Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Events (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Western NY - Monsters & Magic! (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55732)

Unhinged Manchild April 15th, 2019 10:27 PM

Western NY - Monsters & Magic!

Event has been cancelled

Heroscape Tournament: Monsters & Magic!

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/5f6...b24c849uzg.jpg

Mixing the sibling games together! As always, anybody is welcome to play with us, we are a relaxed bunch, always willing to help newcomers learn!

Format:
-Pre-built 350 point armies, 12 figure limit, destroy the opponent! 200 points of your army must consist of units that fit at least one of these two categories:
*Large/Huge size
*From Arena of the Planeswalkers

-Figures allowed: Official Heroscape (except Marvel) and official Arena of the Planeswalkers units. See spoiler for banned figures and other rules.
Spoiler Alert!

-40 minute battles, 3 battles, Swiss(-ish) system, additional details in spoiler:
Spoiler Alert!

Loaner armies I'm providing:
I don't think I've broken my own army building rules...
Spoiler Alert!

Additional rules & clarifications:
1. AotP spell cards and creature summoning will NOT be used. Everything is going to be tweaked to follow Heroscape rules more closely.
Spoiler Alert!

2. AotP unit abilities that reference spells/sorceries, deck/drawing/discarding, and summoning/unsummoning will not be allowed to activate in play. The units are not banned, though.
Spoiler Alert!

3. The following pairs of terms are allowed to be used interchangeably (for abilities, glyphs, etc.) since they are functionally the same for AotP/Heroscape:
-Power = Attack
-Toughness = Defense
-Crossed Weapon = Skull
-“Crown” symbol on AotP squads/heroes = Unique squads and heroes

4. Planeswalkers are considered to be Planeswalkers and Unique Heroes, but they are not creatures. All Heroscape figures are considered creatures alongside their usual classifications (common, unique, hero, etc.)

5. Heroscape and AotP abilities can “cross-activate” onto any eligible figures if the conditions for those abilities are met.
Spoiler Alert!

*In general, we are taking the rules and cards as literally as possible.
Spoiler Alert!

Where:
Casual Dragon Games, located at 136 Walnut St, Lockport, NY 14094

When:
June 29th from 5:30 - 8:30 PM. I'd prefer for players to show up around 5:15-5:20 to get settled in. And hopefully this time I don't forget to bring my figures.

How much?
$2 per player. All collected money will be used as prizes - store credit/gift cards. Tournament winner gets 60% of pool, second place gets 40%.

Maps/Glyphs:
Spoiler Alert!

Attending:
-brandonwiker
- +3 friends of brandonwiker
-Sir Dendrik
-Hufflemoon
-You?

Maybe:
- +6 friends of brandonwiker
-You?

Feel free to PM me or post in this thread with any questions or comments! I can also be contacted at BuffaloHeroscape@gmail.com. I plan on taking pictures of games in progress as I get a chance, and I will definitely post battle report on Heroscapers, and likely on FB as well.

@Sir Dendrik
@Taeblewalker

Event has been cancelled

Unhinged Manchild May 17th, 2019 10:30 PM

Re: Western NY - Monsters & Magic!

Bumping this! Notably, I've added the following to OP:

-Loaner armies I'm supplying
-Expected date/time is June 29th, 5:30 - 8:30 PM
-Maps added, still have to complete the info for that last map, though

More info to come later in the month, once I get more things straightened out.

Unhinged Manchild May 17th, 2019 10:54 PM

Forgot! Have to tag @Ericth74 for visibility. Let me know if you think you can come!

Ericth74 May 20th, 2019 05:38 PM

@brandonwiker unfortunately my dance card has become pretty full for most of the summer. I'm hopeful for the fall. Thanks for looking out though.

Sir Dendrik May 30th, 2019 04:26 PM

Count me and @Hufflemoon (my wife) in.

Unhinged Manchild June 2nd, 2019 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ericth74 (Post 2282686)
@brandonwiker unfortunately my dance card has become pretty full for most of the summer. I'm hopeful for the fall. Thanks for looking out though.

Bummer, I will keep bugging you! At our last multiplayer scape event we had 9 or 10 players show, it was fun, you are missing out! Sir Dendrik will likely be setting up the next one, so as long as he doesn't care, he or I will notify you about that one when the time comes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik (Post 2285857)
Count me and @Hufflemoon (my wife) in.

Excellent, added. I have 3 confirmed coming, and the rest need to wait for other things to pan out or just haven't responded to my texts yet. Sir D, if you would volunteer to build and bring a map, I'd appreciate it. Feel free to take your pick of the four maps, just let me know if you can and which one you'd want to bring. I am going to build and play one of them on Fathers Day (and leave it up until tourney,) I just haven't decided which one yet.

Speaking of maps, I added the last map into the original post, and we are confirmed with Casual Dragon Games to play June 29th from 5:30 - 8:30 in the same room we've had for the last couple of times we've played. I'm going to post open invitation on Facebook soon, hopefully next weekend.

Unhinged Manchild June 4th, 2019 01:08 PM

Map glyphs updated. I know Sir D isn't a huge fan of glyphs, so I'm keeping one map glyphless as it was meant to be anyway. All glyphs are permanent power glyphs, no treasure glyphs this time!

I think that about does it, mostly finalized. $2 per player, 60/40 split for 1st and 2nd. I will build more loaner armies in time as people confirm that they are coming.

Sir Dendrik June 4th, 2019 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonwiker (Post 2286613)
Sir D, if you would volunteer to build and bring a map, I'd appreciate it. Feel free to take your pick of the four maps, just let me know if you can and which one you'd want to bring. I am going to build and play one of them on Fathers Day (and leave it up until tourney,) I just haven't decided which one yet.

I'll bring Solitary.

Sir Dendrik June 5th, 2019 09:11 PM

@brandonwiker
What do I click on to access the Solitary build instructions? The page is littered with false download buttons. Is there a cleaner way to access it?

Sir Dendrik June 6th, 2019 04:42 PM

@brandonwiker
I'm just going to build Jandar's Summoning Circle since i can access that map.