Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Brainiac 5 (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=37212)

A3n August 5th, 2011 05:58 PM

The Book of Brainiac 5

The Book of Brainiac 5

C3G DC WAVE 13
THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Unleashed set.
Its model number and name are #019-021 / Brainiac 5.
Its model number and name are #207 / Querl Dox.

NOTE: Brainiac 5 requires 1x Glyph of Shield Belt

Character Bio - Brainiac 5 claimed to be descended from the original Brainiac, one of Superman's deadliest enemies. He wished to join the Legion as atonement for his great-great-grandfather's misdeeds. When Brainiac 1 was revealed to be an android created by the Computer Tyrants, Brainiac 5 "discovered" he was actually descended from Brainiac 2, the leader of the rebellion against the tyrants, as well as being the clone of the original Brainiac. Brainiac 5's ingenuity led to the invention of, amongst other things, the Legion flight ring (perfecting an invention of the original Invisible Kid based on a metal discovered by Mon-El), the anti-lead serum that allowed Mon-El to leave the Phantom Zone and the force field belt which became the signature device of the character.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Brainiac 5 can use his 12th Level Intellect Strategies if you control at least other Legionnaire on the battlefield. Current Legionnaires.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:
  • N/A
Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

A3n August 5th, 2011 05:59 PM

Re: Brainiac - Design Phase

NAME = BRAINIAC 5
SECRET IDENTITY = QUERL DOX

SPECIES = COLUAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEGIONNAIRE
PERSONALITY = ANALYTICAL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 130

12TH LEVEL INTELLECT STRATEGIES
When the 20-sided die is rolled, if there is at least one other Legionnaire you control on the battlefield, you may add or subtract 1 from that roll for each unrevealed Order Marker on this card.

SHIELD BELT
Start the game with the Glyph of Shield Belt on this card. While the glyph is on this card, it cannot be destroyed by any means and Brainiac 5 cannot lose it by receiving wounds unless he is destroyed.

FLYING

Griffin August 5th, 2011 06:55 PM

Can you put the writeup in the SP please?

Griffin August 5th, 2011 06:58 PM

Shield belt is too similar to She Hulk's defense power IMO. I think we need a new mechanic.

A3n August 5th, 2011 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1454926)
Can you put the writeup in the SP please?

No. I prefer it in the OP with all the art. It moves to the SP when ready for release.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1454927)
Shield belt is too similar to She Hulk's defense power IMO. I think we need a new mechanic.

Fair enough I have another thought but not the time to word at the moment.

Cheers

Griffin August 5th, 2011 08:39 PM

It sure does make it easier when the "text" is ALWAYS in the exact same place every time anyone goes to look for it..... Any reason why you prefer to have it move around, or is it just something you are used to?

IAmBatman August 5th, 2011 10:35 PM

Could we rename this thread Brainiac V? Just to avoid confusion with future Brainiac threads.
I like it. Any thoughts about maybe just doing Shield Belt as an equipment glyph, since it's a pretty common item for Legionnaires? And then maybe just have it be an auto shield or something really simple?

A3n August 5th, 2011 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1454966)
Could we rename this thread Brainiac V? Just to avoid confusion with future Brainiac threads.
I like it. Any thoughts about maybe just doing Shield Belt as an equipment glyph, since it's a pretty common item for Legionnaires? And then maybe just have it be an auto shield or something really simple?

Well although the belts were available for all to use Brainiac 5 was pretty much the only one that chose to use it, he didn't have the constitution the others in the legion did.

What about:
Quote:

SHIELD BELT
When rolling defense dice, each shield rolled counts as an additional block.

Griffin August 6th, 2011 12:13 AM

Re: Brainiac V - Design Phase

So basically blubber without the weakness to special attacks? Yeah, maybe. I just wonder if it will make him too difficult to actually wound at that point. At least with Blob you can counter it with a special attack.... I don't know.

When I think of that belt, I remember like a near invisibly force field that would go up so that he didn't even have to try and defend against it. What if we did something like this:

SHIELD BELT
Before rolling defense dice against an attack, you may roll one defense die. If you roll a Shield, Brainiac ignores the attack and doesn't take any damage.

Good Pig August 6th, 2011 09:44 AM

That's pretty cool Griff. :thumbsup:

A3n August 6th, 2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1454982)
SHIELD BELT
Before rolling defense dice against an attack, you may roll one defense die. If you roll a Shield, Brainiac ignores the attack and doesn't take any damage.

I can live with that although for a shield that low odds for it working (1 in 3).

SirGalahad August 6th, 2011 07:11 PM

Updated with figure info:

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Unleashed set.
Its model number and name are #019-021 / Brainiac 5.

What's with the monkey on his shoulder?