rather than "place the phalanx on empty spaces..."

DEAD LEGACY
When the Claws of Hades Treasure glyph is placed on the Army Card of any figure in play, if the Fallen Phalanx are not in play, you may place each Fallen Phalanx figure on any empty space. Immediately destroy all placed Fallen Phalanx figures.

GRIP OF HADES
When any player takes a turn with a figure they control, if the Claws of Hades Treasure Glyph is on a figures Army Card, that player gains permanent control of all Fallen Phalanx figures and their army card.

That seems smoother to me. Hope my input isn't to presumptuous.

Confred June 27th, 2015 01:45 AM

Not presumptuous at all. Feedback is welcomed. I'll have to look at the wording changes when I have a more fresh mind and eyes later, and I do admit my version is a draft and subject to change in place as a proof of concept.
What about the concept?
Is it too outside the box with the introduction of more figures?
I personally think it is a cool idea. Good synergies too -especially granting much needed survivability in auto shields.

Dysole June 27th, 2015 02:17 AM

How I'd Phrase

Quote:

Originally Posted by William099 (Post 2030234)
The glyph should say "place the phalanx figure on any empty space within 6 clear sight spaces" rather than "place the phalanx on empty spaces..."

DEAD LEGACY
When the Claws of Hades Treasure glyph is placed on the Army Card of any figure in play, if the Fallen Phalanx are not in play, you may place each Fallen Phalanx figure on any empty space. Immediately destroy all placed Fallen Phalanx figures.

GRIP OF HADES
When any player takes a turn with a figure they control, if the Claws of Hades Treasure Glyph is on a figures Army Card, that player gains permanent control of all Fallen Phalanx figures and their army card.

That seems smoother to me. Hope my input isn't to presumptuous.

Riffing off of that, this makes it a little more cleaner and more in touch with Scape wording.

Quote:

DEAD LEGACY
When the Claws of Hades Treasure glyph is placed on the Army Card of any a figure on the battlefieldin play, if the Fallen Phalanx are not on the battlefieldin play, you may immediately (note: may not be needed)place each Fallen Phalanx figure on any empty space. Immediately destroy all placed Fallen Phalanx figures.
Quote:

GRIP OF HADES
When any player takes a turn with a figure they control, if the Claws of Hades Treasure Glyph is on a figures Army CardIf a player has the Claws of Hades Treasure Glyph on an Army Card they control, that player gains permanent control of all Fallen Phalanx figures and their army card.the Fallen Phalanx Army Card and all figures on it.
Why are we destroying the Fallen Phalanx figures after placing them on the battlefield? That feels pointless. If we want the card to enter play but not the figures let's just steal the wording of the Airborne.

Quote:

DEAD LEGACY
Fallen Phalanx do not start the game on the battlefield.
I don't think we need it but we can always add in wording specifying they can only be brought onto the board with Claws of Hades a la Rechets of Bogdan.

Also why are they 1x3 for life?

Claws can be worded like so.

Quote:

PERMANENT TREASURE GLYPH

After taking a turn with this figure, you may use the Claws of Hades to summon Fallen Phalanx figures. For each opponent's figure this figure destroyed this turn, you may place 1 Fallen Phalanx figure not on the battlefield on an empty space within 6 clear sight spaces of this figure. After placing all figures, you may immediately take a turn with the placed figures.
~Dysole, liking the idea

William099 June 27th, 2015 02:34 AM

Thanks Dysole. I wasn't sure if in play was official language or not lol. The reason the card has you destroying the skeletons currently is because the glyph can only summon previously destroyed ones.

Dysole June 27th, 2015 02:46 AM

FYI

I thought I saw In Play somewhere but I can't find it. On the battlefield is language used by Mitonsoul and whatnot. I think it's much easier to just not start them on the battlefield and be able to bring them back since Sturla could create some weird interactions if we don't.

~Dysole, starting to get an idea what the C3V Editing Team goes through

Confred June 27th, 2015 11:31 AM

I've only glossed over the rewording and there are some changes in there fore sure lol! I have obligations and then work so I won't be able to really get into it now, but some quick comments.

The concept version allows players to draft the squad normally.
If the Claws enter the game, whether be by placement from By The Gods or on setups where Glyphs are randomized and the Claws are discovered and turned face up, the Legacy comes into effect and the squad dies.
The Claws revive previously destroyed Phalanx. They don't need to enter the battlefield and then die, they can just start the game dead.
Also, if no players drafted the Phalanx, adding the Claws to the game adds the Phalanx to the game.

If we could, lets stick with those thoughts for now.
* After taking a turn with this figure, use Claws to return Phalanx to the battlefield.
* Able to return 1 Phalanx per figure destroyed by this figure (their souls revive the Spartan Warriors)
* After summoning, take turn with Phalanx
: I only chose 6 spaces because Iskra's Summoning used 6 spaces and it seemed cooler than limiting to adjacent and allowed me to lower their Move values to 4 from 5 to not only keep their power level down but nod to their Undead nature.
* If there aren't any Phalanx in the game, then Claws are useless, so if Claws are in game, Phalanx must be in game. Therefore Claws add Phalanx to game.
* To save card space, efficient explanation that the holder of the Claws gains control of the Phalanx and card.
: In a version on my personal drawing board that I didn't post, The Phalanx died when the Claws were dropped or lost, but this added too much word space and I like the idea of the Claws being a kind of curse to them. They are allowed to follow their General Einar, but with the Claws in place, they are ripped from their wills and controlled by Hades (Valkril).

* Mechanic to add Phalanx to game if not normally drafted
* Mechanic to gain permanent control of Phalanx
* Mechanic to revive Phalanx from dead
* Mechanic to take a turn with Phalanx.

I assume the Phalanx must be Unique.